US: Lethal Weapon

Caporegime
It is easily one of my top TV shows on currently! In fact, it is probably my favourite out of them all atm, this includes:

marvel agents of shield
arrow
flash
legends of tomorrow
the 100
the walking dead

Associate
I really like it. Have trouble believing that Damon Wayans is 56 and is older in this than Danny Glover was when he finished the fourth film :eek:

Also I really want Riggs/Crawford to get his bloody hair cut! The constant flicking it out of his face drives me mad :mad:

Good to read it has been renewed for a third season.

Soldato
The theme tune is driving me nuts, i feel like ive heard it before or is very similar to something but i cant put my finger on it.

Does anyone know what tune i could be thinking of ??

Soldato
Watched upto ep10 of S2 and it STILL suffers the same problems that S1 did regarding dragging out Riggs depression/suicidal storyline (now it's his dad causing Flashbacks rather than his wife) and despite that reason for Riggs mental issues being something the films dealt with very well. They should have left his dead wife depression arc alone by S2 and started building a new arc as he rebuilds himself but instead we get a copy/paste of S1 only with his dad now.

I like the new "was a childhood friend but now girlfriend" character but it was obvious from the moment she was introduced what would happen between them, despite her moving to LA specifically to be closer to her current boyfriend/baby daddy/Rigg's childhood mate before jumping in with Riggs weeks after her boyfriend left.

Sadly Murtaugh, who should have been allowed to shine more in S2, has now become a very typical "anti-male role model" in his home life where he's a complete idiot who can't do anything "family" right and it's upto to his very clever Wife and Daughter to teach the "stupid man" the error of his ways, which is rapidly turning me off the series. I mean in every episode with the Murtaughs home life shown ends up with him apologising by the end of the episode to the Wife/Daughter but NEVER to the Son, where as S1 was more even handed with his home life.

The worst part for me is that one of the best episodes was the "B-Team" (the young female detective from S1 and a new male detective) working with Leo Getz to solve a murder of Getz's friend while the 2 leads actors did relatively little in the episode, so when your main stars look less interesting than the supporting cast thats not good!

PayDay Lover
Associate
I've been enjoying the second season. While they are 'milking' Rigg's psychological issues, that is kind of core to the character. I actually disagree the film dealt with his issues well - they suffered from what all films do in that they were squeezing lots in a short run time. As a result the whole Rigg's issues got glossed over pretty quick for a man that was borderline suicidal. That said, I am not sure the dad issues was a necessary storyline, perhaps they are afraid that without some inner turmoil the show becomes more like any other cop show? Maybe they wanted to show his issues go far deeper and further back than originally thought. Who knows. Either way, I still find the show entertaining so am happy to stick with it

Soldato
With the Films I was referring to it taking all 4 films for him to get over all his issues -

LW1. Suicidal about lost wife and just barely coping
LW2. Starts finding new love, she's killed and he finds out who killed his wife. He then gets revenge which starts to heal the open wound of wifes death
LW3. Starts finding new love again
LW4. Can't let go of wife when thinking about marriage to new love, until the end

So thats how I see the 4 film arc he goes through, which is mostly covered by season 1 up until Film 4/marriage stuff.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Fair enough, I need to watch them again to remind myself. I remember him being messed up for part of 1, I vaguely remember revenge in 2. Couldn't remember much regarding his issues beyond that

Soldato
This season finished on a cliff hanger, and the whole series was quite good. But it might not be back for a 3rd series.

The actor Clayne Crawford has been sacked for 'bad behavior', and if they dont find a replacement for him then the program is finished.

Associate
This season finished on a cliff hanger, and the whole series was quite good. But it might not be back for a 3rd series.

The actor Clayne Crawford has been sacked for 'bad behavior', and if they dont find a replacement for him then the program is finished.

I love this show and have thought clayne was a perfect fit for riggs. I think they should let it die as a recast isnt going to work

Back
Top Bottom