Latest Gillette ad suggests their customers are broken, toxic and need "fixing" through feminism

Soldato
as said - schick blades are compatible

I see why he was being chased though

46711440562_722d4fb106_z_d.jpg

Caporegime
The sad thing is, if that bloke intervened in London, at best he would probably be beaten up by the youths and at worst, well, we’ve seen plenty of examples.
Ive been arguing this case on Facebook as i grew up in London and have intervened in plenty of drunken fights.

just get called Incel over and over. Posting any negative comments just get called buzzwords... gave up.
I had 2 different female nurses agree with me interestingly enough. You just cant get into a situation you dont know its not safe. Everyone else is some 20/30 something has never faced conflict in their life, idiot.

Caporegime
This tread kinda proves their point. Load of men getting ridiculously offended and insulting anyone that dares agree.

"I'm sure there will be some soy filled ***** who will defend this attack onmen"

Case in point. Imagine being offended by an advert you then make a thread and start throwing insults.

They aren't saying all men are sexual predators either, just that some men are absolute tools and let's have it right...they aren't exactly wrong are they.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I honestly don’t see anything wrong with that ad in all honesty.
But what I do see in here is a load of members, male getting offended by a simple message. What’s even more damned hilarious is the ones railing against the constantly offended are the ones offended here lol.

As for Gillette?? This ad and people being offended little pansies won’t stop me from buying their products. Although tbh I have no need to as I keep a beard and if I want a shave, I get it done by my barber.

Soldato
That's called negotiation.

Also it's called age.

Male worker gets paid more than equivalent female, would be the headline, but the male worker could have 20 years experience and a degree in that field, whilst the female may be post-grad or with less experience... nowhere in the real world will they earn the same, but that will be ignored. For the sake of equality, the situation could very much be reversed.

This advert is utter gumph but these SJW adverts seemed to have worked for others in the past so no doubt for the sake of annoying some, they will benefit overall from the exposure.

Anyone know what One Dollar Shave Club is like (UK)? Genuinely thinking of switching anyway as Gillette are hideously expensive.

Soldato
Yes it is but it still happens. There have been several cases at the BBC in the last couple of years where male and female journalists doing the same job, with similar experience were on vastly different salaries.

Yes like the editor covering China (working mostly from the UK) being paid less then the North American editor (working mostly abroad) when the former had far less air time to cover...

And with other males covering less important areas then north America (in terms of coverage and prestige) also being paid less than the North American counterpart...?

Incidentally the other international editor earning more then Gracie was Jeremy Bowen coverining the middle East in the £150 - 200k range with the North American editor, Jon Sopel earning in the £200 - 250k band. Carrie was in £135k in her role

Glad we have established that modern feminist 'gender pay gap' activism is little more then a shake down of companies by comparing apples to oranges....

Caporegime
I note a mod has deleted an earlier image of a popular post on twitter as "pointless whataboutery"??? Plenty of the discussion both in this thread and in the news is about along those lines "what if the roles were reversed..." etc... Just seems a bit off.

Good alternatives to Mach 3 blades?

Get yourself an old fashioned razor - there is one here for £15 that comes with a brush, shaving soap and 100 blades... that is enough to last you couple of years if shaving a few times a week - then it is like less than £10 to get another 100 blades.... contrast that with Gillette where you'd get like 8 blades for a bit over £10.

0wSvwjp.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaving-Factory-SF289-Double-Safety/dp/B004EG24HI/

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, despite being so ‘alpha’, their masculinity must be pretty fragile.

im sure half the thread are cringing at 'cuckolds' like you defending it.
Were they doing exactly the same job? Same hours? Same region? Working the same stories? With the same previous experience? Did they negotiate exactly the same when offered a job but were offered different amounts? Or did they start on the same pay but one was given better pay rises for the same effort over the same time period? Did either of them take extra time off such as a career break?

Frankly I can't wait to have my own company because I'll only employ women. Just think of all the money I could save by having such a reduced wage bill! (sarcasm)

get out of here with your facts and logic.

Man of Honour
Ive been arguing this case on Facebook as i grew up in London and have intervened in plenty of drunken fights.

just get called Incel over and over. Posting any negative comments just get called buzzwords... gave up.
I had 2 different female nurses agree with me interestingly enough. You just cant get into a situation you dont know its not safe. Everyone else is some 20/30 something has never faced conflict in their life, idiot.

You certainly don't want to step into anything around my town without knowing what and who - years ago it was pretty bad but got to a point the police stamped down pretty hard and it wasn't too bad for awhile but seems to be getting worse of late again with lots more people coming through from outside the area with the result that there has been a few nasty incidents with people getting stabbed and/or killed mostly drug related but in some cases people innocently getting involved. It just isn't worth it these days in reality.

Caporegime
pXGmxTJ.png

:p

Update regarding the Gillette Comment Deletion Bot Tracker..

It's been tracking for ~ 4 hours and has recorded 2,123 comment deletions so far. Keep in mind, the deletions are happening so fast that the bot can't keep up with them all, so the real number is actually higher than that.

Also, thousands of dislikes have been deleted.

What a shocker.

Man of Honour
There is definitely some rate throttling or deleting of dislikes - it should be well into the millions of dislikes by now given a rough feel for the overall metrics.

IIRC it was up at 109K dislikes when I first saw it at 400K views.

EDIT: As someone noted the likes have shot up by 200K in a very short period of time as well so either manipulated or someone has recruited heavily within certain groups to get the likes up.

Back
Top Bottom