Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Hi, any updates on the shipment for LG 27gp950 for 2nd of September ? Thanks
I ordered back on the 5th August with an eta of 20th August. Got emailed to say that was then delayed to 2nd September.

I made a post on the customer support forum asking for an update on this the other day. Got a reply from a staff member saying they are still expecting shipment early this month. They said "best case it will ship late this week, worst case mid-late next week". Sounds like they were never certain of a date, even back in August. My main problem is the fact I paid £50 extra for some reason and Curry's have been getting stock in recently I just couldn't order from them considering OC took the money almost a month ago.

Associate
I ordered back on the 5th August with an eta of 20th August. Got emailed to say that was then delayed to 2nd September.

I made a post on the customer support forum asking for an update on this the other day. Got a reply from a staff member saying they are still expecting shipment early this month. They said "best case it will ship late this week, worst case mid-late next week". Sounds like they were never certain of a date, even back in August. My main problem is the fact I paid £50 extra for some reason and Curry's have been getting stock in recently I just couldn't order from them considering OC took the money almost a month ago.

Thanks. I am in the same situation, ordered on the 7th for 20th August, delayed once for 2nd Of September and nothing yet. Hopefully tomorrow we will get the long awaited email.

Associate
Thanks. I am in the same situation, ordered on the 7th for 20th August, delayed once for 2nd Of September and nothing yet. Hopefully tomorrow we will get the long awaited email.
I'm in a similar situation, ordered on the 5th of August and got an email on the 20th saying they should arrive yesterday, but had nothing since then to confirm.

Associate
I'm in a similar situation, ordered on the 5th of August and got an email on the 20th saying they should arrive yesterday, but had nothing since then to confirm.

Yeah, it's weird why they don't give us an update at least. The problem is that they took the order and the money but in the meantime I had an opportunity to buy it from the other retailer.....Hopefully they will tell us today what is going on.

Associate
Yeah, it's weird why they don't give us an update at least. The problem is that they took the order and the money but in the meantime I had an opportunity to buy it from the other retailer.....Hopefully they will tell us today what is going on.

yeah, £800+ is a bit of a pill to swallow on something you don't have a solid date for, don't know why they even need to take the money until they have dispatched it.

Soldato
yeah, £800+ is a bit of a pill to swallow on something you don't have a solid date for, don't know why they even need to take the money until they have dispatched it.

It's not like you lose the money you can always cancel the order for a full refund.

Don't see the issue tbh OCUk will need to take the money to know what orders are fully placed.

Having paper orders done isn't enough to fulfil the order request.

Associate
It's not like you lose the money you can always cancel the order for a full refund.

Don't see the issue tbh OCUk will need to take the money to know what orders are fully placed.

if it means people are able to put that money to getting it from another supplier then it kinda does matter, since even if they cancelled the order this second it still takes a while to get the refund in which time chances are item you want is gone again.

Also they already have a set allocation coming from LG, so doesn't make any difference at all if they have 1 preorder or a hundred, they still need to physically get their hands on them from their distributor first before going up for general sale.

Associate

It's an issue when their competitor has available stock at a cheaper price but the chances of your refund being processed in time to order from them is extremely slim considering they're not even capable of sending an email to update people on their pre order

Associate

I mean, at least they've closed the preorders now, when the GN was out of stock everywhere they kept taking peoples money for 4 months before finally closing orders and pushing people onto the GP.

Associate
for sure it's frustrating. It's actually unusual practice to take money before fulfillment. Most large etailers don't. Someone did mention yesterday that they had a response from Customer Service that they should arrive at OCuk late this week or early next for delivery by the latest late next week (or words to that effect). it would be very nice to have had an update from Customer Service though! The gusy who was posting in here from OC staff seems conspicuous in his absence too.

Associate

It's an even tougher pill to swallow when half the units don't work properly :p

Associate
Just called to ask for an update, the suppliers now has the stock and current sorting stuff to get the stock to Overclockers who should get it around Monday, meaning people should receive them around the middle of next week

Associate
So, I've swapped out the stand on mine for one from a BenQ PD2700Q (which is now on my wall mount above the main monitor where my 3rd monitor lives) and much more happy with it, way less depth, it actually moves down all the way, and swivels left and right. Why do high end monitors come with such god awful stands these days?

I have switched away from using the HDMI2.1 and am now using DP1.4 with DSC, simply because GSync isn't officially approved over HDMI.

I have not experienced any of the black screen issues others have, although I can't get the 160hz overclock to work whatsoever, so this seems a pointless "feature".

I'm not sure I can cope with the crap colours of my RoG Swift as my 2nd monitor after using this, and am contemplating buying another similar monitor now!!!

Back
Top Bottom