LED Bulb Thread

Caporegime
Im in a simmilar boat here 12 gu10 fittings in the kitchen currently they are fitres with some nasty cheapo led bulbs that tint a yellow band across the walls.

Ideally looking for high CRI and capable of going from a nice bright cool white for when I'm cooking too a warm softer glow for when sitting down to a group dinner in the evening.

Philips hue white gu10s seem extortionately priced.

Are they worth it or is there a comparable bulb

i dont mund if the bulbs are dumb as i can always put a smart dimmer switch in the wall

Associate
I have the 14 of the h2-pro downlights and I'm really pleased with them. Had them for a year and half now with no problems at all. I went warm white and wide beam angle and I'm really pleased with them, plus I bet they are saving me a fortune over the halogens they replaced! There are cheaper options but I have no regrets over buying these.

Dave

Associate
Im in a simmilar boat here 12 gu10 fittings in the kitchen currently they are fitres with some nasty cheapo led bulbs that tint a yellow band across the walls.

Ideally looking for high CRI and capable of going from a nice bright cool white for when I'm cooking too a warm softer glow for when sitting down to a group dinner in the evening.

Philips hue white gu10s seem extortionately priced.

Are they worth it or is there a comparable bulb

i dont mund if the bulbs are dumb as i can always put a smart dimmer switch in the wall

ikea tradfri :) £12 each for smart LED bulbs which will do cool white to warm glow.

nox

Soldato
I have the 14 of the h2-pro downlights and I'm really pleased with them. Had them for a year and half now with no problems at all. I went warm white and wide beam angle and I'm really pleased with them, plus I bet they are saving me a fortune over the halogens they replaced! There are cheaper options but I have no regrets over buying these.

Dave
Thanks I'm looking to put 9/10 in my kitchen diner and the price is making me nervous but I don't want to use generic GU10 fittings and these look to offer a decent output and much wider spread.

Out of interest do you have yours on a dimmer and if so how do you find them? Ours will definitely land up
On a dimmer do we can vary the mood and some led bulbs have disappointed me!

Soldato
The H2-pro are only rated at cri80+, I am sure they would be advertising them as cri90 if they were, but it does make a big difference to the comformt/ambiance of the room.

I currently have some cri90 gls hyperikon's (£4 a shot) plugged in via adapters to kitchen gu10 sockets, it is not practical long term, but I would like to find a gu10 that looked as nice.

Associate
When my house rewire is finished in a couple of weeks im going to be putting Hue bulbs in bedroom and living room.
What normal LED bulbs would you guys recommend for the other rooms? Don't wanna just get some cheap crap thats on offer from a local shop that buzzes etc, but dont want to spend loads.
Any recommendations?
Want to go full LED to save a few pennies a month, got halogen in most rooms atm lol

Soldato
The H2-pro are only rated at cri80+, I am sure they would be advertising them as cri90 if they were, but it does make a big difference to the comformt/ambiance of the room.

I currently have some cri90 gls hyperikon's (£4 a shot) plugged in via adapters to kitchen gu10 sockets, it is not practical long term, but I would like to find a gu10 that looked as nice.
It's a tricky one on the CRI I'm sure in a couple of years all LED bulbs will be high CRI but currently the options are really restricted in terms of designs and costs.

Soldato
When my house rewire is finished in a couple of weeks im going to be putting Hue bulbs in bedroom and living room.
What normal LED bulbs would you guys recommend for the other rooms? Don't wanna just get some cheap crap thats on offer from a local shop that buzzes etc, but dont want to spend loads.
Any recommendations?
Want to go full LED to save a few pennies a month, got halogen in most rooms atm lol

get some hyperikon gls/b22 cri90's, if you don't need gu10; from amazon, easy return w/any probs ... and then tell us how much nicer colour is than hue -
mine are fine 3months in.

Associate
Out of interest do you have yours on a dimmer and if so how do you find them? Ours will definitely land up on a dimmer do we can vary the mood and some led bulbs have disappointed me!

I have 10 in the kitchen and 4 in the bathroom. As the kitchen ones are all on the same circuit and the kitchen is a triple switch (with the utility room and under counter lights on the other 2) it was too complicated to bother with a dimmer, so I can't really tell you what they are like.

Dave

Soldato
I have 10 in the kitchen and 4 in the bathroom. As the kitchen ones are all on the same circuit and the kitchen is a triple switch (with the utility room and under counter lights on the other 2) it was too complicated to bother with a dimmer, so I can't really tell you what they are like.

Dave

Thanks for getting back to me, think I'm going to go for them the dimming reviews look pretty good when used with a decent quality dimmer light the V-Pro they are expensive compared to GU10 jobs but I'm hoping for better performance!

aMb

aMb

Associate
I was looking at replacing the lights in my bathroom with some LEDs, potentially the Halers H2 Pro 700 although I'm unsure whether to go with the 38 or 55 beam angle? Currently I think the lights are a narrow beam 50W and they do not spread very widely, would it be best to opt for the wider beam? My only concern is that I trade off too much intensity although I think this would be balanced by the more powerful lights? What would people typically go for with a bathroom? Picture below for the layout

w20Bu0B.jpg

Associate
Soldato
I ended up getting the bulb from ebay and it seems genuine. I am really pleased with the light, 4000k is ideal for me, not too yellow and not too cold blue, just a nice neutral white. I don't know why this colour temp isn't more popular.

Hopefully it lasts longer than some of the other led bulbs I have bought in the past few years. Had 2 sets of lights from Light Rabbit start flickering, the cheapo ebay ones at the start of this thread and then some Osram led bulbs I got from Tesco. So much for 15 years life... The only ones that have lasted are the SMD ones I got from led hut (i think).

Soldato
I'd be very weary of the cheapo Chinese bulbs a lot of them are unsafe due to crappy components and dodgy soldering. There are quite a few articles on it if you search. Ebay/Amazon are also full of the dodgy cheapo bulbs as well, which is why i try not to buy them from there if I can help it.

Back
Top Bottom