LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Soldato
Wonder if the ASUS has the awful VRR flicker this one does too though. Been playing a game and it’s so noticeable when I never saw it one on my last LED ugh!
The VRR flicker seems to be more an OLED thing than a problem limited to the 27GR95QE. From what I can see the flicker is worse at low FPS and pretty much effects all OLED screens.

Caporegime
Wonder if the ASUS has the awful VRR flicker this one does too though. Been playing a game and it’s so noticeable when I never saw it one on my last LED ugh!
Yup it sounds like you're susceptible to the bad aspects of OLED tbh, most don't seem to be :(

Keeping trying but if all else fails you can always just get a top-end 1440p 360Hz screen which some are damn good now.

Associate
I game on my C1 no problem. But think maybe I notice this more because of the 240hz and dropping down. I assume I can return this problem. Shame. Maybe I’ll go for a mini led screen. Colours are great on this one and HDR looks good when it works decently.

Associate
Yup it sounds like you're susceptible to the bad aspects of OLED tbh, most don't seem to be :(

Keeping trying but if all else fails you can always just get a top-end 1440p 360Hz screen which some are damn good now.
boxed it up and done a webnote - back on my older LG 27GL850 and already find it better which it really shouldn't be - guessing OLED for a desktop isn't for me - any other recommendations welcome

Soldato
boxed it up and done a webnote - back on my older LG 27GL850 and already find it better which it really shouldn't be - guessing OLED for a desktop isn't for me - any other recommendations welcome

Well your feedback has helped me if nothing else. As much as I fancy decent HDR think I'm gonna hold fire on an oled for now, probably gonna go with a GL850 myself.

Caporegime
Asus is already out but priced sky-high, other tasty 360Hz ones coming through this next quarter :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thinking about going back to 16:9 from the AW3423DW, but my main concern is with brightness as I've heard this is low?

Saying that, I only use the AW at 52% brightness.
I'm assuming the LG should be plenty bright enough then??

Yeah the LG should get bright enough for desktop use. I use my AW on 23% brightness for work and 30% for sdr gaming

Last edited:
Associate
Thinking about going back to 16:9 from the AW3423DW, but my main concern is with brightness as I've heard this is low?

Saying that, I only use the AW at 52% brightness.
I'm assuming the LG should be plenty bright enough then??
what about the AW3423DW that is swaying you back? I'm thinking of purchasing one myself

Soldato
i ended up buying my monitor, just as i reminder coming from a LG CX48 OLED i bought the LG 27" Oled

setup
27" oled as main with Dell D2721DS on top

for a few reasons

1. ASUS OLED on Reddit has multiple people having issues, few of them Have gone through 2-3 panels! - broken screens , totally dead screens & burn in already :o (oled_gaming reddit)
2. QD-OLED is not out for 27" was very tempted by going 34" which i might do in future ( change my screens every 2 years)
3. got bored of constant research

Now to put it clear my desk area is in the middle of what i call a green house
full size doubled windows behind & one to the right of that! & further more A large Balcony door at a 90 degree angle of that.
i too was worried about brightness

I received the panel & done the firmware update (which took 2H 56M) i went from V1.00 to v1.17 (apparently its faster after this)
HDR gaming - Set up exactly how TFT central did 100% brightness - & in some scenes its too bright that wince im' very tempted to push it to 80% or 70%

SDR/Office work -setup as tytft central did I had to set it to 60% brightness as it was far to bright on the whites.
IT looks awesome, my LG CX i used to use at 35% brightness, & the 27" temp screen I was using was 350 nits and i also had that at 50%
I'm writing this in SDR mode with the curtain open behind me & can see everything just fine. all the way down to around 30% where i call it start of getting to dim

im perfectly happy, i might move to 34" in the future but the idea was to get out of the ratt race of gpu chasing 3090 will last a while :)

to add my wife only likes it on 30% or lower so its very subjective
to add my iphone 14 screens all run at about 10% or less brightness (normally around 2%)
my 350 panel above again 50% or less.

text on windows has been super fine no issue, but on Mac i have noticed blury text, going to play around with apple smoothing in future.
one thing that put my mind at ease was getting the nits of my current screen & lowering it to an ideal level & doing maths on ROUGHLY how many nits im looking at its not perfect but its easier to judge

Associate
what about the AW3423DW that is swaying you back? I'm thinking of purchasing one myself

i ended up buying my monitor, just as i reminder coming from a LG CX48 OLED i bought the LG 27" Oled

setup
27" oled as main with Dell D2721DS on top

for a few reasons

1. ASUS OLED on Reddit has multiple people having issues, few of them Have gone through 2-3 panels! - broken screens , totally dead screens & burn in already :o (oled_gaming reddit)
2. QD-OLED is not out for 27" was very tempted by going 34" which i might do in future ( change my screens every 2 years)
3. got bored of constant research

Now to put it clear my desk area is in the middle of what i call a green house
full size doubled windows behind & one to the right of that! & further more A large Balcony door at a 90 degree angle of that.
i too was worried about brightness

I received the panel & done the firmware update (which took 2H 56M) i went from V1.00 to v1.17 (apparently its faster after this)
HDR gaming - Set up exactly how TFT central did 100% brightness - & in some scenes its too bright that wince im' very tempted to push it to 80% or 70%

SDR/Office work -setup as tytft central did I had to set it to 60% brightness as it was far to bright on the whites.
IT looks awesome, my LG CX i used to use at 35% brightness, & the 27" temp screen I was using was 350 nits and i also had that at 50%
I'm writing this in SDR mode with the curtain open behind me & can see everything just fine. all the way down to around 30% where i call it start of getting to dim

im perfectly happy, i might move to 34" in the future but the idea was to get out of the ratt race of gpu chasing 3090 will last a while :)

to add my wife only likes it on 30% or lower so its very subjective
to add my iphone 14 screens all run at about 10% or less brightness (normally around 2%)
my 350 panel above again 50% or less.

text on windows has been super fine no issue, but on Mac i have noticed blury text, going to play around with apple smoothing in future.
one thing that put my mind at ease was getting the nits of my current screen & lowering it to an ideal level & doing maths on ROUGHLY how many nits im looking at its not perfect but its easier to judge
Thanks, put my mind at ease.
I think it will be plenty bright on the basis that my office/game room is normally quite dull and I only have the AW at 52% brightness.

Associate
Does anyone have thoughts on this monitor for use with Xbox Series X and PS5? My understanding is that it would give flexibility to either run 1440p SDR or run 4k HDR down scaled via HDMI 2.1. Thereby giving some flexibility on how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom