Last 'play' you had with another road user

Man of Honour
As topic says really (not in a seedy car park out in forest ;)), what was last 'play' you had with another car / bike on road, had fun / was impressed with..

Not really talking about road racing here, which is bad (save for track etc etc), but I'm sure most us petrol heads do it time to time where conditions allow.

Me, well on way home from work 2 weeks back was following two scoobs on my fave little 'b' road... even though I've owned a STI2 years back I forgot just how rapid they are.

The blobeye I was behind really shifted on overtake and took me by surprise abit... after several link bends we got to the long straight and I passed him, only to get a flash from his headlights as I went by (I hope as a 'nod' to the fun that had been had)

Ermm thats it really.. :)

Caporegime
Focus ST3, driver even wound down his window 5 miles up the road at the traffic lights to say "nice one :D" :)

OR

Had an off the lights with a CTR a couple of weeks ago which was entertaining :)

Last edited:
Soldato
It was ages ago, and was either when:

I met a DC2, an MR2 and an FN2 on the way out of Crawley a little while back en route to the A23. Everything went mental for about a minute with vtecing etc all over the shop, and I even managed to pull slightly on the DC2. Once at the end of the road, everyone went their separate ways and that was that. Great fun though!

Or

When I was on the same stretch of road and a facelift Cooper S tried it on. We got upto a certain number of leptons and then I started to pull away slightly in my EP3. We ended up jostling on the A23 for a bit and were joined by a Celica 190 for a bit of action. That was quite fun too.

Associate
yesterday , my good old volvo s40 1.8 against a d*ck in a new shape merc ml, some diesel variety, went all gangsta and undertook me on the motorway! :D:o

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Standard looking red Evo IX.

Pulled up alongside me on the Blackburn ring road with the windows down and his mate in the passenger seat and some banging tunes on.

As the lights went amber I shouted "Yeah booooiiii", revved my engine, dropped the clutch then shifted to 2nd really quickly. Unbeknown to him I'd clocked the police car 3 cars behind him. Gotta love him tearing away with a diesel Astra in tow.

I drive like I stole it every day, not going to deny that so it's inevitable the odd car tries it on thinking im some Chav with a bee up my backside. The last couple of times someone wanted a play was a couple of 911s on separate occasions. The first was the older rounded headlight model, I forget which that is but I looked it up to be 250bhp and it had nice BBS wheels (I posted it in the daily thread once). He had a hard doing anything but match me on the A59s consecutive roundabouts after chasing me down the road.
The 2nd 911 was a couple of guys doing 40 in a 60. I think it was a late 90s 911, probably about 250bhp again. Anyway, I went to pass as I normally do but this clever idiot decided to speed up. I think he was expecting to leave me for dead, but he was just sat alongside. As I was runnign out of road I looked to my left, blew him a kiss and he backed off. I laughed for about 1.4 of a mile.

The best was the Audi RS4 avant though. Folowed it for ages ging slowly, got onto the dual carraigeway and he waited for me to get closer in the right lane the put his foot down. The back end squatted down and it made an awesome noise. After a couple of roundabouts he backed off from playing with me, we exchanged waves and I was giggling for ages. The reason? He was towing a trailer to 3 figures! It looked to have an intercooler after he let me on my way, so I think it may have been an MTM RS4.

Last edited:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
7:30 this morning with a bunch of westfields (all drivers wearing helmets so guessing they were on the way to a track day) Was slightly caught out by the early morning chill and the slightly damp conditions errrr 4 wheel drift ? :p

Associate
Mini Cooper JCW and VX220.

Setting off from some traffic lights, they were both standing start, I had a little run up as I was dong 15mph ish when the lights changed. Nothing much in it between me and the JCW upto 60 then pulled away slightly. VX220 shot off! Beautiful women driving the Mini, gave her a smile!

Also had a play with a Range Rover Sport Supercharged. It was on a twisty back road, was quite amusing as he pulled away on the straights but as soon as a corner came I was with him within seconds then the same happened over and over again.

Associate
Standard looking red Evo IX.

Pulled up alongside me on the Blackburn ring road with the windows down and his mate in the passenger seat and some banging tunes on.

As the lights went amber I shouted "Yeah booooiiii", revved my engine, dropped the clutch then shifted to 2nd really quickly. Unbeknown to him I'd clocked the police car 3 cars behind him. Gotta love him tearing away with a diesel Astra in tow.

LOL'D, classic.

Soldato
Golf GTi, was behind me so picked up the pace a little. Then I followed him for a bit.

New Lime Green Focus RS, these things are pretty damn rapid, they tail off at higher speeds though.

And a Lexus IS250, not much of a play though - he tried, at least :D

Soldato
A 156 1.9 JTDm on the M40 and A34, despite his 30bhp advantage, I could do a reasonable impression of keeping up.

Must amusing "play" was on that meet where Muffin had the Focus 1.6 hire car. We were following pw and a few others down a dual carriageway, pw & co sped off ahead, I hung back doing about 98, Muffin stayed with me. Once the others were as far as I could see ahead I booted it to keep them in sight, leaving Muffin behind.

When we got to the next stop Muffin came up and commented about us doing 130 on the dual carriageway before I sped off. I know ford speedos over-read more than most, but that had to have been broken.

Soldato
I had a play with someone on the A13 a few years back i was *borrowing* my cousins Vectra super touring quite nice for a vauxhall :eek:, and a M3 was coming up behind me so i thought i'll have some of this and it was alright till about 144mph when he started his getaway but twas fun and dont recommend doing that speed at all but the adrenalin rush from doing such a thing is awesome.

Associate
Was having a play with a Fabia vRS in my Kent cam'd Saxo a while back. I gave chase only to have someone in a Smart Brabus Roadster (who i'm assuming wanted to join in) pull out between me and the Fabia. Some harsh braking was in order to say the least! :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Was having a play with a Fabia vRS in my Kent cam'd Saxo a while back. I gave chase only to have someone in a Smart Brabus Roadster (who i'm assuming wanted to join in) pull out between me and the Fabia. Some harsh braking was in order to say the least! :eek:

Despite the Brabus badge, those things are still a slow little ****mobile.

I've had a go at one in my baby Alfa Romeo, it was a cake walk.

Soldato
BMW 325 Compact off the A5 R/A in Norton Canes...

The guy obviously fancied himself when he drifted round the R/A.

I floored down the 2 lane slip and we stopped at the lights. I floored off the line leaving him for a good 20 seconds, I pulled it back a bit and I slowed off and he nipped past me giving a flash of the hazards. Good fun :)

Back
Top Bottom