Lets talk mopeds :)

If you are 16 you cant legally ride that vehicle.

If caught, or you have an accident, you will be prosectued for driving a vehicle which is outside of your license entitlement and invalid Insurance.

Ie, you will be banned straight away and faced with the prospect of spunking up for what ever you wreck when you crash into it.

We have this topic every year, and the same people give the same (wrong, illegal) advice.

Invalid insurance, and knowingly driving with invalid insurance is almost always a straight 9 points.

This ^

Riding that bike at 16 will be illegal and will invalidate any insurance you have.

Just because others in this thread claim they weren't caught riding illegally doesn't mean you will be so lucky.

I hate the 50cc brigade, always getting in the way of other traffic, slowing us all down to there speed.

Ban them and ban them now

I couldnt care for their speed, just want them to move over when you clearly should be let past and also for them not to sit on my bumper then get annoyed when I brake test them. simple.

oh, and not fit stupid annoying exhausts.

I hate the 50cc brigade, always getting in the way of other traffic, slowing us all down to there speed.

Ban them and ban them now

*sigh* if its the only way of transport for a 16 year old then thats fair. I dont get why everyone one (well most of) bitch about them. Well theres people saying mines too fast now so we just cant win can we.

*opens can of worms*

*sigh* if its the only way of transport for a 16 year old then thats fair. I dont get why everyone one (well most of) bitch about them. Well theres people saying mines too fast now so we just cant win can we.

*opens can of worms*

When you learn to drive a car, or have kids that try to sleep at night, you will learn how annoying muppet moped riders can be.

When you learn to drive a car, or have kids that try to sleep at night, you will learn how annoying muppet moped riders can be.

Maybe so, but until them im all for the freedom. And as you say they can be annoying no one on my street who have them rev it up at 7am they roll them to the end of the road and then start them so they dont wake anyone up.

Maybe so, but until them im all for the freedom. And as you say they can be annoying no one on my street who have them rev it up at 7am they roll them to the end of the road and then start them so they dont wake anyone up.

It's not the mornings that are the issue, it's the evenings when kids like you and your mates decide to ride around estates etc.
Freedom I'm all for, just move the hell over (when holding up traffic) and learn how to be a considerate road user :)

It's not the mornings that are the issue, it's the evenings when kids like you and your mates decide to ride around estates etc.
Freedom I'm all for, just move the hell over (when holding up traffic) and learn how to be a considerate road user :)

Ahh i see, good thing im not on an estate so i dont need to worry about that. As you say holding up traffic mines abit more nippy than most so i should be able to keep up and not slow anything down, Yea i intend to my dads a very experienced motorbike rider and will be teaching me the ropes before i go off to do my cbt, i know the type of chavvy teen your on about but im not one of those.

This ^

Riding that bike at 16 will be illegal and will invalidate any insurance you have.

Just because others in this thread claim they weren't caught riding illegally doesn't mean you will be so lucky.

Why will it?

As long as he has the following:

1. Provisional licence.
2. Insurance
3. Tax
4. MOT
5. CBT

I don't see the problem?

edit: Sorry just read the listing. its been de-restricted.

Just an update to this thread, if anyones interested. here's what i got:

Of course we are ***** interested that's what we are here for. :rolleyes: + :p

As a first bike I'd say it's Superb, In the ad it says it'll cruise at 60mph so anywhere up above 50 will stop you ****** off the tin boxes.
Am chuffed for you I'd have cried with joy if I had that at 16. :cool:

thanks :), yea i am chuffed i cant wait til i can ride it only 40 days, not like im counting or anything :P ;) but the cbt and insurance cost is making my wallet cry.

Back
Top Bottom