** LG 27GL850 GAMING MONITOR SAVE £120 - NOW £379.99 **

Associate
I ordered mine also, been checking for months, and checked last night to see stock... PRICE was a no brainier so I had to go for it.

this will be my first IPS type ish panel, been using mostly TN panel for yearsssss.

also I KNOW some monitors are shipped with dead pixels.. like the other type of panel types.. and mostly that's acceptable... if only a couple..

how is that in IPS panels, if you have one dead pixel you should return it, or what? just seen people say they got a dead pixel and returned it, but the other type panels, getting the odd dead pixel isn't the end of the world.

with a tn panel never had to deal with IPS GLOW/BLEED, I know that's just the nature of the panel, it's just the lucky of the draw if you get one acceptable or not.

Associate
Was trying to order this morning but went from 10+ to out of stock. Any more coming in?

Thanks...!

sorry dude, you was a little to late, I wasn't even checking every day, tbh it was awhile since I last checked, I just had a funny feeling to check it!

I ordered at 10pm last night and was still showing 10+ instock, been waiting months for it to come back in myself.

Associate
Just be careful getting rid of the box so soon. Mine developed a stuck pixel on the 2nd day so I’ve now sent it back.

sometimes stuck pixels can fix or resolve you didn't have to send it back right away, SOMETIMES you can can do stuff to fix it, but hey maybe you did try to...

my worry is you sent it back, but with all the units back out of stock, you wont get a replacement... I would have left it a week.. or even longer, as you get like 30 days... or something to send it back.. and if it did still have the problem you could RMA anyway.

OcUK Staff
OP
sorry dude, you was a little to late, I wasn't even checking every day, tbh it was awhile since I last checked, I just had a funny feeling to check it!

I ordered at 10pm last night and was still showing 10+ instock, been waiting months for it to come back in myself.

They are just flying out.

We are still due more so just get a pre-order on now.

Edit: addressed more to anybody who missed out on this stock.

Associate
They are just flying out.

We are still due more so just get a pre-order on now.

Edit: addressed more to anybody who missed out on this stock.

Yeah, I was surprised when I seen it instock, mine is getting shipped today, since I saved so much money, I paid for saturday delivery lol

sorry maybe you misunderstood me, I did manage to order late last night, and got a shipped email today, so think mine is coming lol

well the email said it was, hope it's not getting my hopes up haha.

Soldato
sometimes stuck pixels can fix or resolve you didn't have to send it back right away, SOMETIMES you can can do stuff to fix it, but hey maybe you did try to...

my worry is you sent it back, but with all the units back out of stock, you wont get a replacement... I would have left it a week.. or even longer, as you get like 30 days... or something to send it back.. and if it did still have the problem you could RMA anyway.
I left it a few days before sending it back (I got it elsewhere), and also tried everything to get the stuck pixel working again. Unfortunately there was no sorting it. If they don’t have any units for a replacement then that’s fine by me - I didn’t want one that was going to annoy me every time I used it.

Associate
I left it a few days before sending it back (I got it elsewhere), and also tried everything to get the stuck pixel working again. Unfortunately there was no sorting it. If they don’t have any units for a replacement then that’s fine by me - I didn’t want one that was going to annoy me every time I used it.
Your new one fine

Associate
This looks too good to miss out on, sadly I'm still currently rocking my ancient 4690K GTX970 setup with a view to jumping on the new cpus + gpus come the end of the year.

Either I keep it boxed up for a few months time when new hardwares out and carry on with my monitor now, or try running this now, though figure a 970 will struggle atm.

Associate
This looks too good to miss out on, sadly I'm still currently rocking my ancient 4690K GTX970 setup with a view to jumping on the new cpus + gpus come the end of the year.

Either I keep it boxed up for a few months time when new hardwares out and carry on with my monitor now, or try running this now, though figure a 970 will struggle atm.

I have 970 (windforce).. (I ordered the monitor last night) should have it tomorrow.. 970 will handle it fine, just not at 144hz, though I am thinking of just upgrading to 2070 super, for the heck of it.

god man my old system I was rocking that i7 4690K , I did upgrade it 5 years ago to a 4790k... it's only like %5 processor power increase... wasn't worth it in my opinion, if I had a time machine I would have never bought it.. just for the price you pay for so little power increase.

Associate
so the monitor is fine for gaming, ive also been using it for work. Im having this problem with what i can only describe as striping in dialogue boxes with the text letters not all being pure black. the laptop is connected using the same displayport cable as the PC. if i move the dialogue box to my 22inch monitor the image fine. i cant screenshot this as it wont show. ive taken a photo with my phone

full size
https://imgur.com/FAvRzrs

Go into the display settings on your laptop and check the "Output colour format" (or equivalent - that's what Nvidia call it). It should be RGB or maybe even YCbCr444. If I set it to YCbCr422 then I see exactly the same thing. It's not present on the RGB or YCbCr444 settings.

The output to the 22" is likely set correctly at RGB which is why you don't notice it there.

Soldato
Go into the display settings on your laptop and check the "Output colour format" (or equivalent - that's what Nvidia call it). It should be RGB or maybe even YCbCr444. If I set it to YCbCr422 then I see exactly the same thing. It's not present on the RGB or YCbCr444 settings.

The output to the 22" is likely set correctly at RGB which is why you don't notice it there.

Thanks will try this

Associate
so for those that have the monitor, how you finding it in dark rooms? kinda wasn't aware of IPS better in bright areas, and I always have my lights off when it's night time.. kinda has me worried abit haha.

Associate
I was thinking of going for three of these for a triple monitor setup but i am not to sure as i have read so many problems with build quality of the screen, I was also looking at the dell 27u19d which i know is only 60hz. there both at the same price point just about as the lg is £50 more.

How are overclockers for sending monitors back becasue of dead pixels and bad light overspill on the screen ? do you have to wait on tests or do you get a instant replacment if its in stock ? and how many times can you do this.

one question that know ones has asked what is the surface like of the screen ? as many screens with anti reflction coating can casue the screen look a lititle grainy as some are better than other.

thanks

Associate
I was thinking of going for three of these for a triple monitor setup but i am not to sure as i have read so many problems with build quality of the screen, I was also looking at the dell 27u19d which i know is only 60hz. there both at the same price point just about as the lg is £50 more.

How are overclockers for sending monitors back becasue of dead pixels and bad light overspill on the screen ? do you have to wait on tests or do you get a instant replacment if its in stock ? and how many times can you do this.

one question that know ones has asked what is the surface like of the screen ? as many screens with anti reflction coating can casue the screen look a lititle grainy as some are better than other.

thanks

got mine yesterday, and was worried with the stuff but so far I am happy with it, I think it's built quite good, but that's just my opinion... honestly, I am not noticing barely any IPS glow on this monitor, even when dark and with a dark screen it's not easy to see any ips glow etc.

again just got lucky I guess.

Soldato

YCbCr422 , Striping in dialogue boxes
YVbCr444 . Crashes both displays, Laptop needs rebooting
RGB. Worked once colours correct, but then reverts back to YCbCr422, other time crashed display.
I also have the bottom few cm of my AutoCAD display missing colours so its more than the colour modes
Im 99% this is an issue with the HP Zbook and not the monitor as it does exactly the same thing with a Lenovo 27" 1440p display using DP andi have the same issue with autocad on an HP z27n monitor using DP. it worked fine using a DP to HDMI cable (which i left in london) I have ordered one on Amazon. Its a corporate laptop so some stuff you cant fiddle with anyway

Back
Top Bottom