LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Soldato
A guy on a popular other site just offered me a second hand one for 675 knowing this info. Decent deal but think I'd rather get a brand new one for peace of mind
Yeah, personally I'd say its a small enough difference that its worth going new, though obviously I don't know your budget. Also with new you can return it if you find you're not happy with it.

Last edited:
Associate
A guy on a popular other site just offered me a second hand one for 675 knowing this info. Decent deal but think I'd rather get a brand new one for peace of mind
Not only for peace of mind but also because you don't have return warranty. If it turns out the seller was not honest or he/she forgot important details about grey uniformity for example, you may be left with a piece of junk you can't return. And it can take quite a while to return.

And why did the seller not take the full possibility to test it instead of selling? I always take my full possibility to try it out. If not good, within max of 7 days it will be returned.

Associate
FYI it's currently £719 with that discount code on LG's store. For that much it's worth a dabble I reckon, considerably cheaper than the ROG variant.

That said the Corsair variant has better warranty but is still around £920.

Soldato
OP
Dough has started advertising for LG's upcoming 4k 240hz OLED panel.

Dough has not started taking orders yet but says they will in future be taking pre orders for a 32 inch 4K 240hz OLED monitor

The Dough website claims they will take some pre orders at a price of $699 but when the monitor actually launches it will be sold at launch for $1199

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just an update to above: I just wanted to highlight the panel type but I don't recommend anyone order it from Dough as they are well known to have terrible service. Also you'll be waiting quite a long time because this panel isn't scheduled to start production until the 2nd half of next year

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You guys will be happy to know the warranty for this monitor now covers burn in. You can thank the Verge. The burn in warranty is retroactive so applies to all monitors already purchased

The warranty covers burn in from normal use; LG says this includes windows desktop and gaming applications, commercial usage excluded

This burn in warranty also applies to panel resellers, so companies like Asus that use this panel in their monitor get a 2 year burn in warranty from LG. Whether Asus passes the warranty to the customer is a different story as LG w-OLED monitors are the only ones specifically offering burn in warranty

Last edited:
Associate
You guys will be happy to know the warranty for this monitor now covers burn in. You can thank the Verge. The burn in warranty is retroactive so applies to all monitors already purchased

The warranty covers burn in from normal use; LG says this includes windows desktop and gaming applications, commercial usage excluded

This burn in warranty also applies to panel resellers, so companies like Asus that use this panel in their monitor get a 2 year burn in warranty from LG. Whether Asus passes the warranty to the customer is a different story as LG w-OLED monitors are the only ones specifically offering burn in warranty

That article states its for north America no mention of uk or europe ☹️

Last edited:
Associate
I've been considering pulling the trigger on this monitor for a couple of months now... love my 55" CX OLED and think this would be great for gaming. However, the thing that's holding me back is I only have space for one monitor that needs to be dual purpose, for both office work for 8 hours per day + gaming in the evenings. The reviews all seem to indicate this isn't a great monitor for productivity because of text clarity and burn in. Currently have a Gigabyte 27" 1440p IPS monitor. I really want the OLED for gaming but don't want to stitch myself up for work! For those that own this monitor, how much of an issue do you genuinely think it is?

Soldato
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this monitor. Current monitor is nearly 10 years old now so due change.
My only concern is do LG tend to refresh their monitors annually at they do with their TVs? Like c2, c3 etc. Don't wanna get this now and then find an updated version comes out in Jan or something like that.

Also is £779.99 the best prices I'm going to find or are there other deals I'm not aware of at the moment?

Soldato
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this monitor. Current monitor is nearly 10 years old now so due change.
My only concern is do LG tend to refresh their monitors annually at they do with their TVs? Like c2, c3 etc. Don't wanna get this now and then find an updated version comes out in Jan or something like that.

Also is £779.99 the best prices I'm going to find or are there other deals I'm not aware of at the moment?
You won't see same kind of yearly minor upgrades like you do with the TVs, the next upgrade for 27" 1440 is 480hz in 2025 iirc which hopefully actually brings a meaningful brightness upgrade too

Soldato
Finally got one of these in the week after a crazy amount of deliberation.

Initially I was really happy with it, found it plenty bright enough and HDR looks fantastic. I'd been tempted to go for the ASUS but that was still full price and I got this for just under £800, so seemed a fairly easy decision in the end.

However annoyingly today I've just noticed a dead pixel. I'm sure it wasn't there initially so maybe it has only just appeared, but I guess maybe I just didn't spot it. Can't decide whether to send it back or not, its barely noticeable, only on a light background and I don't always spot it without really looking. Am I crazy to consider keeping it, would everyone else be sending it straight back?

The only other thing I wasn't sure about was the fan, its certainly not loud and I can't hear it above anything else, but I did notice it after I shut down and everything else was quiet, and after that I found I can just about hear it if I listen carefully without a game running.
I'm still on the fence about this monitor. How are you finding it now after a couple of months use? Have you noticed any VRR flicker? Thanks my main concern really

You won't see same kind of yearly minor upgrades like you do with the TVs, the next upgrade for 27" 1440 is 480hz in 2025 iirc which hopefully actually brings a meaningful brightness upgrade too
Thanks good to know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom