La lune de miel est terminée!

Caporegime
A X% fine including assets is probably as progressive as you can get, people really need to push away from these useless flat fines that just hurt poor people.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Jérôme Rodrigues, a high-profile member of the gilets jaunes protest movement, claims he was struck by round from a weapons launcher firing large rubber pellets used by French riot police, permanently blinding him in one eye

There have been calls for French police to be banned from using the launchers, and last week the interior minister, Christophe Castaner, ordered officers carrying them to wear body cameras to establish whether they were used legally. More than 80 inquiries have been launched following serious injuries or legal complaints during gilets jaunes protests.

Despite the complete silence in the British Meeja and the crack-down by the French Police, this anti-austerity protest in France shows no signs of dying down.

Didn't someone release a popular song about rubber bullets some time ago?

Meanwhile, in the last few days there have been suggestions that Theresa May's inept Government may declare Martial Law and a curfew if (as seems likely) they can't find a solution to their self-inflicted Brexit omnishambles and there is civil unrest.

Caporegime
Despite the complete silence in the British Meeja and the crack-down by the French Police, this anti-austerity protest in France shows no signs of dying down.

The main motivation for the protests seems to relate to tax increases, in particular that they were hitting people in rural areas harder.

Soldato

There were some ytube vids last week or the week before showing the police helicopters launching tear gas at large groups of protestors, but it largely goes uncovered likely because the media probably doesn't want to inspire copycats in UK protesting brexit

Caporegime
More like they want everyone to think that the EU is some kind of utopia that we can't leave at any cost and don't want to highlight the serious problems it is having that have absolutely nothing to do with Brexit, the only way we'll get mass protests like this is if Brexit and by extension the Democratic will of the people is betrayed.

It's only a few days ago that Macron was talking smugly about Brexit tearing British society apart, hasn't anyone informed him about what's going on his country?

Last edited:
Caporegime
More like they want everyone to think that the EU is some kind of utopia that we can't leave at any cost and don't want to highlight the serious problems it is having that have absolutely nothing to do with Brexit, the only way we'll get mass protests like this is if Brexit and by extension the Democratic will of the people is betrayed.

It's only a few days ago that Macron was talking smugly about Brexit tearing British society apart, hasn't anyone informed him about what's going on his country?

Lol. If only you were right, Frances problems are Frances problems much like our's is our's, blaming the EU for things your own government fails at is legitimately retarded.

Soldato
Didn't someone release a popular song about rubber bullets some time ago?

10cc, "Rubber Bullets". Long-time back.

Or perhaps there's a more recent song you mean.

Meanwhile, in the last few days there have been suggestions that Theresa May's inept Government may declare Martial Law and a curfew if (as seems likely) they can't find a solution to their self-inflicted Brexit omnishambles and there is civil unrest.

If they try to back out of Brexit, there will be riots because belief in democracy is the main limiter against civil unrest starting up. And reneging on Brexit will kill that faith dead for many.

Caporegime
10cc, "Rubber Bullets". Long-time back.

Or perhaps there's a more recent song you mean.

If they try to back out of Brexit, there will be riots because belief in democracy is the main limiter against civil unrest starting up. And reneging on Brexit will kill that faith dead for many.

The main complaint appears to be "if brexit is cancelled, i'll just stop voting", it's worth it to me frankly.

Literally heard no one on the news, articles, anecdotes even remotely imply they'd take the effort to be violent, considering the tiny rallies it would appear to be true, they'd rather just disenfranchise than give a ****.

The riots would be minor, out of 37% of brexit voting population, only at most 4000 have bothered rallying, compared to 700000 or something from the opposing bench, assuming most of those wont bother rioting, you have a few hundred yobbos that almost everyone will disown.

Soldato
The main complaint appears to be "if brexit is cancelled, i'll just stop voting", it's worth it to me frankly.

Literally heard no one on the news, articles, anecdotes even remotely imply they'd take the effort to be violent, considering the tiny rallies it would appear to be true, they'd rather just disenfranchise than give a ****.

The riots would be minor, out of 37% of brexit voting population, only at most 4000 have bothered rallying, compared to 700000 or something from the opposing bench, assuming most of those wont bother rioting, you have a few hundred yobbos that almost everyone will disown.
You are a real piece of work aren't you.

Soldato

When the people stop voting, they replace it with something else. A knowledge of history would show you that.

You are a real piece of work aren't you.

Yeah, we've had many such conversations with StriderX. They're someone who relishes the idea of social collapse and in spite of all evidence to the contrary, seems to think they'd not be far worse off in such a circumstance. I can only speculate on just how bad StriderX's life must actually be. They seem to be like those people who try to commit "suicide by cop", except they want the whole of society to fail with them. I guess on some level that makes failure less personal to them.

Soldato
The main motivation for the protests seems to relate to tax increases, in particular that they were hitting people in rural areas harder.

Increased tax on diesel compared to petrol and the carbon tax are causing hardship in rural communities as, unless you’re lucky enough to have a small village shop (increasingly rare) nearby, you’re driving a minimum of 20-25 minutes each way to buy food. If you don’t work on your own land/farm, you’re commuting to the next town for work and the only public transport out in the sticks is the school bus.

The vast majority of cars are French and apart from the odd sports car, are powered by a Diesel engine. Oddly enough, I haven’t seen a single car or van belching out clouds of black smoke here yet; something which was a daily sight in London.

Soldato

I am pro remain, but this level of thinking is borderline stupidity. Brexit HAS to be followed through.

Caporegime
I am pro remain, but this level of thinking is borderline stupidity. Brexit HAS to be followed through.

No it doesn't, people will get over it. Democracy was never really alive in this country anyway, just gotta confirm it. Bruh.

I'll enjoy the reality-tv-esque riots either way, good tv tbh, i'd grab popcorn, but i don't really like it. Then when things really go to **** we can vote in commie Corbyn to complete the destruction, i'm willing and ready to vote for it.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
. . .
I think that the real issue here is what exactly would be seen to constitute "reneging on Brexit".

I suspect that many people, even rabid Brexiteers would now acknowledge that the public was sold a series of lies about leaving the EU. Even Farage and Bonker Boris seem to be embarrassed.

I really can't see how any rational person could object to a second Referendum, certainly not on the basis that it is "undemocratic".

Soldato
No it doesn't, people will get over it. Democracy was never really alive in this country anyway, just gotta confirm it. Bruh.

I'll enjoy the reality-tv-esque riots either way, good tv tbh.

I think you underestimate the cost of openly putting two fingers up at the will of over half of the population.

Having the illusion of democracy is one thing, but openly kicking it in the head as irrelevant is completely different.

Riots and violence on the streets? Maybe not, but disenfranchising the very notion of democracy has a huge cost.

Caporegime
I think you underestimate the cost of openly putting two fingers up at the will of over half of the population.

Having the illusion of democracy is one thing, but openly kicking it in the head as irrelevant is completely different.

Riots and violence on the streets? Maybe not, but disenfranchising the very notion of democracy has a huge cost.

Meh, it'll be ignored when they grow old and wither, we can then just erase it from history.

Soldato
Meh, it'll be ignored when they grow old and wither, we can then just erase it from history.

Based upon your reflections upon this, I am fleeting between two assumptions here :

1)You are a troll
2)You are deeply unhappy with your life and the current state of things within it internally and externally at general and you want the world to press reset.

Watching the world burn isnt exactly a positive ideology to move forwards with.

Caporegime
Based upon your reflections upon this, I am fleeting between two assumptions here :

1)You are a troll
2)You are deeply unhappy with your life and the current state of things within it internally and externally at general and you want the world to press reset.

Watching the world burn isnt exactly a positive ideology to move forwards with.

Of course it is, you just gotta change your mindset, the golden age is over and expecting it to continue amidst all the geopolitical rubbish is deeply unhealthy. I'm just being realistic.

Back
Top Bottom