** LG 27GL850 GAMING MONITOR SAVE £120 - NOW £379.99 **

Associate
I ordered on the 22nd November, Ive had 0 updates and no customer service. A simple update telling me its gonna be delayed would be all I need and a potential date of delivery. Judging by online reviews im not the only person complaining. Sort it out. Christmas happens every year, how can you possibly be understaffed or not account for increased demand.

Associate
I have just received my 3 Monitor via rma from Asus for vg27aq. Minimal light bleed but multiple dead/stuck pixels. 27lg850 and vg27aq are very similar but the panel quality from Asus based on the reviews and my experience is rather low.

Soldato
A quick mini review after using this for a big part of a week.

So I was choosing between this display and the dell 2721DGFA, the difference between the two screens been dell has a better stand, no srgb, hdr400 classification, 120hz hdmi VRR support and local screen dimming.

The LG has sRGB, supports HDR still but no specification and no local dimming.

I believe I made the right choice and here are my reasons.

I got round the poor stand on the LG by just purchasing a vesa mounted custom stand.
The screen dimming on the dell, is forced on when using HDR, and has very big zones, I expect that would annoy me having discovered that both the DFC and eco mode's on the LG annoy me, thankfully I was able to turn both off.
The sRGB has proved a god send, for SDR tv content, sRGB emulation is a must in my opinion.
HDR without the high illuminance levels for me is actually fine, I have always been fine with low brightness screens, and I tried auto HDR on the Xbox, and its basically like having a really well tuned reshade profile, and that is brilliant. If I did this on the dell, I would be forced to put with the local dimming implementation it has (its not optional).
I think the position of the joystick bottom centre is perfect, less arm strain to reach it.

Also a poor mans HDR can be had on all SDR content, to achieve this, you could configure a console to use full RGB space 0-255, but keep the monitor itself on 16-235, what this will end up doing is pushing all mapping further out, its effectively a free contrast ratio boost, at the cost of colour accuracy.(this can be done on all monitors that support 0-255 which is most). Reddit has a fair few posts of people doing this because they realised the proper setting feels washed compared to it, but I wouldnt do this on HDR content, as HDR will utilise the extreme ranges without this trick. I personally dont get the comments from people who think HDR is meaningless without a high contrast screen, there is a clear benefit. There is a few who agree with me on reddit as well. So I am not alone in this, however I expect it depends on perspective, I have never had the luxury of experiencing HDR on a OLED screen so I can only compare to SDR and software HDR (reshade).

I hope this helps people decide.

Back
Top Bottom