Legal system at it's best...

Man of Honour
I have a mate who is a screw and someone attempted to rob him at knifepoint about 2 years ago when he was at a cashpoint.

He reacted instantly and knocked the lad unconcious before making off himself with no qualms made about the level of force used. The lad had got up and left by the time police got there he had gone.

To strike someone to the ground while they are attempting to rob you is not assault and it is hard to believe it being entertained.

Soldato
My FD one is £500 (no special request from me)
My halifax 2 are both £300 each.

I don't think there is a 'standard' given peoples different earnings and all the different types of accounts.

I think it's linked to the type of card, which is given based on the account. I vaguely remember from my time at RBS cards that a gold switch has a higher daily withdrawl than a standard silver switch card, which is again higher than a cashline card. It was possible to request a higher daily withdrawl limit, but it would be at the discretion of the branch and based on account activity.

It may be that you have a card above the standard, or that First Direct don't take on customers with very little money. I've got a gold card on my old staff account yet never requested it.

I find it very hard to believe that an immigrant worker on a nanny salary would have a £500 daily withdrawl limit. I would be surprised if she had anything more than a solo/electron card, as banks are very wary of allowing people on a visa to get into debt. It would be extremely unusual for a solo or electron card to be able to withdraw so much in one day.

Associate
Say hypothetically speaking the OP just came out and admitted that he made the whole thing up for attention. While I can't speak for anyone else I personally would really respect that kind of honesty.

Just hypothesising, of course.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Say hypothetically speaking the OP just came out and admitted that he made the whole thing up for attention. While I can't speak for anyone else I personally would really respect that kind of honesty.

Just speaking hypothesising, of course.

Sorry, can't do that, as that wouldn't be the case.

I'd say I'm a very honest guy by nature, and I would hope this includes my internet dealings - where of course you're shielded by being at the end of a wire, instead of face to face. I'd say (on the tinterweb) I try my best to conduct myself as I would face to face with someone. That's even the reason why I consciously use my real name, rather than some made up meaningless nonsense of a name (to hide behind). If people acted to others on the internet as they did to people face to face, it would be a far more social place.

Anyway, again, I fully understand how some folk may see this story as sounding unbelievable - even I am taken aback at her being convicted so quickly, and still have some big question marks. So as I've now said numerous times, if/when more information arises I'll post it here. Personally I'll be suggesting he/she goes to the papers with it.

lol I just dont believe a word you posted.
Interesting... What a well though out comment - So you don't even believe I have the colleague at work for example? Shush and go away... There's no need for this to turn into a mud slinging contest.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Permabanned
Anyway, again, I fully understand how some folk may see this story as sounding unbelievable - even I am taken aback at her being convicted so quickly, and still have some big question marks.

You know why? This person at work is lying to you, it's that simple! I just can't believe you thought the story was true long enough to make a post about it on the internet.

Soldato
This is BS and you have been BSd - there is no way that:

1) The police made her come into the station and then appointed her a lawyer to appear in court. Things do not work like that.

2) The "next day" is not enough time for the Minor Case Review Service (at the CPS) to have reviewed everything and told the court whether or not proceed in the court.

3) Why did the other person stay for the police?

4) The woman was the complainant here. The police do not turn up and ask the other party "Do you want to press charges" on the spot.

5) The police would have investigated the robbery - checked withdrawal logs for the cash machine, tried to find the other woman, etc.

It is all ridiculous. Something is up, and big pieces are missing.

Soldato
OP
You know why? This person at work is lying to you, it's that simple! I just can't believe you thought the story was true long enough to make a post about it on the internet.

This is someone I've (we've) known for over ten years. They are a trustworthy adult (wife + 4 kids) with no reason to lie etc... He had to even miss a day from work (when the nanny was mugged) and has clearly been amazed/frustrated himself at the turn of events...

I know from the outside it might seem easy to point fingers etc, but believe me the guy is absolutely credible and none of us doubt him for a second.

Again, I'll see if I get more facts/information to prove/disprove the event(s) - That's all I can do.

Soldato
OP
I guess by now you must have found out what actually did or didn't happen.

Not a lot more info, other than my colleagues wife is actually a head mistress in a school. One of the parents there is a solicitor and is willing to look into the case - Supposedly they have 28 days to do this?

So the Embassy said they'd supposedly take some sort of action, and so is this solicitor potentially.

So no news as such (so far)... And nothing seems to have changed regarding the events.

Caporegime
I've really enjoyed reading this thread.

Neil, nothing adds up my friend.

The criminal justice system doesn't work that fast.
The Police would have done more, they'd have to build a case surely and investigate all possibilities, was she under a bridge ? because most city's/towns have a lot of CCTV.

I don't believe you, sorry, hope your little story works out.

Caporegime
A Nanny, a day off work, a reason to give the nanny some money because she's now down £500 she can't get back.

Sure its not the bad story of a guy banging the nanny who had to come up with cash to keep her quiet so came up with a valid reason to tell the wife why he'd help her out with some cash?

infact, i'd crack up if that was the case, this is why you need your own accounts with no paper bills, easier to get away with crap :p

Soldato
OP
The criminal justice system doesn't work that fast.
The Police would have done more, they'd have to build a case surely and investigate all possibilities, was she under a bridge ? because most city's/towns have a lot of CCTV.

I don't believe you, sorry, hope your little story works out.

I can fully understand your point of view, and I suspect I could be just as sceptical in your position. I too cannot see how the 'assault' took place one day, and the next day she had a criminal record, but this indeed seems to be exactly what happened.

All I can say is I have absolutely no reason to doubt my colleagues word - He has no reason to lie and I believe he has been alsolutely honest about the matter. He's take time off, and people have been around (in his office) while he's had phone calls with his wife about the matter.

There is seemingly no weak link the chain - He seems to be telling the truth, and he and his wife have both been in contact with the police station regarding the matter. Now an embassy is seemingly involved (but who knows to what degree) and a solicitor.

So again, I can see the exact reasons for any scepticism, but all I can say is thus far it seems legit. I almost wish something would come to light to show this story isn't true - ie: The nanny was just lying or something, but as I've said this just doesn't seem to be the case (thus far).

Associate
Sounds like a case for Jack Bauer.

This is the man for this job,

34nkw83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom