US: Lethal Weapon

Associate
I was skeptical at first but I must admit this had me hooked! The dynamic between them is similar to that of the movies (imho) and it just "feels" like Lethal Weapon!

Stoner81.

Soldato
How are people enjoying this? I've watched 10 episodes, tried to get into it but everything about it sucks, they have made so many pointless changes for no absolutely no reason.

Soldato
llamadal;30485171 said:
How are people enjoying this? I've watched 10 episodes, tried to get into it but everything about it sucks, they have made so many pointless changes for no absolutely no reason.

Quite easily. I sit down with other half, we watch, we enjoy :confused:

llamadal;30485171 said:

They turned a movie franchise into a TV show so changes had to be made.

Personally one of the best buddy/partner cop shows out at the moment.

Soldato
Seconded, I think they've done a fantastic job of converting it (and I'm a big fan of the originals - child of the 80s), they've got the dynamic between the two of them just right. At first I was a bit apprehensive that they cast such a young Murtaugh, but after an episode I was convinced it works.

Soldato
llamadal;30485171 said:

i know it will sound weird as the title is what can attract me to watch something, but i've found that what works for me, especially with so many of the recent re-do's on tv programmes and films, is to ignore the title when i watch it and treat it as a new programme/film.

MoRT489;30485838 said:
At first I was a bit apprehensive that they cast such a young Murtaugh, but after an episode I was convinced it works.

unless my maths is wrong (and fair chance it is :D), but i've had a look around and danny glover was younger than damon wayens when he played him.

glover is 70 ish now, so leathal weapon in 87 he was 40 ish, wayans is currently 56 :eek:

PayDay Lover
Associate
llamadal;30485171 said:

Easy, there is humour, the relationship between Riggs and Murtaugh and his family is good, there is your typical buddy cop stuff and unlike the films you get a much more indepth look at Rigg's inner turmoil.
It works as a stand alone tv show and as a spin off to the films it does not offend me as I feel the essence is captured

Soldato
mp260767;30489042 said:
i know it will sound weird as the title is what can attract me to watch something, but i've found that what works for me, especially with so many of the recent re-do's on tv programmes and films, is to ignore the title when i watch it and treat it as a new programme/film.

unless my maths is wrong (and fair chance it is :D), but i've had a look around and danny glover was younger than damon wayens when he played him.

glover is 70 ish now, so leathal weapon in 87 he was 40 ish, wayans is currently 56 :eek:

it was his 50th at the start of LW.

Soldato
I enjoy watching this and i've not missed any yet but I would not have called it Lethal Weapon, it's lacking a few elements the movies have.
example the comedy, the movies have fun comedy element which the TV show is not adding which I would say is a major part of the movies (riggs has fun some times at rogers expense, Martin make roger act like a chicken in his underwear, bomb at rogers house.)

The characters in the TV show are a bit too stiff compared to the movies.

Soldato
Having watch all of them so far I still think they're holding onto the "Riggs is still suicidal" storyline a bit too much but without it there's not much for his characters arc over a whole season.

Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Soldato
I'm so disappointed with the choice Leo Getts, I'm starting to thing they are going for a serious tone and make something different to the movies.

Back
Top Bottom