*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
OP
OK :) What you have to remember is the game match making does work, at the moment your Hon experience and just good play is giving you a good march on the others,so you'll be playing very new players generally. As you win your elo (in game rating which you can't see) will be going up - by the look of it fairly rapidly :) So the more you play the better your matches are going to get. But don't get too excited that what you are seeing will continue unless you are a top tier LoL player. Great play though - way more than I have ever achieved.

Re the creeps it is probably more reliant than Hon on team play in terms of pushing, yes you can push by yourself - as Ashe probably not - he is good but more a ranged player. However if you had tried pushing (even if you could) by yourself a good team would have obviously just taken you down out on your own.

You probably have found them but use the pings
Alt and click. So alt and click a tower - if yours defend, if theirs attack. Alt and click a champion - gank time :) Alt and clicking along a route - a champion is missing and he is probably coming this way. Helps team play no end

Tals

p.s if you can grab the us client as well - use my referral link to create the account https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4aac95f943b83. That way if its just us euros we can play on Euro server but I have a bunch of US guys so if they are around will help to play with them. Also look up on the thread for my vent info - quite happy for overclockers to use this to play together - would love to see some ocuk team games. The best way to get together is probably via steam (talsworthy) or xfire (tals). I tend to play quite late (10pm - midnight)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've got the US client already, I got it first by accident, I'm around for some games tonight if you are up for it, I've added you on steam as well.

I'm not under any illusion that was normal play, its just pretty hilarious to score so highly...I've never done it in HoN before.

Sweet I think Barno and I are about to hit LoL Europe if you are game. Vent info above or we'll spot you in thegame client.

Soldato
OP
Ill idle on the client for a little bit, watching the ice hockey so send me a message when you get on, I'm labowski

Good game with both yourself and Barno - your HoN skills certainly helped out. That second game was strange, I think the new XP changes stretched the game because they couldn't get the level advantage that would have happened before. I am unsure if it is a good or bad thing because it was an epic game!

I'll be on most nights 10pm+ and Vent :)

Tals

Associate
Had my first game of this yesterday, coming from a dota/hon background I didn't do too badly in the way of contribution/kills etc. Anyone play regularly that I can add to my friends list?

Edit: My name is Woppa Woppa if anyone wants to add me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From this thread so far the ones who have managed to get together are
Labowski
Talsworthy
Vertikill

If you look further up the thread you should see the vent info. I tend to play 10pm+ for a couple of hours

Soldato
OP
I quite like the devs feedback in this thread

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=67987

Just to be clear, the goal of this system was not to eliminate the issues with feeders or to be a "band-aid" for matchmaking. The goal was to address what I saw as a fundamental issue where a level 16 player killing a level 10 player gained 50% of the experience they needed to get to the next level, where a level 10 killing a level 16 gained 75% of the experience they needed. The relative rewards for those two accomplishments did not line up with their relative difficulty, thus leading to cases where once you acquired a level advantage it was almost assured you would maintain that level advantage regardless of how well you played.

I'm still interested in hearing more of your feedback. I've got a decent idea of the direction I want to go for this next patch now.

and then

So you guys know, after this thread I'll be moving forward with a 10% experience increase at all levels for champion kills. This means an even level kill will net you 50% exp vs 40% exp, and killing someone 4 levels below you will give 20% exp vs 10% exp.

We'll see how this works out next patch.

Always good when the devs interact with their customers. Should be interesting how it affects the games, at the moment they are longer

Associate
I`ve been unable to play pretty much all day long today. Ping starts off fine around 15-18 and by the time I`m at level 4-7 it skyrockets up to around 6500!!

Obviously totally unplayable and very irritating as I love playing the game, win or lose :(

Soldato
OP
I`ve been unable to play pretty much all day long today. Ping starts off fine around 15-18 and by the time I`m at level 4-7 it skyrockets up to around 6500!!

Obviously totally unplayable and very irritating as I love playing the game, win or lose :(

That is very strange - i'd check the main forums for their views on that one

Associate
Also grab the Euro version - Barno and I have been having a great session tonight, really good fun :)

Slowly downloading EU version, got about 1/2 it done over last 2 days lol. Wont be good starting level 1 again with 0 runes/champs tho :(.

Soldato
You will have access to 10 champions per week.
You won't need to buy any runes until level 20.
The 6/7 cheapest heroes are 450IP.
You get 50+ IP for winning a practice game, or 90+ IP for winning a normal game.

Basically it doesn't take long at all to start unlocking things :)

Soldato
OP
Slowly downloading EU version, got about 1/2 it done over last 2 days lol. Wont be good starting level 1 again with 0 runes/champs tho :(.

Last night Slinky and I were on the same team as a level 30 us who was on the Euro and was working his way up (he was currently level 7)

Not hard to work out which one he was - he was pretty impressive!

If you play +9/10pm feel free to join us in game

Associate
You will have access to 10 champions per week.
You won't need to buy any runes until level 20.
The 6/7 cheapest heroes are 450IP.
You get 50+ IP for winning a practice game, or 90+ IP for winning a normal game.

Basically it doesn't take long at all to start unlocking things :)

Yeah, my US LoL summner is level 19 with about 6 hero's unlocked lol.

__

If you play +9/10pm feel free to join us in game

Stopped my supcom2 preload, ill try get LoLEU finished by tonight, 350mb to go lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, ill try get on around 10, but just installed it now and there's another 300mb worth of updates to download lol. It says ETA 1 hour, but those guesstimates never get it right :)

Back
Top Bottom