Lenovo Legion Go

Zotac Zone unboxing and using it, video is in German so turn on subtitles to English.. Watch the comedy.. The device comes with no software to control it and has a note in the box stating it and to keep an eye out for the software that basically makes it work right :cry: .. Also the AMOLED screen is a Portrait display ... they really tried to hide that information everywhere, then opening the kickstand makes the internal fan rattle ... £850 LOOOL....

Last edited:
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon LOL. I still think the Go is the closest to something decently supported and acceptable build quality, though other options like the Steam Deck may be more appealing for people who want a more purely handheld gaming experience.

I still don't like Legion Space. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I prefer Ayaspace's way of controlling TDP more. Be careful what I wish for though, as Ayaspace is frequently just an untested mess. Changes made that cause headaches and misery, and months to fix the break.

As a PC handheld though, the screen size on the Legion Go just makes everything great. Can't see me buying something smaller again.

Everyone jumping on the bandwagon LOL. I still think the Go is the closest to something decently supported and acceptable build quality, though other options like the Steam Deck may be more appealing for people who want a more purely handheld gaming experience.

They are in stock ... Hurry Hurry https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zotac-zone-portable-handheld-gaming-console-lap-ztc-03011.html

I wanted 2 but.. 1 only available...

aYMxlD7.jpeg

L4fjHt7.gif

Last edited:
I still don't like Legion Space. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I prefer Ayaspace's way of controlling TDP more. Be careful what I wish for though, as Ayaspace is frequently just an untested mess. Changes made that cause headaches and misery, and months to fix the break.

As a PC handheld though, the screen size on the Legion Go just makes everything great. Can't see me buying something smaller again.

Yeah not a fan of Legion Space - I just want quick and easy switching of power profiles and that is about it I actually find of the functionality useful other than occasionally dipping in to customise controller stuff. Fortunately I don't have to use it much.

Ideally they'd just expose functionality like controlling LEDs, TDP, etc. via an API so 3rd parties could make tools :s

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of Legion Space - I just want quick and easy switching of power profiles and that is about it I actually find of the functionality useful other than occasionally dipping in to customise controller stuff. Fortunately I don't have to use it much.

Ideally they'd just expose functionality like controlling LEDs, TDP, etc. via an API so 3rd parties could make tools :s

Have you tried Handheld Companion ?

Yeah I want to buy another one but holding off for 32GB RAM now as it is the smarter thing to do :s

I have a feeling the next true version of this device is going to be a 7" not a 8.8"/8" as that will then allow them to have two different models with different sizes for customers to pick from and they have stated the LeGo current has full support to end off 2029, so maybe new controllers for it and other minor tweaks in the hardware later and maybe a 32GB version with a Z2, but in the same design so accessories work on the new device too.

Lenovo has not really said anything apart from the slip up on their website about a 7" LeGo that they stated was an error..but seems a bit fishy to me.. So my bets are on they keep this same design for the 8.8" and add hardware updates to it and create a new 7" version too, which would make sense in this market to give people a choice of size as some people find the current 8.8" too big and puts them off it.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the next true version of this device is going to be a 7" not an 8.8"/8" as that will then allow them to have two different models with different sizes for customers to pick from and they have stated the LeGo current has full support to end off 2029, so maybe new controllers for it and other minor tweaks in the hardware later and maybe a 32GB version with a Z2, but in the same design so accessories work on the new device too.

Lenovo has not really said anything apart from the slip up on their website about a 7" LeGo that they stated was an error..but seems a bit fishy to me.. So my bets are on they keep this same design for the 8.8" and add hardware updates to it and create a new 7" version too, which would make sense in this market to give people a choice of size as some people find the current 8.8" too big and puts them off it.

There is a leak of a 7" shell with non-detachable controllers, I kind of hope they keep the original 8.8" chassis just update the screen and more RAM and other minor tweaks.

Last edited:
There is a leak of a 7" shell with non-detachable controllers, I kind of hope they keep the original 8.8" chassis just update the screen and more RAM and other minor tweaks.
Got a link to it mate ?

Yes I hope they keep the 8.8" too as that's the big selling point of this device to me the screen size for a large handheld device and the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Last edited:
Got a link to it mate ?

Yes I hope they keep the 8.8" too as that's the big selling point of this device to me the screen size for a large handheld device and the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Sorry looks like still around 8"

For some reason I thought I read 7".

Looks like it has an optical mouse nub on the right and no track pad this time if that is true and the back shows areas for trigger stop points like the Zotac Zone has, also looks very generic Chinese type handhelds we get now from other brands. Have to wait and see what the specs will be and what type of screen it has, but so far humm.. not sure about it as we have seen that design before and can they price it right compared to the other Chinese Brand devices, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a rebrand of some up coming device with another name from one of these Chinese companies like AyaNeo or like the Acer device just a rebrand too.

Last edited:
Looks like it has an optical mouse nub on the right and no track pad this time if that is true, also looks very generic Chinese type handhelds we get now from other brands. Have to wait and see what the specs will be and what type of screen it has, but so far humm.. not sure about it as we have seen that design before and can they price it right compared to the other Chinese Brand devices, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a rebrand of some up coming device with another name from one of these Chinese companies like AyaNeo or like the Acer device just a rebrand too.

I thought that - it looks a lot like a rebrand of the devices coming out of China, etc.

I thought that - it looks a lot like a rebrand of the devices coming out of China, etc.
Doesn't seem to be going down well :-

Looking forward to some of Lenovo's official accessories below when they come out, I decided I didn't want the official dock and got the better "UGREEN Steam Deck Dock, 9-in-1 Docking Station", "Skull & Co. Skin, CQC and FPS Thumb Grip Set Joystick Cap Analog Stick Cap" and "Qoosea 1PCS Case Compatible with Lenovo Legion Go 8.8inch, Protective TPU Cover Shell for Lenovo Legion Go Shockproof Anti-Scratch -Black".

Also a 2TB Crucial P310 SSD 2TB M.2 2230 and extender adaptor "M2+ M.2 NGFF/NVME Length Extend Adapter 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 Multipurpose SSD Extension Bracket Card" to make it fit the 2242 size and a heatsink "uxcell 1 Pack M.2 2242 SSD Heatsink Cooler Copper Heat Sink with Silicone Thermal Pads,Triangle Pry Tool,Screwdriver,Screws,Copper Tone"

Also grabbed a 2242 to 2280 adaptor for future larger drives inside if I decide to do that while they still have the ones that work well at PCIe 4.0 speeds as they are not built equally, this is the one I got "Sintech M.2 nVME 2242 to 2280 Extension Card Support PCIe 4.0 SSD,Compatible with Lenovo Legion Go Gaming Handheld for Upgrading SSD Upto 8TB"

Still not had time to change the SSD and even switch it on yet, just charged and ready.

From Lenovo's official accessories https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenov...ing-a-connector-for-controllers.879798.0.html .

I want the :-

• Lenovo Legion Go Charging Connector – expected in October 2024 at $49.99
  • Lenovo Legion Go Joystick and Joystick Caps – expected in November 2024 at $9.99

Also need to grab one of these for display port as the docks I found with them were not good, so will just plug that into the dock or LeGo when needed for monitor use as that way I get better refresh rates and resolution support as I have a 32:9 screen. "UGREEN USB C to DisplayPort Cable 2M [16K@30Hz, 8K@120Hz, 4K@240Hz], DP2.1 & UHBR10, Thunderbolt to DP Cable with HDR, VRR & ALLM, Compatible with MacBook Pro/Air, Mac Mini/Studio, iPad, XPS, Surface "

Last edited:
That's the main thing holding me back on the Antec Core HS. The specs are fantastic, but the screen is smaller than my phone's...

Legion Go 2 when?

Honestly, I don't think the Lego has enough RAM (due to APU) and the GPU isn't fast enough.

My main problem is that I like first person shooters, and a handheld just isn't good for that. Performance is also odd. There is often a lot of hitching with the device even in low power titles like Chorus. Possibly due to the ram, but I really don't know.

I have been playing games on my TV with it, and does ok, but the transition to big screen is not as smooth as the steam deck in docked mode. Definitely room for improvement that I hope we will see over next few years.

I eventually want to get a bigger SSD and dual boot bazzite for games, and windows for any work.

Last edited:
Hope they work on the power use - the CPU performance is surprisingly good and while decent under heavy loads at idle or light to medium utilisation power consumption could be improved a lot. Also hope they focus on bumping up the GPU performance as that lags behind what the CPU can offer.

While I wouldn't say no I don't see the need for 12C/24T, I'd rather have those resources shifted to the GPU.

EDIT: I see they are claiming up to 300% improved battery life.

Worth watching about the Z2 Extreme. Starts at the spot needed. The 300% claims sound made up as the guy in the bottom right has already tested laptops with the new chips in and which will end up being branded as Z2 Extreme. Also he talks about OEM drivers and why they take ages for Z1 as OEMs have to pay AMD each time they want access to a new driver, so why they wait a while before buying a new driver. That was new to me that information as didn't know AMD was charging each time for Z1 drivers..

Last edited:

says 7" on this one :confused:

also

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom