LG 2021 OLEDs (C1, G1 etc)

Soldato
Got mine yesterday, coming from a Samsung KS7000 I'm not that impressed at the moment. Picture seems washed out? Need some help on the best settings to use. Game mode looks really washed out playing PS5, changing it to Standard makes the colours a lot better. Is there a definitive guide for the best settings out yet?

Game mode has quite a neutral image - you could adjust the color settings if you wish to get back to an oversatured yellow look

Soldato
So excited as the C1 55inch is being delivered today - I was successful on a campaign to buy it with a £700 discount (otherwise this would not be happening right now tbh)

It will be upgrading my trusty plasma (Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80) - which I now need to try sell.

Soldato
So excited as the C1 55inch is being delivered today - I was successful on a campaign to buy it with a £700 discount (otherwise this would not be happening right now tbh)

It will be upgrading my trusty plasma (Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80) - which I now need to try sell.

Massive upgrade. My parents still have their PZ85 Plasma.

Soldato
Oxide ah your on insiders?. I got one from them first time round in may had issues with it turning off randomly while gaming on ps5 / pc about 4 or 5 of us did and it was a bloody nightmare dealing with them and LG. Only just now after 6 weeks did I get anywhere. Brilliant picture though and even the sound was quite impressive so hopefully they ironed out the kinks. (keep your box no matter what !)

Soldato
Yeah and cheers will do ;)

It will be connecting to my existing setup:
Satelite = SkyQ 2Tb (hdmi 2.0)
Amp = Denon AVR-X2600H (some hdmi 2.1)
Console = PS4 (hdmi 1.4b)
Speakers = Quad Lite 5.1

Trying to find info on best settings - HDTV seems the best so far?

Delivery scheduled later today just as my 2 year old gets back from childcare so no chance of unboxing it etc today (going to be a looong wait till tomorrow)

Soldato
One thing I will say is you might need to turn the brightness down a bit it was burning my eyeballs in a dark room at night and I found the auto ambient light feature was a bit hit and miss so turned it off.

Soldato
The C1 arrived yesterday and looks gorgeous however I'm having real issues with the below if anyone could please help?

1 - When watching Netflix or Disney+ from the apps directly on the TV there is no sound. I have eARC and HDMI control enabled on the TV and my receiver but it's like there is no audio being sent from the TV to the receiver even though the TV is set to output sound via HDMI device. TV HDMI 1 is connected to to the receiver Monitor1 output.
Sound works when watching SkyQ and from it's apps. I'd prefer to watch apps natively on the TV.
What am I missing?

2 - I was hoping the TV remote could also control the volume of the receiver - when looking at universal devices it only recognizes the SkyQ box connected to the receiver and not the receiver separately.

I may need to configure my Harmony remote to get around point 2 but need point 1 resolved first.

Soldato
Do you get sound if it doesn't go through the receiver? Wasn't there a load of issues with HDMI 2.1 not working and needing a firmware update? I think Denon etc released updated ones.

Soldato
The C1 arrived yesterday and looks gorgeous however I'm having real issues with the below if anyone could please help?

1 - When watching Netflix or Disney+ from the apps directly on the TV there is no sound. I have eARC and HDMI control enabled on the TV and my receiver but it's like there is no audio being sent from the TV to the receiver even though the TV is set to output sound via HDMI device. TV HDMI 1 is connected to to the receiver Monitor1 output.
Sound works when watching SkyQ and from it's apps. I'd prefer to watch apps natively on the TV.
What am I missing?

2 - I was hoping the TV remote could also control the volume of the receiver - when looking at universal devices it only recognizes the SkyQ box connected to the receiver and not the receiver separately.

I may need to configure my Harmony remote to get around point 2 but need point 1 resolved first.

Is hdmi 1 the eArc one? Hdmi 2 is eArc on my cx

Soldato
I've resolved the problem of controlling both SkyQ and the receiver using the LG remote by within universal control setting HDMI 2 to set top box then TV sound output to Denon (This is because I was a div and didn't connect to eARC HDMI2 initially as the TV was already mounted on the wall so couldn't clearly see that HDMI2 was the eARC port - could have saved myself a lot of frustration)

Least that's sorted but still have the issue of if watching Sky then putting on the native TV app (ie Netflix), no sound from Netflix but can still hear the sound of Sky in the background (Have Audio Switching enabled in the receiver HDMI controls)

Another quirk I've noticed is when launching any app within SkyQ (Netflix, Disney+, Youtube) they take over 2 minutes to load whereas on previous setup they would launch instantly) - all equipment wired into gigabit ethernet to switch

Last edited:
Soldato
Update:

I fixed the issue of no sound from TV native apps - I had 'TV' hidden as a source on my receiver so unhid 'TV' and sound works from Netflix etc (derrr obviously! because now the TV is a source and was different to my setup before)

Soldato
.. and I found the auto ambient light feature was a bit hit and miss so turned it off.

I thought DolbyIQ usefully increased hdr brightness so blacks were more distinctive in a bright room;
I use gamma adjustment on sd to improve light/dark room viewing but, you can set that to a particular value, that suits you/your room

Soldato
Anyone tried the B1 set?

My bedroom TV is about to give up and instead of directly replacing it I'm thinking about moving my current Qled TV in the living room to the bedroom and upgrading to an Oled.

The B1 65" can be had for £1800 currently and looks like a good fit (I have both XSX and PS5 so hdmi 2.1 is a must on what ever I buy)

Soldato
Hey guys

Just picked up the C1 my issue is and it's my own fault as I've obviously hit a setting on the setup.
When I use the TV remote it turns on my ps5 how do I stop this please?

Also it seems very good out the box with ps5 on game mode, any suggestions?

Soldato
Hey guys

Just picked up the C1 my issue is and it's my own fault as I've obviously hit a setting on the setup.
When I use the TV remote it turns on my ps5 how do I stop this please?

Also it seems very good out the box with ps5 on game mode, any suggestions?

Turn off CEC in the ps5 hdmi settings

lg OLED remotes can control the ps5 but it's more annoying than anything

Back
Top Bottom