Le Mans 2018

RSR

RSR

Soldato
The BoP and BoT normally gets reviews today as well, so we could see some changes going into the race. No one seems to know what yard stick the ACO/FIA are using at the moment but on the other than its hard to know if the teams are sandbagging much like Ford did a few years ago.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I know that some people think that having a Porsche is a penis extension, but painting it pink.... Really doesn't help the stereotype.

You do know its the 70th year anniversary of Porsche this year, so as homage to that they have brought back some classics livery's. I think the old skool livery's work really well on the cars and makes a changes from the normal color scheme.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just went to sign up for Eurosport coverage. Looks like there’s a 7 day free trial of Eurosport Player. I *think* that means we can watch the race and cancel and not get charged. The coverage is all 24h but it looks a bit broken up so I HOPE it’s continuous. Obvs with Eurosport you have to put up with the incredibly annoying repetitive adverts as well...

Soldato
The BoP and BoT normally gets reviews today as well, so we could see some changes going into the race. No one seems to know what yard stick the ACO/FIA are using at the moment but on the other than its hard to know if the teams are sandbagging much like Ford did a few years ago.

BoP has been reviewed with the Porsche and Ford receiving weight increases, the Aston gets a weight reduction and a small power increase.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
BoP has been reviewed with the Porsche and Ford receiving weight increases, the Aston gets a weight reduction and a small power increase.

Yea, I was just reading about the changes. BoP changes look fairly minimum, its good though that Aston has had a small boost. However, they where in a simlar position last year and they along with Corvette and they ended up doing quiet well.

I'd love to know how they work all the BoP and BoT changes are made.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/136776/porsche-ford-hit-with-le-mans-weight-hike

Porsche and Ford have been hit with weight increases for the Le Mans 24 Hours in the final Balance of Performance issued for the GTE Pro category.

The Porsche 911 RSR will race 10kg heavier than it did in qualifying, after the two retro-liveried Manthey cars locked out the front row in class, while its nearest challenger the Ford GT will be 8kg heavier.

Corvette, BMW and Aston Martin have been handed weight breaks, with the C7.R losing 5kg and the two new cars in the class, the M8 GTE and the Vantage GTE, both shedding 10kg.

Aston Martin, which said it anticipated further BoP help after its cars were both five seconds off the pace in qualifying, has also been handed another minor power boost.

The Ferrari 488 GTE Evo is the only GTE Pro car that will race at the same weight it qualified, but the Italian marque has been given a modest 1kg increase in fuel allocation.

Porsche has also been hit with a 10kg weight increase in the GTE Am division after its cars took four of the top five grid slots in class.

Aston Martin's old-generation Vantage has been given a 10kg weight reduction, while the Ferrari 488 GTE remains unchanged.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Alonso competing in a two car race, where both cars are from the same team?

Should be riveting.......

RSR

RSR

Soldato
GTE PRO/AM is my reason for watching it this year and that should be some cracking racing. I just have a stupid wedding to go to at the start of it, so I have the WEC app ready.

Soldato
Missed the first hour and a bit! Doh! Eurosport just about to talk about the distance record, guess Toyota have to go for something to save a bit of face over them having 0 competition in the race. Could cause them some problems later in the race having to go so hard though, so be interesting to see how/if they do it.

Man of Honour
Hey hey! One of my former employers being interviewed.
I have very fond memories of the LMP675 cars we built in Thetford. Even got a class win at Le Mans that year.

Back
Top Bottom