Leeds United Association Football Club Takeover

Associate
OP
I've read all sorts regarding potential American and Kuwaiti buyers :confused: don't think I'm going to believe anything until it is all completed. Trying not to get too excited as anything can happen when it's Leeds...

Soldato
Nothing can be worse than Bates so I'll be happy whoever takesover I guess.

Hopefully whoever it is will put the team first and not spend money on hotels and ****.

Associate
OP
Nothing can be worse than Bates so I'll be happy whoever takesover I guess.

Hopefully whoever it is will put the team first and not spend money on hotels and ****.

Yeah whoever it is I'll be happy as long as they take care of the club and don't run it into the ground. My worry is though what if we do possibly end up in a situation that is worse than now? I know it is unlikely but you never know, they'd have to try hard to be worse than Ken.

Never understood the hotel idea, well I can see how it could generate money however there is plenty of hotels in Leeds and in much better locations. The only thing going for a hotel at Elland Road is that it is near the motorway.

Soldato
I'm one of very few leeds fans who is generally (though not by any means completely!) pretty happy with the job bates has done. I know it's obvious money that should be going in to the team has been goign elsewhere but in the business sense i think he deserves some credit for the job he has done in making leeds financially stable and profitable.

Obviously as fans our main focus is where we are in the leagues, but everyones going to say "good riddance" once he's gone, and i agree with everyone that he's not the man to take the club forward, at least not in the time frame that the fans want, but i don't think we should all be so thankful to be rid of him, instead we should thank him for the job he has done since our downfall, and wish him well in the final years of his life (he's 80, can't have much longer left i doubt)

Fingers crossed something happens ASAP though so we can get some new players in before the start of the season :)

Don
Takeover nearly complete. Exciting times! Warnock back from holiday any day soon so expect it all to be finalised soon.
Then to get rid of some dead weight and bring in some decent signings. Happy with out transfers in so far, Pearce, Green and Drury but we need to keep Snodgrass. I don't mind letting McCormack and Clayton go if money is all they want, they're replaceable.

Further to our previous statement of the 29th May, Leeds United can confirm they have granted an exclusivity period to enable a potential investor to carry out the appropriate due diligence.
It is anticipated this will be a fairly straightforward process.
A confidentiality clause prevents the club from making any further comment. However, our discussions with them have left us very comfortable that they have the financial resources to support the club and that they will have no issues in satisfying the requirements of the Football League's Owners and Directors Test, unlike many of the previous approaches we have had to endure.
We will not be making any further announcements in the near future.

Soldato
I'd like us to keep Clayton ideally, but mccormack is definitely replacable... never seemed like anything special even considering the amount of goals he scored last season.

Looking forward to the first game of the season assuming we make a couple more signings :D My mates a very big Wolves fan so it's going to be interesting, especially since they decided to put it on TV!

Associate
I have been keeping an eye on the twitter feed for leeds. I think someone is trolling and edited sheik Maktoum wiki entry to say he had bought Leeds. This has been taken down now.

Man of Honour
It does appear that it is middle east rather than American investment.

How anyone can be grateful of what bates has done at Leeds is completely beyond me. It has just been a cash cow for him.

Associate
the reason some people are happy with what bates has done is because no one in football or business wanted to touch us in the bad times. in fact most of foootball glowed at the fact. love him or hate him ken bates saved the club. now its time to go

Man of Honour
No, he didn't. He lined his own pockets, nothing more.

It's more than a passing coincidence that the money taken out of the club matched the moneys waived by the major creditor in the event that Bates retained ownership.

The administrators stated that there were multiple valid deals, but the one with Bates was taken because of the £17m waived.

Soldato
Love him or hate him, don't knock Bates. he may be a divisive figure, but one thing he will do is get the club on a realistic financial footing that will enable it to be sold or taken to the next development stage (by someone else)
Im a chelsea fan, and though bates was equally divisive for us, the one thing no-one can argue with is that he saved the club, and that was/is enough for me
Personally, i think he is an egotistical ****, but if you are up against it, he is a good man to have in your corner.
I hope you guys do get sold and get some investment and start going places, but I won't look forward to meeting you twice a season for the usual kickfest, it was too painful to watch :p

Soldato
My point still stands, it should be in the rules sticky if it's a rule, how else are people to know? How was the OP to know?

Oh, i don't know at all, I'm just saying it is a rule, thats all :) All club threads were closed down years back. However this isn't really a club thread so much as a specific issue.

Im not even sure that makes sense!! I assume if you were to talk about other Leeds issues/stories it would be closed.

Back
Top Bottom