Lenovo Ideapad 5

Associate
If you install the Lenovo Vantage app you can do it on the fly in Windows.

Awesome, I had seen a couple of you Tamzzy to mention one lol who reinstalled win10 to remove bloatware and then install that from the site,

My issue isn't having to install win10 or download that app from lenovo is the software microlink has to install for me to get any money back from DSA and SFE lol I probably won't be using it much as I like typing, not even sure what the software is or how they plan to install it. I hope microlink don't want to remote the laptop especially if they notice I've removed the initial bloatware win 10 lol.

Also thanks for the info. I'm hoping the 4800u comes back for 14inch ideapad for September or I'll have to go woth the 256 m.2 and 15 inch screen lol

Man of Honour
OP
Awesome, I had seen a couple of you Tamzzy to mention one lol who reinstalled win10 to remove bloatware and then install that from the site,
tbh, lenovo's bloatware isn't as bad as some other OEMs like asus etc.
i just like my windows as vanilla as i can get it ;)

Soldato
This is odd - the Lenovo UK web site now says this model is 'Coming soon'.

Also, does it have a back-lit keyboard or is that something it's missing? Can't find it mentioned in the tech specs.

Associate
This is odd - the Lenovo UK web site now says this model is 'Coming soon'.

Also, does it have a back-lit keyboard or is that something it's missing? Can't find it mentioned in the tech specs.

I've been on every other day or two and I've noticed the same. It's the shortage of the mobile chips for the ryzen 4000g/u/h/hs etc. I think that's all lol,

I don't start university and or get my maintenance grant till 3rd week of September so I'm waiting till around then to get one, I hope I can get the 15" with a 4800u and a 512 m.2 by then lol

Associate
Looking at one of these as a desktop replacement, i don't game on my PC so just browsing, netflix and other light stuff
Anything better at this price range to look at?

Man of Honour
OP
yeah, agree with minstadave...it's unbeatable value, really. especially if you can nab the ideapad with the discounts lenovo frequently offers

Associate
I've been on every other day or two and I've noticed the same. It's the shortage of the mobile chips for the ryzen 4000g/u/h/hs etc. I think that's all lol,

I don't start university and or get my maintenance grant till 3rd week of September so I'm waiting till around then to get one, I hope I can get the 15" with a 4800u and a 512 m.2 by then lol

I've watched 2 sell on eBay for about £800 for the 4800U model

nam

nam

Soldato
still have not got a refund from lenovo. I have had to launch a paypal dispute as lenovo keep saying we are investigating with courier. Terrible service

Associate
Whilst I received the 14" version of the Ideapad, I also have a 15" on order which has now been delayed until end of October.. This is a birthday present needed by mid September, so it looks like I will have to cancel if it is not shipped soon..

Soldato
W10 2004 is finally here. Checked for updates this morning and was offered the feature update. So I took a backup and went for it. It took about 2.25 hours and there were a load of AMD driver updates when I checked afterwards. Everything seems to be working.......

Back
Top Bottom