Lets talk mopeds :)

Peugeot speedfight vs yamaha aerox.. anyone??

To me, they've always been the highest/most expensive moped to me. I imagine from being from Yamaha/Peugeot they would be well built compared to other manufacturers, such as Chinese ones.

If you can afford a good running one, get a 4 stroke one. The older 2 stroke models are usually ragged to hell by chavs and aren't reliable as a result.

Only if Nigerian otherwise its 25 points a pop :D

Ah, my driving instructor was more generous than you then! :p

If you can afford a good running one, get a 4 stroke one. The older 2 stroke models are usually ragged to hell by chavs and aren't reliable as a result.
But two stroke smells awesome! :cool:

I may have been known to fire up the chainsaw before purely for the smell :D.

You can't beat the smell of a quality synthetic. :cool:

Do you remember mixing it with the petrol in the fizzy days :)

No kids no one working for ya, no wife no responsibility just Bermondsey high st and how fast you could race up it, them were the days !

Gilera DNA is a much better looking machine, more like a proper bike but still has the twist and go scooter engine and transmission.

Hello im looking for some advice, firstly i know these are annoying hair dryers etc etc but i need one :)

so

Ive been looking at the peugeot speedfight 2 50cc (second hand off ebay) is this a good moped? are there any better for around 700?, please i dont want a fugly looking one :).

Also what performace upgrades can you put on/tweak to make it go faster (preferably insurance happy) i was looking at adding a Leo Vince TT exhaust would this improve anything? people say it will make it faster to around 45mph??

regards
I had a speedfight 1 as a scooter around 10 years ago for a year and a bit. They seemed to work well and having the built in lock was great as scooters get nicked so often it's ridiculous...

ooh okay, im just debating now.. aerox or speedighter 2

Yamaha's are pretty well screwed together, I'd say anything from the big 4 Jap manufacturers or a decent Euro manufacturer should be good. :)

I'd still choose the Speedfight, if only for the lock built into the frame, it's so handy and I'm surprised that it isn't seen on other bikes...

Yamaha's are pretty well screwed together, I'd say anything from the big 4 Jap manufacturers or a decent Euro manufacturer should be good. :)

I'd still choose the Speedfight, if only for the lock built into the frame, it's so handy and I'm surprised that it isn't seen on other bikes...

The lock built into the frame? What's this?

The lock built into the frame? What's this?

The Peugeot Speedfight has a snake lock built into the frame that comes out the back.

This allows you to easily lock your scooter to a lamppost or rail when you park it, so you don't have to worry about it getting nicked. Very handy, as scooters get stolen quite a bit. :)

I Had a Peugeot Speedfight 2 50cc, Yes they are noisy but they serve a purpose.

at 16 its all you have to get yourself on the road which is great! but there is other advantages such as it can be ridden on a Full Car licence without L Plates.(if you've passed your CBT). You also don't have to keep re-taking your CBT every two years like you do for a 100/125cc Bike (if you hold a Full Car Licence). They also have better economy than most 100-125cc scooters.

After having the bike for a year i'd have to say that the bike was very reliable and i'd definitely recommend one if your looking for a 50cc moped.

The Peugeot Speedfight has a snake lock built into the frame that comes out the back.

This allows you to easily lock your scooter to a lamppost or rail when you park it, so you don't have to worry about it getting nicked. Very handy, as scooters get stolen quite a bit. :)

Not all models have this. Normally the older ones / 100cc Varients.

Not all models have this. Normally the older ones / 100cc Varients.
I forgot to say I had my Speedfight around 10 years ago! :o I sold it once I got a car...

It's a shame if the newer ones no longer have this feature as the amount of scooters that get stolen is borderline ridiculous!

So my top tip would be to invest in a decent lock if you get a scooter, even if it's a cheap 2nd hand one...

Also on another note you're not allowed on the motorway with a 50cc bike so that just leaves 30,40 and 60 mph roads left.

No it doesn't. Stay off the NSL roads, and tbh - stay off the 40/50mph roads too. Nothing more annoying that being sat behind a two stroke hairdryer at full chat :rolleyes:

If you are 16 you cant legally ride that vehicle.

If caught, or you have an accident, you will be prosectued for driving a vehicle which is outside of your license entitlement and invalid Insurance.

Ie, you will be banned straight away and faced with the prospect of spunking up for what ever you wreck when you crash into it.

We have this topic every year, and the same people give the same (wrong, illegal) advice.

Invalid insurance, and knowingly driving with invalid insurance is almost always a straight 9 points.

Back
Top Bottom