LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Alienware @£799 atm
Apologies if it wasn't clear, the 1100 price tag is currently for the LG. Was saying it's hard to justify the wait with the AW and x34p hitting 600-800. Especially when seemingly, it won't be too different. 144hz and HDR would have been killer.

Soldato
Hi All,

So I want some feedback about 34GK950G, mainly in regards to pricing - spec is of course G-Sync 120Hz Nano-IPS (DCI-P3 98%), nice design with sphere lighting

I think the MSRP on this is going to be around £1,100 Inc VAT

What does everyone think to this price (and more importantly why)?

Many thanks
Dan
I've been waiting to see this screen for a while Dan but I gave to say with the Alienware at £799 i'm struggling to justify waiting and the extra £300. :(

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
@Daniel - LG is there any more news on release date, please? A month ago you shared Sept/Oct... Can you even narrow it down tighter than a 9 week window?

With Dell now dropping their price further, my concern is growing over the 950G becoming a tough sell at launch despite the better panel.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Hi All,

So I want some feedback about 34GK950G, mainly in regards to pricing - spec is of course G-Sync 120Hz Nano-IPS (DCI-P3 98%), nice design with sphere lighting

I think the MSRP on this is going to be around £1,100 Inc VAT

What does everyone think to this price (and more importantly why)?

Many thanks
Dan

At Cebit last month the chap on the LG stand was saying that the 34G950G would be 1400 euro (at 1 min 22s in the video below)... we really appreciate your input on pricing, but is this a foregone conclusion? That said, official MSRP and actual sale price can be quite different, with both Dell and Acer now selling at £300 below MSRP.

Associate
I've pulled the trigger on the Dell this morning My reasoning is that it's the best available now and it's at a comparatively good price.

I don't want to wait till September for this LG monitor as I'm building a Ryzen ITX for my gf (a teacher) for the summer holidays with some of my old bits and that includes my existing 27 inch monitor. I could just use the TV in the interim and wait for the LG but that Dell deal, with good QC and support, seems too good to pass up at the moment.

Any buyer's remorse will likely be tied in to how the UW5 panel improves upon the UW4, and at what cost, but buying now... The Dell is the one (in my opinion).

For others, if waiting is no problem, I would wait to see what this brings and if LG respond favourably to the market with competitive pricing.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
I've pulled the trigger on the Dell this morning My reasoning is that it's the best available now and it's at a comparatively good price.

I don't want to wait till September for this LG monitor as I'm building a Ryzen ITX for my gf (a teacher) for the summer holidays with some of my old bits and that includes my existing 27 inch monitor. I could just use the TV in the interim and wait for the LG but that Dell deal, with good QC and support, seems too good to pass up at the moment.

Any buyer's remorse will likely be tied in to how the UW5 panel improves upon the UW4, and at what cost, but buying now... The Dell is the one (in my opinion).

For others, if waiting is no problem, I would wait to see what this brings and if LG respond favourably to the market with competitive pricing.

I totally get it, and I'm genuinely wavering with the Dell dropping to £799...

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
thanks @thewanted

£799.97 is crazy

I am trying to get the pricing looked at on 34gk950g as realistically we cant be more than 949.99 inc vat based on that price

Is there any news on launch date? The Acer and Dell models are getting cheaper each month right now... establishing a price now may not be competitive for a Sept launch.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Wow, the Alienware at that price is soooo tempting!

How would a 1070 be with this?

You won't be able to max out new AAA titles, but it should be good with Gsync smoothing things out. I also have a 1070 and am looking at this spec monitor.

Soldato
You won't be able to max out new AAA titles, but it should be good with Gsync smoothing things out. I also have a 1070 and am looking at this spec monitor.

This a quote from one of the reviews:

"My ancient setup, gtx980, i7 2600k and 8gb of ddr3 10600 still runs in 1440p 60-75 fps with no frame drop. NO OC."

Seems good.

Associate
Bah, trigger has been pulled. That price for the AW is incredible. Gorgeous design and is the best out right now. Maybe I'll still check out the LG if it's a competitive price for a dual widescreen madness, but for now, that price can't be passed up.

Back
Top Bottom