Large increase in migrant workers.

Most immigrants don't do that, they live in houses as a family like most people, and the is nothing to stop natives doing that either, When I was in college myself and 3 friends shared a 3 bedroom trailer on a campsite (4th guy on fold out couch in the living area) and the rent was through the floor.

Well I can only mainly comment on the people in my area of course. But we are one of those places that has had the massive influx of immigration. The local town has swelled from 25,000 to 45,000 in the past 5-10 yrs, with no extra money given for any infrastructure.

And of course, not all do this. I personally rented out a house to a portuguese family Mum, Dad and 2 kids (and didn't mind when they afterwards moved in 2 more family members, the house was big enough). they worked bloody hard and looked after the place very well.

But I don't live in the town, like a lot of my friends do, so i know plenty of the places where 2 up 2 downs are filled with 8+ people, and when complaints are made to the council nothing is done. Also there is a big problem in this area with untaxed/uninsured cars, they get towed off and crushed all the time, but it's cheap enough to buy another banger and carry on.

So, I'm not just talking out of my arse from reading daily fail articles, I can relate first and second hand experience of what is happening around here.

Not that I personally have any issue with the immigration, I dont blame them coming over here at all, if thats what our govnmt signed up to, then they have every right to come here and work and claim the benefits they are entitled too, as it was our governmnt that gave those entitlements.

What isn't right is when the laws arent applied equally, which then ends up with an unfair playing field.

But that cuts both ways to, I have a couple of friends who work for companies that employ this cheap labour, they treat them like **** and dont give them their employment rights, who are they going to complain to? (which personally I find disgraceful and tell them so) They have employed people from every part of the world and they do say the eastern europeans are the hardest working lot they have ever had.

Last edited:
Engineers don't maintain air conditioning equipment. Here's a thought, why not hire British staff and *train* them to be air conditioning technicians?

Because in order to become an air conditioning engineer you have to become an apprentice first, its not something that can be done overnight, you can't just wake up and decide your going to go out and take the refrigeration engineer exams, and when we advertise for apprentices we get nothing.

NB: just in case you don't realise it you have to be a qualified engineer to legally work on refrigeration equipment, just like needing gas safe registration to work on gas.

Last edited:
I would say the issue is no one is willing to take on apprentices in air conditioning? Its great saying that degree's are not for everyone but when the only alternative is a dead end job in a factory then you can see why young people go for the degree.

I wish there were more traditional apprenticeships in things like maintenance rather than the crap we have now like "apprentice retail assistant" which is just an excuse to pay as little as possible.

This.

Plus I expect they only pay them the minimum wage. Nice cheap labour.

Often companies they pay less than the min wage and get away with it. :(
Mostly polish aswell....where my dad works he says all the truck drivers are Polish but work for a UK firm,The chicken factory across the road from his work is also full of Polish and indians.....Its getting a joke.

I dont think England is our country any more. :mad:...the goverment are to blame for letting them all in and they are too scared to stop them just incase they play the racist card.

then the immigrants have kids over here so they get to stay aswell.......

Often companies they pay less than the min wage and get away with it. :(
Mostly polish aswell....where my dad works he says all the truck drivers are Polish but work for a UK firm,The chicken factory across the road from his work is also full of Polish and indians.....Its getting a joke.

I dont think England is our country any more. :mad:

... lol

I just don't get some of the replies on here who think it's perfectly acceptable to welcome & encourage thousands of foreigners from the more backward EU countries & elsewhere to come here en masse to take up employment & swamp our health service & housing & jobs.

Many of them will be eager & willing hard workers and getting paid handsomely compared to back home.
Next thing you see is UK Companies relocating to Hungary & Poland etc. when they realise how hard working & cheap the workers are paid in those countries so bit by bit the the manufacturing base of the UK goes overseas.

Waiting in the wings to join the EU are Albania & Turkey amongst others, have any of you been there & seen how backwards they are still riding round on donkeys and working the farms with horses. No doubt they also see the UK as the promised land of milk & honey as does the rest of the world apparently. Still I suppose it'll save them the trauma of waiting at Calais to sneak onto lorries.

I just don't get some of the replies on here who think it's perfectly acceptable to welcome & encourage thousands of foreigners from the more backward EU countries & elsewhere to come here en masse to take up employment & swamp our health service & housing & jobs.

I'd rather that then British people have 3 children, not being able to support themselves and living off benefits.

Polish (and other) immigrant workers bring a huge amount of value to our economy.

I'd rather that then British people have 3 children, not being able to support themselves and living off benefits.

Polish (and other) immigrant workers bring a huge amount of value to our economy.

Sheer balls.

The vast majority of the money goes back to their families in Poland/Romania/insert craphole country here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...igrant-workers-but-UK-unemployment-rises.html

I am confused, we keep hearing that there are no jobs out there when it appears clearly not to be the case.

Why can immigrants find work yet the natives can't?

because they can afford to work for peanuts when they have 10 people sharing a 2 bed house!

happens all the time , were as UK citizens who want to have a normal life and family possible cannot ever have that when offered those same low paid jobs.

AND IT IS NOT BECAUSE THE BRITISH IS LAZY - would you say that all black people are lazy wanna be gangsters? NO you would as its socially unacceptable to say that and saying the indigenous people are lazy is equally wrong as far as I am concerned.

send immigrants back - which opens up lower paid jobs
cut benefits to lazy natives - which forces natives into the lower paid jobs opened up.

:D:D:D

but, if the government had such balls there would be riots everywhere... so its never going to happen

because they can afford to work for peanuts when they have 10 people sharing a 2 bed house!

happens all the time , were as UK citizens who want to have a normal life and family possible cannot ever have that when offered those same low paid jobs.

Those low paid jobs pay more than dole and they can raise families on that...

From your link:

The increase in foreign-born workers highlights a stark “lack of skills” among UK citizens, meaning that employers are having to import labour from other countries, observers warned.

Pretty much what ive been saying, the natives don't want to learn real skills, they would rather study crap like film studies or sport science, as a result we have to turn to immigrants who can actually do the job, saying employers should pay to train people is unfair, they should get the training themselves if they want the job but no they expect it to be handed to them.

Pretty much what ive been saying, the natives don't want to learn real skills, they would rather study crap like film studies or sport science, as a result we have to turn to immigrants who can actually do the job, saying employers should pay to train people is unfair, they should get the training themselves if they want the job but no they expect it to be handed to them.

What degree should they do if they want to be an air conditioning technician?

What degree should they do if they want to be an air conditioning technician?

Not sure what you mean by technician but to work on A/C equipment you need iirc at least a City & Guilds NQV L2 Certificate in Handling Refrigerants Scheme, a CITB Safe Handling of Refrigerants qualification and a brazing qualification (now integrated into the NVQ). Obviously that's just to inspect/test the stuff, a top level engineer will have higher C&G NVQ's (equal to somewhere between a HND/FdSc if you want to compare to degrees).

They shouldn't do a monster trucking degree FFS.

Serious question, but fundamentally what is the difference between a degree in Monster Trucking and say, Fine Art? Both will essentially be a test of intelligence consisting of writing about a particular subject, is it just that Fine Art is a highbrow subject and therefore considered OK for a job in a hedge fund?

Back
Top Bottom