Last thread about my TJ07 here, I promise!

Associate
Was originally thinking of powdercoating the outside glossy white and the inside matte black. Now maybe thinking outside glossy black and inside matte black.

Then have white lights, white fans and UV lights and cathodes.

Thoughts on colour schemes?

Oh and what tools do you think will be necessary?

My build is mainly black and white (Black exterior and interior, except white mesh when I've finished it and white PCI brackets) White braided cables, white PSU and White Dual Pump Top.... Then the only green is the coolant.

What colour is your mobo and RAM?

Soldato
OP
Oh and Tools...

Uhmmm, Fine sand paper, a lot of time... Spray paint, Clean enviroment to work in and just make sure the surface your spraying is clean/dust free. You'll want some primer too and lacquer

A lot if time. Where can I buy that stuff? Are OcUK going to sell it?

Blue and black would look awesome ;) Gets my vote.

Spray your RADs too :D

Not goon to spray my rads. They're already black :p

Soldato
OP
I can withthe abolishes. But I was talking about the radiator edge. Might aswell do the fans aswell. I'm not sure whether I should get blue or White fans. I already have 4 blues. I'm also unsure whether or not I should get a 240 rad aswell.

I was thinking of possibly getting the GTS 240 as it's slim.

Soldato
I can withthe abolishes. But I was talking about the radiator edge. Might aswell do the fans aswell. I'm not sure whether I should get blue or White fans. I already have 4 blues. I'm also unsure whether or not I should get a 240 rad aswell.

More rads can only be a good thing surely? :)

Associate

Well its up to you... I think it would look awesome if you painted both the RAD edge and the fans

I have an XSPC RS360 in the roof and a G Changer V1.2 480 in the bottom

Soldato
OP
More rads can only be a good thing surely? :)

:p not sure whether or not if would be a waste. I guess I'll have to see if the bank allows. ATM only have £545 to spend. May go up as I have some cash lying around which I need to take to the bank.

Well its up to you... I think it would look awesome if you painted both the RAD edge and the fans

I have an XSPC RS360 in the roof and a G Changer V1.2 480 in the bottom

I think I will. Not sure what colour though.

Thinking of buying a dremel 300.
http://www.tool-shop.co.uk/Dremel/Tools/Dremel/8710364030521/300-55+with+FlexShaft.html

Anyone know if that kit has everything needed to cut metal and do all the polishing and sanding needed for a smooth finish and also for the spraying?

If budget allows I'll get everything powdercoated and spray anything that's left.

Also need to get a block for my 8800GTX

Soldato
Thinking of buying a dremel 300.
http://www.tool-shop.co.uk/Dremel/Tools/Dremel/8710364030521/300-55+with+FlexShaft.html

Anyone know if that kit has everything needed to cut metal and do all the polishing and sanding needed for a smooth finish and also for the spraying?

I think the short answer is, no.
Depends what metal you want to cut, but if it's steel then I don't think a Dremel is the best. I cut a hole in the back of a motherboard tray (for changing the CPU retention bracket thing) and I believe that was steel. I went through 2 disks just doing that!
Also the sanding and polishing bits seem poor (or in fact non-existent) unless I'm doing it wrong!

Soldato
OP
It says on the product description that it has bits for polishing and sanding.

I'm planning on cutting 1.7 mm thick aluminium. I'll also be getting some sort of ridiculously sharp, stabby thing to make some sort of a Mark first.

Back
Top Bottom