1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. belcebuu

Gangster

i still think that the Acer x34P is better than the Dell

2. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

If they were the same price maybe, but the x34P cannot justify the price difference.

3. Wilkeh

Gangster

You sure it isn't the AW3418HW? Can't find the DW that cheap anywhere...

4. thewanted

Mobster

You're not looking on the manufacturer's site then.

5. Wilkeh

Gangster

Jesus :o Crazy price. So tempting....

6. Stu

Wise Guy

The X34P is generally cheaper than the Dell over the past 2 months.

7. Wilkeh

Gangster

I really really fancy it at that price. I have a Rog Swift at the moment so would like a larger screen. Who has one of these?

8. Daniel - LG

LG Rep

Loving that this LG thread is getting Dell some business :D:D:D

9. Muhammed Öztürk

Associate

Its a shame that we in Germany cant get the Alienware at such a good price. Im calling and chatting with the Dell Support since the morning but the best price i could get was 1050€ inc. vat. thats about 930 pounds, still fairly more expensive then what you guys in the uk get. I would wait for the LG if i could get it for around 1000€ but i have to get my Monitor till the start of September because im moving to turkey and I dont think that these Monitors are available there at those prices.

10. Stu

Wise Guy

Feel for you... you've got to be in it to win it... get the 950G launched (or even pre-release samples to reviewers) and the tide may turn.

If it's any consolation, I'm still holding out :cool:

11. belcebuu

Gangster

Do we know exactly what is going to bring the nano ips technology? has it been reviewed already anywhere?
    I think it will reduce the BLB, improve the blacks and the contrast, does anyone know?

Thanks

12. JediFragger

Capodecina

Don't be expecting a game-changer, it's only going to be a slight improvement over existing good IPS panels.

13. Lyorian

Associate

Guilty! However, is there any more info on when they're getting sent out for reviews? Still very interested despite a Dell on the way.

Edit: It does look like the AW is part of an early black Friday sale going on atm. I'm sure we'll be seeing it at 799 again.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Stu

Wise Guy

Black Friday is in November, so it is very early!

15. Lyorian

Associate

Yeah not sure what their "July Black Friday" is about, but no complaints from me haha!

16. Panos

Capodecina

Better quality overall including less prone to IPS issues, better colours and HDR600 in the case of the Freesync models. (looking forward to pair it with the V64 Nitro+ later in the year)

Buying right now an IPS monitor like the X34P or the Dell is kinda daft, given how many years old tech they are actually.

17. JediFragger

Capodecina

They look like the more exiting part tbh, not artificially restricted by an older Gsync module. This may be one of the first Freesync 2 HDR screens too :)

18. Panos

Capodecina

Yes. :)

19. newtoo7

Associate

Excited for this monitor. Will 144Hz be an "overclock" feature, or will the native 144Hz simply be locked out because of G-Sync restrictions?

I wonder if there would be a way to achieve 144Hz-165Hz in 16:9 2560x1440p. Probably too late to implement such a feature, but that would certainly be a great distinction vs other ultrawide displays.

20. JediFragger

Capodecina

Yes, this is the current thinking. In effect it'll be 'downclocked' because of the older Gsync module not having the necessary bandwidth. Should know more closer to release. Freesync version won't have this problem.