Last thread about my TJ07 here, I promise!

Soldato
As for the rad set up, link in my sig for mine. I managed to fit a sr-1 480 and rx240 in the bottom but it is a very tight fit and has messed my psu position up. If you run with the 480 with the inlet/outlet at the front of the case then I am pretty sure you can get your psu in the correct place.

Tooling wise, I also used that dremel on my tj07 (though without the flex hose bit) and it is ok, not briliant but ok. As for the sanding / polishing - maybe I am not experienced enough with a dremel but I still prefered to do the last bit of filing by hand.

Soldato
OP
As for the rad set up, link in my sig for mine. I managed to fit a sr-1 480 and rx240 in the bottom but it is a very tight fit and has messed my psu position up. If you run with the 480 with the inlet/outlet at the front of the case then I am pretty sure you can get your psu in the correct place.

Tooling wise, I also used that dremel on my tj07 (though without the flex hose bit) and it is ok, not briliant but ok. As for the sanding / polishing - maybe I am not experienced enough with a dremel but I still prefered to do the last bit of filing by hand.

I think i'll certainly get a slim rad if I do get another one.

What spraypaints did you use? I certainly no longer have the budget for powdercoating as I'm saving for 3D

I'll also be doing quite a bit of filing by hand :)

Soldato
For my painting I just got some paint from halfords, grey acid etch primer and some satin black paint (I find matte black too grey.) As long as you make sure the parts of clean, quick sand, follow the instructions on the cans then you can get some really good results with rattle cans :)

Soldato
OP
For my painting I just got some paint from halfords, grey acid etch primer and some satin black paint (I find matte black too grey.) As long as you make sure the parts of clean, quick sand, follow the instructions on the cans then you can get some really good results with rattle cans :)

Thanks. What exactly does primer do?

Soldato
damn cleeecooo you are spending a lot on watercooling :p I'm thinking of getting the ek res too, and also switching out my ek fittings for some bitspower ones and getting a waterblock for my 460, and getting some orange coolant, as green really doesn't fit in with my orange and black theme :p

Soldato
OP
damn cleeecooo you are spending a lot on watercooling :p I'm thinking of getting the ek res too, and also switching out my ek fittings for some bitspower ones and getting a waterblock for my 460, and getting some orange coolant, as green really doesn't fit in with my orange and black theme :p

I blame you for my overspending :p
If I had bought your 460 I would have had less money to spend!!! Also, finding a block ould have been much much easier. I can't find a block for my 8800GTX that isn't aluminium :mad:

Back
Top Bottom