Legal system at it's best...

Associate
I can fully understand your point of view, and I suspect I could be just as sceptical in your position. I too cannot see how the 'assault' took place one day, and the next day she had a criminal record, but this indeed seems to be exactly what happened.

All I can say is I have absolutely no reason to doubt my colleagues word - He has no reason to lie and I believe he has been alsolutely honest about the matter. He's take time off, and people have been around (in his office) while he's had phone calls with his wife about the matter.

There is seemingly no weak link the chain - He seems to be telling the truth, and he and his wife have both been in contact with the police station regarding the matter. Now an embassy is seemingly involved (but who knows to what degree) and a solicitor.

So again, I can see the exact reasons for any scepticism, but all I can say is thus far it seems legit. I almost wish something would come to light to show this story isn't true - ie: The nanny was just lying or something, but as I've said this just doesn't seem to be the case (thus far).
How elaborate. Wouldn't it be easier to just come out and admit you made the whole thing up?

Soldato
OP
He has a point though your story has loads of weak links. Its pretty obvious someone must be lying.

Well I'm not, and I'm certain my colleague isn't. It's possible the nanny might be lying except that my colleague and his wife have basically been talking directly to the police station regarding the case, so I'm sure any lies would have become apparent. I wondering if the only hole might be that she did actually assault someone and no theft was involved? Still doesn't explain the amazing speed of the conviction though?

Anyway, as/when any more info comes up I'll post it. If only to give LikWig a reason to troll some more :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I can fully understand your point of view, and I suspect I could be just as sceptical in your position. I too cannot see how the 'assault' took place one day, and the next day she had a criminal record, but this indeed seems to be exactly what happened.

It does not happen that quickly.

All I can say is I have absolutely no reason to doubt my colleagues word - He has no reason to lie and I believe he has been alsolutely honest about the matter. He's take time off, and people have been around (in his office) while he's had phone calls with his wife about the matter.

I've played tricks on people before, I got my girlfriend to believe some chicken was veggie friendly, she ate it, figured it out a few days later, I didn't get any for a month, but it was worth it to see a devoted veggie eat chicken :D

There is seemingly no weak link the chain - He seems to be telling the truth, and he and his wife have both been in contact with the police station regarding the matter. Now an embassy is seemingly involved (but who knows to what degree) and a solicitor.

Yes there are weak links, there would have being an ivestigation into the money stolen, as the two are linked, self defence of a mugging, they wouldn't have treated it as two seperate incidents. Thats a fairly big weak link. If you've ever being involoved with the police / assaults you know that they do not work this quickly.

So again, I can see the exact reasons for any scepticism, but all I can say is thus far it seems legit. I almost wish something would come to light to show this story isn't true - ie: The nanny was just lying or something, but as I've said this just doesn't seem to be the case (thus far).

Either your friend is playing a trick, you're making this up yourself or the nanny is lieing about losing her money, and it was a punch up on a night out.

Permabanned
Is it really worth losing credibility (even if it is only on t'internet) over such an obviously made up crock of ****?

Just face the fact that you've been lied to by somebody at work, and you fell for it, hook, line and bloody sinker!

Soldato
OP
Being put through the system.
Working with the police due to my job, which involves dealing with people who have being arrested, on bail, ect ect.

Excellent... So you're saying it's impossible for someone to admit guilt and be charged with 1-2 days?

Soldato
OP
Is it really worth losing credibility (even if it is only on t'internet) over such an obviously made up crock of ****?

Just face the fact that you've been lied to by somebody at work, and you fell for it, hook, line and bloody sinker!

If I wasn't so certain about the credibility of my colleague I'd have serious doubts myself. If there something incorrect about these events it's somewhere beyond that link in the chain, and I just can't see where it might be...

And let's also remember lots of folks in the office are aware of this matter, and some of us have even been there during phone call pertaining to it!?

It's not quite as simple and black and white as you'd make out :)

Soldato
I think him paying off the women to not tell his wife about his fetishes is the most conceivable. Did he sweat a lot when his wife was calling him asking him questions?

Soldato
If I wasn't so certain about the credibility of my colleague I'd have serious doubts myself. If there something incorrect about these events it's somewhere beyond that link in the chain, and I just can't see where it might be...

And let's also remember lots of folks in the office are aware of this matter, and some of us have even been there during phone call pertaining to it!?

It's not quite as simple and black and white as you'd make out :)

It really is, your story is a crock of ****. The system simply does not work like that.

Soldato
OP
It really is, your story is a crock of ****. The system simply does not work like that.

Excellent! If someone can truly point out that the system cannot work this way, then please PLEASE do! But don't just say it because you *think* it doesn't :confused:

So how do you know this is the case?

Soldato
Excellent! If someone can truly point out that the system cannot work this way, then please PLEASE do! But don't just say it because you *think* it doesn't :confused:

So how do you know this is the case?

Here you go, have a read, its aimed at youths, but it'll give you an idea of the processes involved:

http://www.walsall.gov.uk/index/if_you_get_arrested.htm

For something serious like assault, you get charged by the police and then sent to court. You wont get a court date the next day, it takes months for the CPS to get their act together.

Also when you have to appear in court you have to be given a written letter stating the date and time. They have to leave sufficient time between you receiving this letter and your court appearance so that you can arrange days off work, a childminder, whatever.

Now don't get me wrong, I wish the justice system in this country could turn criminals around in 2 days, like in your OP, but that's simply not the case. It takes months and is a long tiresome process.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Excellent... So you're saying it's impossible for someone to admit guilt and be charged with 1-2 days?

Yes, Yes I am.

You can't get a court date that quickly, besides this isn't a "open and shut case" is it ? this also involves a mugging, of which the woman was defending herself against.

Soldato
OP
Here you go, have a read, its aimed at youths, but it'll give you an idea of the processes involved:

http://www.walsall.gov.uk/index/if_you_get_arrested.htm

For something serious like assault, you get charged by the police and then sent to court. You wont get a court date the next day, it takes months for the CPS to get their act together.

Also when you have to appear in court you have to be given a written letter stating the date and time. They have to leave sufficient time between you receiving this letter and your court appearance so that you can arrange days off work, a childminder, whatever.

Now don't get me wrong, I wish the justice system in this country could turn criminals around in 2 days, like in your OP, but that's simply not the case. It takes months and is a long tiresome process.

Thanks. But there's nothing in there suggesting that you couldn't be seen the next day - infact it does suggest this can happen - and nothing in there to suggest if you just plead guilty then that's it?

Yes, Yes I am.

You can't get a court date that quickly, besides this isn't a "open and shut case" is it ? this also involves a mugging, of which the woman was defending herself against.

I don't believe the mugging came into it. I suspect it was just a straight forward assault charge? - ie: The nanny on the other person.

Soldato
OP
Ummm Tummy, see what you think of this?

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/about_j...icial_profiles/day_in_life_of/magistrates.htm

The third case involves two 19-year-old men, charged with assaulting the landlord of the pub where they had been drinking the previous night. We are told that they are not ready to enter a plea, as evidence has not been disclosed. The case will therefore be adjourned, but we have to consider whether or not we are prepared to grant bail.​

Certainly seems to imply here that a case appeared in court the day after an assault? Now if they had pleaded guilty might they not have been charged there and then?

Back
Top Bottom