*** League of Legends ***

Associate
I'm in 2 minds about not being able to leave in champion select. No doubt it is annoying BUT you're now going to be forced to spend 30 minutes playing a game that you lost during champion select. I had a hero set-up last night that was destined to fail and sure enough it did even though we dominated the laning phase. It also means you can't leave if one of your team is AFK and doesn't even pick a hero.

Soldato
OP
I'm in 2 minds about not being able to leave in champion select. No doubt it is annoying BUT you're now going to be forced to spend 30 minutes playing a game that you lost during champion select. I had a hero set-up last night that was destined to fail and sure enough it did even though we dominated the laning phase. It also means you can't leave if one of your team is AFK and doesn't even pick a hero.

There certainly seems to be mixed reactions in the official forums regarding it. I think what they were trying to stop is people bailing because they didn't get the hero they wanted - I reckon the majority are for this reason. I hadn't appretiated some bail because the setup of the team isn't working for them. I treat each game as a challenge - never yet bailed from a game, maybe I will change that position when I get better :)

Tals

Soldato
OP
Well it doesn't seem to make much difference people still are bailing on that screen.

I played the turret guy - heim for the first time last night. I love his style. No kills but 15 assists and the other team got distracted by trying to take down my turrets. His rocket and stun attacks are also pretty powerful. I love the diversity of the heroes. All quite unique in playstyle.

Associate
Keep in mind though that some people do not read the patch notes and so they were not aware that leaving during champion select would result in any form of penalty until it was too late.

Soldato
OP
[timko];16042159 said:
When I created the beta thread for this last August it got slammed quite hard :(

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18046795

At least it seems people are now willing to give it more of a chance now than back then :)

When it was initially released they were quite tight on the beta, they kept the pricing model very close to their chests and they were not saying whether Euro's would be able to play on US servers and vice versa. In addition I had tried Hon and being disgusted with how poor the community was. All of it was shaping up to not being a great experience. I was in the beta but really never got a chance to try it. Come January I fired up the tutorial, really just in one of those bored moments, played some of the well written videos and I was hooked.

I've been playing PC Games +13 years and this is starting to look my favourite game of all time. Love the gameplay, love the diversity of the heroes and even the community is pretty tolerant - even compared to Demigod which were teddy bears compared with HoN's but still painful.

Incredible game and if people are reading this and haven't tried it - just grab it :) Not all will like it but if you're like me you're be hooked. And of course I can still play with my US buddies which is a bonus.

Tals

Soldato
OP
By the sound of it you need to try some of the harder heroes. I love the easier heroes - yi in particular is great for taking down the other side, but I suspect if you want a challenge some of the more complex heroes will suit you better. I can also understand you finding LoL lacking compared to Hon. Hon as I understand it kept all of the complexity of Dota and cleaned the graphics up whereas LoL looked to how they could make it more accesible. For the hard core that maybe a sacrifice to far.

The stash is a balance issue imho, you have to juggle what you get with the slots you have available. With a stash it would just mean you could move these out to rejiggle builds which I am not sure would actually improve the gameplay. Like a microwave I guess - once you've had it you don't want to loose it but if you never have experienced it you can't see the use :)

Tals

Associate
Im on US version if anyone wants to add me to friends. RandomGKL.

Was level 12 summner by time i relised there was EU version so just kept with the US server lol.

Associate
Ryze is supposed to be a good one to start with, I found him a pain to play against however I have read that hes pretty easy to deal with if you know what you're doing. Good for pwning noobs like me though :)

I've been playing Yi a lot and he can be awesome if fed early, really fun if you get the right items and outlevel the other team then hes just a ganking machine. Again, like with Ryze, good players won't feed him and judging by the forums hes thought of as a pretty average pick.

Love the game. Tals we should definitely team up sometime mate, I'm sure you can teach me a few things :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ryze is supposed to be a good one to start with, I found him a pain to play against however I have read that hes pretty easy to deal with if you know what you're doing. Good for pwning noobs like me though :)

I've been playing Yi a lot and he can be awesome if fed early, really fun if you get the right items and outlevel the other team then hes just a ganking machine. Again, like with Ryze, good players won't feed him and judging by the forums hes thought of as a pretty average pick.

Love the game. Tals we should definitely team up sometime mate, I'm sure you can teach me a few things :)

Yep definitely - although i'm not sure i'll be able to teach you anything, just be fun to play.

I'm always on the US servers but I have a paid for account on the Euro and can easily flick over. My game times are generally +9.30pm Monday - Friday, Saturday and Sunday tend to be all over the shop. If you see me online holler and i'll do likewise. I also always have xfire on (tals)

Game name is talsworthy on both US and Euro - Evil I will add you now :)

Associate
Played my first game in a very long time, unfortunately we had leavers on our team and a really annoying teemo on the nme team who could basically stand toe to toe with a melee and hardly lose any health using fast attacks and +lifesteal/dodge items. Quite frustrating.

Soldato
OP
If they are on your friends list then hovering over them will show wins and leaves. I believe right clicking on the name gives you there profile and more info but can't remember what stats

Back
Top Bottom