"Leytonstone Tube station stabbing a 'terrorist incident'" - BBC

The Americans on Reddit are wondering why the bodycount is so low, and if its to do with our "gun control", hahahaha. Those poor souls.

Indeed, America is turning into a right joke with it's gun control policies.

Who needs nukes, just give them all guns. They'll soon finish the job for us.

I don't believe that personally. If we let the sod rot in jail he'll be an impotent old man when he finally meets his virgins.

A quick death is an easy get out and would probably be more attractive to those of a similar disposition. Seeing their peers locked away for life would probably be a better deterant.

Although there's the risk of such a person radicalising others whilst locked away. And the sad side that uk life sentence isn't normally a life sentence.

There's also the fact Islamic gangs seem to be a rapidly growing problem in our prisons

This was after he discovered that tickets only go as far a Zone 6.

Hope he enjoys being banged up for a long time.

I was pondering the same thing, depends on his motives, but sounds like a wack job, but his utterence might enable him to be prosecuted under antiterror legislation, and he might end up with a long jail term.

Come off it, slitting someones throat, he should have been gunned down end of.

If you only want the judicial process to apply in selected cases (or not apply) then you don't really want a judicial process to apply at all because it should be equally applied for everyone whatever their crimes.

Isn't that just a normal day on the Underground?

Maybe it depends where you are and what sort of barriers they have but the barriers at the stations I go to most regularly are designed almost like a set of saloon double doors so you can't just jump them easily. I could see how people would do so with the older fashioned turnstiles though but maybe I just don't go far enough out to see them any more.

I don't believe that personally. If we let the sod rot in jail he'll be an impotent old man when he finally meets his virgins.

Only if left in solitary. Jail is one of the most common places to become radicalised in western countries, you don't want any of these nutjobs anywhere near other prisoners.

Maybe it depends where you are and what sort of barriers they have but the barriers at the stations I go to most regularly are designed almost like a set of saloon double doors so you can't just jump them easily. I could see how people would do so with the older fashioned turnstiles though but maybe I just don't go far enough out to see them any more.

I haven't seen any barriers that wouldn't be easy enough to jump, where you are travelling? I'm regularly at Paddington, Farringdon, Chancery Lane, White City.

As seen here at Great Portland Street, most are just above belly button height, very easy to vault using the posts:

650500593_3c771bbc76_z.jpg

I haven't seen any barriers that wouldn't be easy enough to jump, where you are travelling? I'm regularly at Paddington, Farringdon, Chancery Lane, White City.

As seen here at Great Portland Street, most are just above belly button height, very easy to vault using the posts:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1386/650500593_3c771bbc76_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Usually through Victoria or London Bridge, perhaps I should have said they're not easy to jump subtly and you'd have to think the person at the barriers would notice pretty quickly. I'm sure it's possible to vault but to say it's easy might be a bit of an overestimate of the average abilities of London commuters.

There's also the fact Islamic gangs seem to be a rapidly growing problem in our prisons

Foods probably better. :p

With the relative difficulty in acquiring AK47s here, a knife attack is much easier to carry out, and even though the body count is much lower, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of them. It's a very popular method of attack in Israel currently, and must be just as terrifying to be caught up in either type of event.

The Americans on Reddit are wondering why the bodycount is so low, and if its to do with our "gun control", hahahaha. Those poor souls.

IMO we were lucky that's all - seems like this guy didn't really know what he was doing - you only have to look at the Akihabara massacre to see the potential body count resulting from a knifeman in a crowded area. Based on the video I saw it could have been so much worse. Hope the guy who has serious injuries makes a full recovery.

Yeah well done to the police, except their tasers didn't actually work :rolleyes:

Do you not think that a loon with a semi automatic is able to do a little more harm than a kitchen knife?

Guns don't require the same proximity and energy expenditure that a knife does. This isn't to say more damage with a knife couldn't have been done, but the fact remains if a gun was involved it could have been much worse.

Do you think the unarmed police would have been able to use a taser if a gun was being pointed at them as opposed to utilising space against someone with a knife?

Do you not think that a loon with a semi automatic is able to do a little more harm than a kitchen knife?

Guns don't require the same proximity and energy expenditure that a knife does. This isn't to say more damage with a knife couldn't have been done, but the fact remains if a gun was involved it could have been much worse.

Do you think the unarmed police would have been able to use a taser if a gun was being pointed at them as opposed to utilising space against someone with a knife?

I feel you have misunderstood my post... I'm pointing out why our gun control is a good thing. I've fired a fair few guns in my time and have passed my weapons handling test, I know the power of a firearm and I'm glad I can walk the streets and not have to worry about some wimp packing one and instead only have to deal with those ready to stand and bang.

IMO we were lucky that's all - seems like this guy didn't really know what he was doing - you only have to look at the Akihabara massacre to see the potential body count resulting from a knifeman in a crowded area. Based on the video I saw it could have been so much worse. Hope the guy who has serious injuries makes a full recovery.

Yeah well done to the police, except their tasers didn't actually work :rolleyes:

Lucky yes, but even a clueless muppet with a gun is going to be more effective than that with a knife most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom