• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** LAST ROUND OF DEALS FROM NVIDIA - LAST CHANCE BUY ON 1080/1080Ti!! **

Soldato
Naysayers gonna naysay, but in 11 days time will you still favour your 20% saving?

https://www.game-debate.com/news/25...rst-reviews-and-benchmarks-out-september-17th
If you're suggesting that the 2080 at £750 is going to offer a better price/performance ratio than a 1080 Ti at £600, you're going to be seriously disappointed. But then I saw in another thread that you've already got your 2080 on order, so I understand your need to push a narrative and justify that purchase. ;)

Soldato
If you're suggesting that the 2080 at £750 is going to offer a better price/performance ratio than a 1080 Ti at £600, you're going to be seriously disappointed. But then I saw in another thread that you've already got your 2080 on order, so I understand your need to push a narrative and justify that purchase. ;)
Order both to hedge your bets and send back what you dont want under you god given CCR rights :D

Associate

Agree! The 2080 @ £750 will certainly offer ray tracing (at low FPS!) but ray tracing aside, FPS vs FPS, the 1080ti @ £600 will have the bang for buck crown by a mile!

Associate

I'm actually fine with paying £140 more for 5-10% extra performance to be on the latest architecture. It's no different than someone paying extra £140 for a 1080Ti Strix over a Windforce. Except in this case I'm actually getting real upgrade and not just a prettier faceplate.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gigabyte Aorus has sold out, but more are due today, about 100 but we sold 18 in last hour, so deal is strong.

MSI has now pre-sold around 50, again very strong.

Don't miss out guys! These are proving very popular, no doubt because our price is substantially lower than anywhere else. :)

Associate
Associate
Gigabyte Aorus has sold out, but more are due today, about 100 but we sold 18 in last hour, so deal is strong.

MSI has now pre-sold around 50, again very strong.

Don't miss out guys! These are proving very popular, no doubt because our price is substantially lower than anywhere else. :)
@Gibbo Send me an order confirmation pretty please:) my account is borked this happens every time I order. No confirmation email but order has gone through

Associate
I'm actually fine with paying £140 more for 5-10% extra performance to be on the latest architecture. It's no different than someone paying extra £140 for a 1080Ti Strix over a Windforce. Except in this case I'm actually getting real upgrade and not just a prettier faceplate.

The 1080ti also has more vram and more bandwidth then the 2080 because of the larger memory bus for what thats worth. So you trade vram and pay 20% more for a marginal performance increase which doesnt seem worth it to me.

Soldato
The 1080ti also has more vram and more bandwidth then the 2080 because of the larger memory bus for what thats worth. So you trade vram and pay 20% more for a marginal performance increase which doesnt seem worth it to me.

The only thing I can see that may make the 2080 better option than the 1080ti is the NVlink feature. If, "that's a very big IF" it works and pretty much doubles the performance when you have 2 cards (And double the Vram).

Then it would be a better option than 1 RTX 2080ti, but then it would cost even more. :D

Soldato
I’ll laugh if the 2080 is miles better then 1080Ti. Nvidia want you to believe the 1080Ti is same performance 2080. They need to sell these older gen cards quickly.

Not long now before we see real benches.

Soldato
I think we need to wait a few days after the 20th to find out if the performance claims are true, many of the first reviews out will be from those who have signed the limiting Nvidia's NDA.

Associate
Im betting you can get a 1080ti early part of next year brand new for circa £500, i wouldnt be suprised to see some deals around Black Friday with limited stock of them for around £500 either.

Soldato
Still to rich for my blood if it was £500 yes (yes I no they won’t be 500 ) .
Been a few conflicting hints around from OCUK too around performance of new cards :). That's the price I think would be pretty decent. Apparently at £600 folks wont be disappointed when the new cards arrive, but I dunno. Was tempted to get one mainly because it'll be cheaper than the TXP I sold and would work well for me for a few years I think. Held off tho.
Im betting you can get a 1080ti early part of next year brand new for circa £500, i wouldnt be suprised to see some deals around Black Friday with limited stock of them for around £500 either.
I think they'll be NLA by then

Associate
Been a few conflicting hints around from OCUK too :). That's the price I think would be pretty decent.

I think they'll be NLA by then

mm potentially, i reckon there will be still lots available around Black Friday and probably Christmas / January. But yeah past that they will start becoming increasingly rarer to find.

Back
Top Bottom