La lune de miel est terminée!

Soldato
Based upon your reflections upon this, I am fleeting between two assumptions here :

1)You are a troll
2)You are deeply unhappy with your life and the current state of things within it internally and externally at general and you want the world to press reset.

Pretty certain with StriderX it's the latter. What's really said, and I wish I could get this through to him/her, is that I've known a number of people with the same doom-laden outlook on life over the course of my own. And every time, what has happened is that the world hasn't ended, we keep on muddling through and the people who are positive and keep trying, end up having made something of their life and found some happiness. And the doom-mongers have just sat around waiting for an end that never comes and then slowly and painfully wake to the realisation they've done nothing because they never tried. It's horrible to see. StriderX - I know you'll read this and it's not too late. What you call "realism" is just fatalism. You don't know what the future contains, none of us can. But we can be certain that acting like there is a future is more rational than acting like there isn't. Think about it for a minute and see the logic in it.

Soldato

Good little scrap between antifa yellow vests and their enemies also in yellow vests

It seems the enemy of my enemy is my friend does not hold true when it comes to antifa, everybody is an enemy

Don
Can’t believe this is still going on.

I suppose the good news is that we can look forward to improving economic conditions and the trickle down effect to improve these people’s lives and others. Wait, what do you mean we’re at the edge of a world recession? Oh crap.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Good little scrap between antifa yellow vests and their enemies also in yellow vests

It seems the enemy of my enemy is my friend does not hold true when it comes to antifa, everybody is an enemy
I wonder who posted this video and how they managed with any confidence to identify it as a battle between Anti-Fascists and the Gilets Jaunes?

As to the the "British Public rebelling against VAT"; I agree, the Poll Tax and the Iraq War were the only times in the recent past that the British Public protested against any Government action or inaction . . . I wonder what they might get riled about in a couple of months time ;)

Caporegime
I wonder who posted this video and how they managed with any confidence to identify it as a battle between Anti-Fascists and the Gilets Jaunes?

Because you seem to have some cognitive dissonance over the fact these yellow vests types are are mostly just protesting taxation. They're not necessarily all anti austerity or lefty types, plenty of them are anti immigrant etc... and would be more in line with say working class UKIP types in the UK though amusingly you seemed reassured by them in the OP.

Soldato
It'd help if you described what is "extremely" dangerous and perhaps examples of things "ignored" by the media. Danger is usually attributed to violent acts.

Their obsession with group identity is the single most dangerous aspect. Don't go with what the herd are saying/promoting? You'll be outcast and categorised into a group of undesirables, doxxed and hounded from your job, ostracised, given a label to make sure people know what evil "group" you belong too even if the link is distant at best (alt-right, racist, Nazi, facist, white privileged, etc). Both sides are doing it, but the far left are currently portrayed as the "good guys" by the media, when it should be called out equally.

It makes me feel afraid to enter any public debate; with views I agree with on both sides depending on topic, a centrist fence sitter of course. I keep quiet and I imagine many do the same. It'll come to bite us in the arse eventually I fear :(

Meh, that's how I see it.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
It doesn't take a high IQ to decipher that if people are shouting "fascists get out" and "Lyon antifa" that... Antifa are there
I must admit that having listened carefully I can't make out that they are shouting "fascists get out" and "Lyon antifa". I wonder why the protesters are using "English" rather than "French"?

Because you seem to have some cognitive dissonance over the fact these yellow vests types are are mostly just protesting taxation. They're not necessarily all anti austerity or lefty types, plenty of them are anti immigrant etc... and would be more in line with say working class UKIP types in the UK though amusingly you seemed reassured by them in the OP.
It appears that unlike you I have never had the good fortune actually to meet any of these people and ask them what their agendas are . . . I take it that you have spoken to them at length; you have haven't you?

Caporegime
It appears that unlike you I have never had the good fortune actually to meet any of these people and ask them what their agendas are . . . I take it that you have spoken to them at length; you have haven't you?

Nope, I've not spoken to anyone, I've read a lot of news coverage though and perhaps unlike you I wasn't surprised to see the infighting depicted in the clip posted previously.

There has been plenty of reporting on various issues related to these protests, including various working class yellow vest protestors who seem to be rather right wing!

Back
Top Bottom