Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
sounds like a different issue to me, the blank screen thing isn't flickering, more of a "temporary drop in picture", I don't run the LG software at any other time than for checking for updates either :S

Same here its like you how you change refresh rates you get the few second black screens. I am 4 weeks in now not a single black screen since switching off DSC

Associate
Had 2 blank screens this afternoon already... trying out the Club3D cable. If no improvement over the weekend, it's back onto LG on Monday I guess!

Club3D cable no improvement.... This thing just isn't fit for purpose. Simple as that, Do Not Buy.

Associate
sorry, I wasn't clear... I was referring to the monitor, not the cable being unfit for purpose.
it was cable model number CAC-2068,
Club3D DP to DP 1.4 HBR3 Cable 2M
does seem to be 28AWG.

Associate
I guess it's time to give up. LG really doesn't seem to care. They lie about tickets being sent to engineering when it hasn't. No reviewers see the issue. No cables solve the issue. 120hz doesn't seem perceptibly worse to 144hz to me.

Associate
It would help if more people would submit a review on the product page stating they have the black screen so it reaches a point where they have to address the problem. In terms of Fixes, we have none ... we have to raise awareness for this to have a real fix.

Associate
I've raised a poor review on the LG site.

I've been back in contact with LG after my repair failed to correct the issue, my case was escalated to a team leader/manager and they've issued me with an 'uplift', which is basically a letter from LG to the retailer covering the return/exchange of the product.

It seems that as long as it's within 6months of purchase, then it can be fully refunded or exchanged at OCUK. But I was told to call back again later today to follow up with this with a manager at OCUK, will be calling later today to arrange something.

Associate
I've raised a poor review on the LG site.

I've been back in contact with LG after my repair failed to correct the issue, my case was escalated to a team leader/manager and they've issued me with an 'uplift', which is basically a letter from LG to the retailer covering the return/exchange of the product.

It seems that as long as it's within 6months of purchase, then it can be fully refunded or exchanged at OCUK. But I was told to call back again later today to follow up with this with a manager at OCUK, will be calling later today to arrange something.

That's a good resolution for you, I had a lucky escape with 2X 27GP950s in June- both black screened over the 7 days I tested them so I returned within 14 days back to retailer. I ended up downgrading to 1440p and got a 27 GP850 instead and tbh has been smooth sailing and oozes the LG quality the 4K model should have had.

Soldato
It would help if more people would submit a review on the product page stating they have the black screen so it reaches a point where they have to address the problem. In terms of Fixes, we have none ... we have to raise awareness for this to have a real fix.

Sadly my review seem to have been blocked :(

I guess they didn't like me including the email response from LG

I have managed to comment of some of the reviews.

Associate
Hopefully my ordeal with this screen will be over shortly.
OCUK have been great with the handling of the return of the unit to be honest. I sent them the uplift letter from LG and have arranged for the display to be collected for return next week and should get a full refund.
I've since placed an order for a different screen which I hope I won't have any issues with.

It's a real shame, because this screen would have been ace if it did what it was advertised as being able to do... along with some other basic features.

Soldato
Agreed, about the screen.

To be honest I have just accepted that I own 120hz 4k display now.
I have just been enjoying gaming without the frustration of the black screens.

I will though never by from LG again, simply due to the handling of the after sale experience.

I can accept issues with hardware happen it's how the company deals with it.

Nothing but lies from LG saying not heard about the issue. I then get reps who seem to not even understand the basics of how the screen works giving poor feedback from a so called member of the technical team.

Yeah sure LG

Associate
My GP950 was returned.
I ordered a M32U and a m28U which actually arrived sooner than I expected. Whilst I find that the M28U has a couple of brightness niggles (appear to have to have on local dimming to get max brightness which can cause some 'blooming' on colours in games), these monitors seem to be far more usable.
Will monitor for black screens... but so far so good.

What else is weird, is that I'm actually able to run 4k 144hz on these screens... even on my old 1080ti, compared to being forced to 4k120hz on the GP950. I haven't had to select any DP versions on the screens, they have a proper/usable standby mode when screensavers kick in.

So much happier so far.

Associate
To be honest I have just accepted that I own 120hz 4k display now.
I have just been enjoying gaming without the frustration of the black screens.
Talking about acceptance, I accepted that I own a 160hz 4k screen which blinks for a second with a black screen once per about 6-10 hours of gaming. Luckily, it never happened during a tense PUBG moment. But I still believe that LG will release a firmware update fixing it. I am a true believer))

Associate
My GP950 was returned.
I ordered a M32U and a m28U which actually arrived sooner than I expected. Whilst I find that the M28U has a couple of brightness niggles (appear to have to have on local dimming to get max brightness which can cause some 'blooming' on colours in games), these monitors seem to be far more usable.
Will monitor for black screens... but so far so good.

What else is weird, is that I'm actually able to run 4k 144hz on these screens... even on my old 1080ti, compared to being forced to 4k120hz on the GP950. I haven't had to select any DP versions on the screens, they have a proper/usable standby mode when screensavers kick in.

So much happier so far.

i bought an m32u also after the gp950 went back, not a single issue so far and ive had it a while now. Ive mounted it on a monitor arm so i can push it further back on my desk as 32" really is the limit for me size wise. it runs in 10 bit colour, 4:4:4 with the exact same cable i used on the gp950 which would black screen.

Soldato
Talking about acceptance, I accepted that I own a 160hz 4k screen which blinks for a second with a black screen once per about 6-10 hours of gaming. Luckily, it never happened during a tense PUBG moment. But I still believe that LG will release a firmware update fixing it. I am a true believer))

Dont take my post the wrong way. I am not saying all you guys should just accept the fact this is happening.

I am just enjoying the monitor for what it is 120hz 4k... LG Customer service is a complete waste of time and going forward I will be voting with my wallet and will never recommend this company to anybody.

Back
Top Bottom