Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Soldato
Yup, but the point is if you do have them then that's rather more specific, the post that introduced it to this thread mentioned both and it does seem (from a quick google) that using both is common.

Like a bingo fan with an 88 shirt or something is obvs a different meaning... but "14 words" or 14/88 etc.. nope:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

That is way more specific than an OK symbol, in most situations, someone making an OK symbol isn't sufficient to draw any conclusions about white supremacy beliefs. In fact by default, it's a complete nothing burger...

Put it into a context like say a UKIP politician posing for a photo or say a group of bikers and it's still not necessarily implying anything.

On the other hand if you, being aware of the relevance, saw some bikers with tattoos saying 14/88, 14 words etc. or even just "14" or a UKIP politician started making references to "14 words" that's waaay more specific than a mere OK gesture.

Even just a random person not in any specific context - you spot someone while on holiday at Disney land in the US with a tattoo with 14/88 on it or 14 words etc.. that is clearly more "sus" than seeing that same person sans tattoo making an OK sign in a photo. Even just a tattoo with "14" in it is arguably more suspicious, though does have some more ambiguity to it (vs "14 words" or 14/88).

Sure, if they have 1488 or 14/88 or 14:88 tattooed somewhere prominent, then that's more specific than the OK gesture, not least because it's a permanent fixture on their body.

But by your own admission, until today you didn't appreciate the relevance of it. You would have walked past the guy at Disneyland without a second thought. Similarly, if he had 14 on one arm and 88 on the other, and you only saw one arm, you couldn't be sure of the meaning — unless he also had a swastika on his face or something. :p

Caporegime
I'm now curious is to how and why you guys know so much about the lingo, symbolism, etc, of white supremacist movements.

You'd have to be really bored or curious to go looking for that crap.

Soldato
I'm now curious is to how and why you guys know so much about the lingo, symbolism, etc, of white supremacist movements.

Busted! :D

I honestly can't remember when or why I first found out about it, but I had forgotten it until @hurfdurf brought it up again. It was probably the last OcUK thread about white supremacists/culture wars, to be honest.

Caporegime
Seriously what happens if your local Nazi scuba diving club are checking each others regulators at 10 meters and they start flinging ok signs at each other and subsequently one dies cos of a faulty air tank?
Could the buddy claim he thought he was just expressing his hatred for other races?
Asking for a friend.... Not me honestly, I don't even like swimming pools.

Caporegime

I was wondering that about hurfdurf too.
Honestly he must have some weird clients and zero scruples for the cash :p

I actually live in one of the biggest real Nazi towns in Sweden... Google it. Boden Sweden.
They march past my door.
It's so glorious I've never felt so pure in my life .....
Please I am kidding, for god sake, it's disturbing AF.

Soldato
I think people need to remember that the prosecution had access to his phone and found nothing in relation to any white supremacy groups, if they did they would have brought it up in the trial. He wasn't following any pages of groups, it's just bull **** and so many of you believe it because it fits the narrative of what you've been made to believe about him

Caporegime
OP
Sure, if they have 1488 or 14/88 or 14:88 tattooed somewhere prominent, then that's more specific than the OK gesture, not least because it's a permanent fixture on their body.

Not just a tattoo though, saying "14 words" etc.. is more specific than a generic symbol used all around the world.

But by your own admission, until today you didn't appreciate the relevance of it. You would have walked past the guy at Disneyland without a second thought. Similarly, if he had 14 on one arm and 88 on the other, and you only saw one arm, you couldn't be sure of the meaning — unless he also had a swastika on his face or something. :p

But that's just adding to my point - it's so specific and doesn't have many other uses to the point where it doesn't really have any relevance in other contexts aside from this one (which you'd need to know about), whereas the OK symbol is ubiquitous.

IF you're aware of this other possible use of an OK symbol you still can't necessarily draw an inference from its use as easily whereas if you're aware of this 14/88 thing then it is far easier to do so - it's way more specific, doesn't have some alternative widespread use.

Soldato
CNN going over the top....again

""The specter of the angry Black man has been evoked in politics and popular culture to convince White folks that a big, bad Black man is coming to get them and their daughters… But as I've watched three separate trials about White male violence unfold across the US these past few weeks – the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, the Ahmaud Arbery death trial and the civil case against organizers of the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville – I've come to a sobering conclusion: There is nothing more frightening in America today than an angry White man," CNN writer/producer John Blake wrote on Saturday. "

What an idiot.

Associate
Well, angry white men with guns/weapons are a big issue in the US as we have seen in recent history. Insurrection/vigilantes.
Sure. But that works both ways.
It would be just as easy to say:

"Angry black folks are a big issue in the US as we have seen in recent history. Protests/Violence/Looting."

Sweeping statements and generalisations aren't helpful and only serve to increase the divide between peoples.

The only people profiting from statements like that are the media, politicians and hate groups. For the general populace it's nothing but seeds of discord.

Permabanned
Sure. But that works both ways.
It would be just as easy to say:

"Angry black folks are a big issue in the US as we have seen in recent history. Protests/Violence/Looting."

Sweeping statements and generalisations aren't helpful and only serve to increase the divide between peoples.

The only people profiting from statements like that are the media, politicians and hate groups. For the general populace it's nothing but seeds of discord.

Yet the majority of the gun loons are angry white men.

Associate
Yet the majority of the gun loons are angry white men.
Mhmm.

Do you have gun Violence statistics to back that statement up? Or gun ownership statistics? Statistics for the number of recovered and owned illegal guns?

I don't know whether it is accurate or not, but without actual evidence to support it it is yet another generalisation.

Back
Top Bottom