US: Lethal Weapon

Soldato
Apparently one of the two incidents is that Wayans got upset because Crawford teased him and took the **** when Wayans refused to do certain things in the script, like holding a gun or running down some stairs.

'muricans don't do banter.

Soldato
This season finished on a cliff hanger, and the whole series was quite good. But it might not be back for a 3rd series.

The actor Clayne Crawford has been sacked for 'bad behavior', and if they dont find a replacement for him then the program is finished.
It was a good season.
I don't mind a replacement if they get a good one, it took me time to get use to the TV riggs anyway.

What I don't understand is even if they replace him, how would it work, he got shot, how would the explain the new face ?

Soldato
I've watched the first three episodes of this and I'm not convinced. I think it's all a little 'simple' and convenient (pregnant lady randomly runs to the roof top, sniper is waiting on the roof top(?!?!) and Murtagh can see the sniper from the ground) and rather far fetched (like diving, grabbing aforementioned pregnant lady and flying across the street through a window in the next building, then getting up and off you go).

Now, I can accept that most of the time, and I see comments above that this is kind of how the show is. My question, if I'm not convinced by it now, should I just stop or did you find it either changed or grew on you?

Soldato
Sad to hear if that is the case, i love the series and the on screen chemistry that the duo have, I think they both do a superb job of being like the real Riggs and Murtagh. Recasting a lead would be ridiculous at this point, I can only ever seeing that working after a single pilot episode, not 40 odd episodes in!

Soldato
i've felt the season was stumbling badly. hate the Murtaugh family stuff more w/ each episode, they really have made him an incompetent clown - that episode where he was trying to show off on the bouncy castle etc was wretched. Riggs was slightly better, but as per the films they started making him a lovable goof rather than an unstable deadly threat. wouldn't be sad to see it go to be honest, i'd already decided to give it up if the finale didn't grab me.

Soldato
That would have killed it for me but I like watching the stifmeister, so will def give it a chance. Although he’s not done very well for movies outside of his signature roles so his casting might have a negative effect as critics always seem to pan him.

Funny that Riggs turned out to be a bit crazy offscreen as well as on :D

Soldato
The very foundation of the films and TV series has been the comedy play off between Murtaugh wanting things to be calm, quiet and safe against Riggs' gung ho, runs towards danger suicidal character. It wouldn't be Lethal Weapon without this and I'm struggling to see how they are going to manage it with a new character.

PayDay Lover
Associate
The very foundation of the films and TV series has been the comedy play off between Murtaugh wanting things to be calm, quiet and safe against Riggs' gung ho, runs towards danger suicidal character. It wouldn't be Lethal Weapon without this and I'm struggling to see how they are going to manage it with a new character.

Yeah, it just isn't Lethal Weapon without Riggs, it's simply a cop show at that point

Soldato
I know it's a silly, comedic show but it goes a bit too far in stretching credibility to think that there are 2 brothers (one of who has never been seen or mentioned, despite extensive flashbacks) and who both have the same gung ho, unstable attitude (that is required to keep it a LW). That really is a bit ludicrous.

Soldato
they'll probably wonder why the ratings will plummet and it'll end up getting cancelled anyways. they should just let the franchise die w/ as much dignity as it has left at this point.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Never watched an episode but will try it out when Seann William Scott does his episodes. The Goon films are firm favorites so would watch the test card if he was in it.

And funnily enough that will likely give you the best chance of enjoying it. I think for those who have watched the first 2 seasons it will be a hard sell convincing us we want to watch Lethal Weapon without original Riggs (especially as Clayne really played an excellent char)

Soldato
Don’t do that, you’ll miss more episodes than you’ll see - I can’t imagine they’ll get a whole season out of it where they’ve replaced the lead character...

Back
Top Bottom