*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
OP
Got my first proper win this earlier this evening. Was playing as Master Yi and once I'd got a little ahead of the opponent's leveling curve I was pretty much a ganking machine :) Was awesome fun. They still managed a bit of a comeback but while they were focused on busting into our base we took out all three inhibitors and it was game over.

I'm starting to really like the graphics and the art style in general. In the next few days I'm gonna give HoN another crack as a direct comparison but from what I remember it wasn't as much fun as LoL.

When I first saw LoL's graphics I really didn't like it but now it's part of LoL and like it a lot :)

I play on the US servers a lot at the moment as I have found a load of guys who tend to play our time a lot

Soldato
I've played about 6-10 games, but at least 4 were ruined by people going AFK (several AFK from the start).
My current game has 3 others AFK (2 AFK from the start, 1 more went AFK at level 6, and now I'm AFK too at level 9)

From what I've read, people do it to just farm IP?

How can I avoid playing with leavers? at the post-battle screen it says "LEAVER" under 3 of my allys, I presume they were leavers?

Soldato
OP
Had a great tip for countering shaco. Shacos pain is he can split in 2 and then you are left wondering which is his real self. Shacos twin will generally follow shaco unless he is being controlled by a good player. Also it won't take buffs and will be very weak. But the killer tip is if you ping him before he splits the ping will stay on him and you can take down the real shaco :)

Soldato
OP
Really had a good pub game, went back and forth between the two bases, we should possibly have been a little more sensible but wow great game

fungame.jpg

Soldato
OP
Mine is talsworthy. I have a client on both us and euro. At moment I play more on us but always happy to play on euro as well

Associate
I just had a couple of games of HoN followed by a game of LoL and I have to say I much prefer LoL. I just think it plays better and is more fun. I like the graphics of HoN but it feels like an older game or a mod, a bit clunky and pretty unforgiving. I never played DoTA so I'm coming to these games without anything to compare them to and LoL is a much better experience for me.

I really don't like the last hit/denying aspect of HoN, and in scrapping that LoL allows you to focus more on tactics than on timing. I know you get a small bonus in LoL for last hitting but it isnt nearly as significant and doesn't lead to you getting totally outleveled. I consider myself a fairly decent gamer and can pick up most games quickly but I feel I'd have to study for hours to get anywhere with HoN, whereas with LoL I can pick it up and be competitive straight away. HoN is certainly more hardcore but that doesn't make it a better game.

Case in point. I got destroyed in the couple of HoN games I played so I jump on LoL, pick a character I've never played with before, grab some of the recommended items and do ok:

LoLVictory.png

Matchmaking helps a lot I think but even if HoN had this I'd still prefer the gameplay of LoL.

Anyone who'd like to team up add me, ID is Vertikill :)

Soldato
OP
I have a commercial vent server which I am quite happy if people hook up in to play lol with other Overclockers. It's only small 15 users but that should be more than sufficient

va1.ugt-servers.com
pwd usmc

Tals

Permabanned
i'm playing a couple of matches everyday but i prefer random pugs. they are so much fun and sometimes hilarious. most team games i've been into were boring.

Soldato
OP
i'm playing a couple of matches everyday but i prefer random pugs. they are so much fun and sometimes hilarious. most team games i've been into were boring.

Depends on the team and how seriously they take it tbh. I prefer the banter that a team game gives - however you do tend to go against harder teams :(

I'm aiming to be on 9.30pm+ tonight (Euro servers) if anyone else fancies joining me in vent

Tals

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ended up playing on the US servers with a friend and grabbed a much needed 4 game winning streak - phew I thought my loosing streak was never going to end

Soldato
OP
Nice patch on the US version. Euro version I assume will be shortly

fixes one of my biggest irritations with the game which is where people drop out of champion select

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=64844

New LeaverBuster Additions:

* When players leave during Champion Select, they will not be allowed to rejoin the Matchmaking Queue for a period of time. The first time a player leaves, they will not be allowed to requeue for 3 minutes. The second time a player leaves, they will not be allowed to requeue for 10 minutes. This count will reset 8 hours after the last time a player left during Champion Select.
* Removed the "In champ select" message from buddy lists for friends who are in Normal Games (to help with queue dodging)

and this one should stop a feeders being able to outlevel on a single weak player

Champion kill experience system reworked. Experience rewards are now calculated on a per-champion basis, with the rewards scaling based on the delta of champion levels. The scaling is based on an S curve so that killing champions three levels and below provide negligible rewards, and kills three levels and above provide almost twice the experience of even level kills.

Associate
Cant wait for that to hit the Euro servers, i infuriates me so much lol. Tried to join a game today and had 4 different leavers in champ selection phase!

Back
Top Bottom