Lets talk mopeds :)

Associate
Hello im looking for some advice, firstly i know these are annoying hair dryers etc etc but i need one :)

so

Ive been looking at the peugeot speedfight 2 50cc (second hand off ebay) is this a good moped? are there any better for around 700?, please i dont want a fugly looking one :).

Also what performace upgrades can you put on/tweak to make it go faster (preferably insurance happy) i was looking at adding a Leo Vince TT exhaust would this improve anything? people say it will make it faster to around 45mph??

regards

I dont know much about them other than 10 points for an up and over, and 5 points by driving close and causing a speed wobble :)

The main things that are annoying about mopeds:

1 - idiot boys who think they are better than they are
2 - noisy

Now, anyone who wants it to go faster or be noisier fits in category 1.

A moped can not legally go faster than 31mph so there are no insurance friendly tweaks. As soon as it goes faster than 31mph it needs re classing as a motorcycle to keep the insurance valid.

If you want speed get the 100cc version.

The main things that are annoying about mopeds:

1 - idiot boys who think they are better than they are
2 - noisy

Now, anyone who wants it to go faster or be noisier fits in category 1.

Cheers, as i said i know there annoying etc but im just looking for some advice.

i actually dont want it to be noisyer.

A moped can not legally go faster than 31mph so there are no insurance friendly tweaks. As soon as it goes faster than 31mph it needs re classing as a motorcycle to keep the insurance valid.

ahh ok. i cant get the 100cc, what would that exhaust actually do?

Why do you want it to go faster? You haven't even had one yet and want it faster.

Exactly the mentality of someone who shouldn't have one tbh.

I didnt say i wanted it faster i was inquiring on how to/if it was legal and concidering its not legal i wont be doing that. So ive got a bad mentality because i inquired? well i think i do seeing as i wont as its not legal....

Make it noisier and 0.001mph faster.

okay, thankyou.

any input towards which one to get? :)

When i was 16 i didn't know anyone who had a moped that could go less than 31mph. Not sure your sources on that one, when you're 16 you're only legally allowed a 50cc bike. Replica 50cc bikes can do 70+.

I had one of the slowest mopeds made, a suzuki katana. Did about 37mph on straight road. I fitted a new exhaust and had the bearings changed. Got it upto about 42mph. It was only air cooled though so any tweaks to make it more powerful was only going to make it overheat.

Ignore what the Gayers say & get a Gilera 50cc then buy a 100 or 125cc engine & sling that in, Then mod the 125cc head barrel piston clutch rollers exhaust & you'll be up around 80mph with an Uber fast take off ( That will Obviously Destroy 911s/959s away from the lights :D), Completely illegal & obviously you will Die in the face but you will Die like a Man. :cool: + :D + :p

This is a Real Man announcement brought to you by somebody who does not know better.

Ignore what the Gayers say & get a Gilera 50cc then buy a 100 or 125cc engine & sling that in, Then mod the 125cc head barrel piston clutch rollers exhaust & you'll be up around 80mph with an Uber fast take off ( That will Obviously Destroy 911s/959s away from the lights :D), Completely illegal & obviously you will Die in the face but you will Die like a Man. :cool: + :D + :p

This is a Real Man announcement brought to you by somebody who does not know better.

Im all in favour of all that, but the crucial question is how many extra points will i get when i run him over with all those mods?

I assuming no ginger hair or turban when calculating the points by the way!

My fizzy had a micron and drilled out something or other, i cant remember what we drilled, but we drilled something, it was wicked :)

Im all in favour of all that, but the crucial question is how many extra points will i get when i run him over with all those mods?

I'm going for a wheelie over his face. What do I get? :p

Seriously, just get the moped and leave it alone, as long as the thing works then what does it matter. If you try to make it faster, you're just look stupid to everybody else and you'll just wreck your moped. They're not really meant to go much faster anyway.

If you choose to go the bike route, then get a respectable 125 at 17, or if you go the car route, then good luck. Just don't be a gimp on a moped :)

I assume your 16, can you not just wait a year and spend your money on a 125 motorbike? As you seem like the type of person who isn't going to be happy about 30mph all the time.

Back
Top Bottom