"Leytonstone Tube station stabbing a 'terrorist incident'" - BBC

This was after he discovered that tickets only go as far a Zone 6.

Hope he enjoys being banged up for a long time.

its the UK though, a 'long time' here could be 15 years or so...

unless he's mental too in which case perhaps he can be kept locked up for life

Sounds more like a random nutter than a real 'terrorist incident'.

Exactly. Our Govts for the last 20 or so years have been continually telling us we are all in danger (45 mins or less ) and bringing in draconian security measures. What next, a Muslim's dog peeing against a of a lamppost declared a 'terrorist incident'?

Does this mean we can no longer shout "This is Sparta" and kick someone down a hole/set of stairs without being seen as a terrorist? :p

Police handled the nutter well from what I've seen.

5 years tops once the "He was a good boy/Dindu Nuffin" crowd and that daft tart from Liberty get involved.

If his a Muslim(I have no evidence of this) he can claim he was drunk and the judge will say "'he wasn't used to drinking because he's a Muslim'

And set him free :)

Glad I don't live in London.....good luck to you all :)

“If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way, however it may be,” he said.

“Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him.”

We have good border controls, second to none intelligence services which is why 7 major terrorist attacks have been prevented this year alone - but this is one of the scariest quotes i have ever read.

The attack may have been a terrorist attack going by their mantra.

But this is what the justice system is for, an officer doesn't need to kill a man who's only threat is a close range nice, obviously some situations call for armed police but in a situation like a gun would be excessive and unnecessary, they officers clearly done their job correctly and apprehended the man by tazing him, now he is in the hands of the law to be dealt with, he won't be walking away from this anytime soon.

Once upon a time tasers were only issued to AFOs and only to be used with the backup of a conventional firearm. Now they're issued to regular officers who are sent to jobs such as these, and told to crack on.

Notice the first deployment missed/failed to contact? Shooting the guy outright based on these videos may have been excessive, but shooting him after the taser failed may not have been. Ideally there would have been a firearm present. Just saying.

The attack may have been a terrorist attack going by their mantra.

May have been?
Of course it was a terrorist attack.
It was clearly to instil fear for a political reason.

Doesn't matter if he was a lone person or part of a bigger group, it is still clearly a terrorist from what we know.

Back
Top Bottom