LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
This pricing is not good, and won't sell units in the UK versus the Alienware and X34P. This sort of news is breaking my resolve, as I can get the Dell for £640 with NHS discount and the current sale (which ends tomorrow)
Got my finger on the trigger to buy one of these today whilst the sale is still on! Such a hard decision...

Associate
This pricing is not good, and won't sell units in the UK versus the Alienware and X34P. This sort of news is breaking my resolve, as I can get the Dell for £640 with NHS discount and the current sale (which ends tomorrow).

@Daniel - LG can you give us any news on expected pricing, as you have been looking into this lately.

If this is the case, what are you still waiting for haha? I think people are scared they'll miss out on the the next best thing, when in reality the LG if better, would be so minimal! 640 for the dell, which we all know to be a quality monitor, surely there's no comparison at that price, even if the LG hits around maybe around 800-900?

Associate
@Stu same here, I can get the Alienware for 900€, wont wait for the LG if it is 400€ more expensive. I would pay a 100 more but not 400 for such minor inprovement

900€? In Germany? Do you have a Link? Too bad LG's marketing is pretty bad (Except in this board) if it's really coming in August/September. Nothing on their website, just some youtube videos.

Associate
Probably going to get the Dell as well at this point. LG only offering 1 yr warranty in the US, compared to Dells 3 years is a huge deal. And most people are saying they can hit 120hz consistently with the new revisions of that model.

Associate
I just asked them how the replacement works, and they will provide a new one picking the old one up, that is ******* amazing! I think I will pull the trigger

Associate
I pulled the trigger today and I have to say, the Dell is awesome. The BLB is not too bad, nearly the same as the one that tftcentral reviewed. Mine does overclock to 120hz without problems, will test a few games tonight

Associate
You can find it on the box, got mine the other day and is REV A04. Quality monitor so far, blb is very minimal in bottom left and right with a black screen and close up.

Associate
LG Rep Daniel please feed back to LG that they really need to work on hyping or just promoting products

They need to work on that warranty in the US. I might still wait till it releases and TFT reviews the monitor, but if the Dell gets heavily discounted on a sale, its going to be hard.

Associate
I pulled the trigger today and I have to say, the Dell is awesome. The BLB is not too bad, nearly the same as the one that tftcentral reviewed. Mine does overclock to 120hz without problems, will test a few games tonight
Mine was supposed to arrive today, waited in all day off work and it hasn't turned up. Not impressed! Probably karma for discussing rival product in an LG thread.

Associate
@Daniel - LG

When can we expect a unit to be sent to TFTcentral. I really want to see how well this monitor calibrates through OSD adjustments alone.

The Dell gets as low as 2.4 gamma through OSD adjustments alone, which is a huge negative for me and is what is preventing me from buying it right now.

Soldato
LG Rep Daniel please feed back to LG that they really need to work on hyping or just promoting products

Worked with LG marketing before, crazy Koreans with quite a bit of centralised control basically ;)

Anyone have links to good comparisons between these newer panels and my current Dell S2716DG? Thinking about new screens, potentially 4K also...

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Worked with LG marketing before, crazy Koreans with quite a bit of centralised control basically ;)

Anyone have links to good comparisons between these newer panels and my current Dell S2716DG? Thinking about new screens, potentially 4K also...

Everything we know is in the thread, and summarised in the first post. It is also worth looking at TFT Central if you want info on other panels.

Associate

Depends on your gaming priorities. The TN displays are still noticeably faster compared to even the fastest IPS displays. In my opinion, you're giving up a competitive edge @ 120Hz IPS vs 144Hz TN.

Soldato
Everything we know is in the thread, and summarised in the first post. It is also worth looking at TFT Central if you want info on other panels.

Just did, some in depth reviews right there, thanks!

Depends on your gaming priorities. The TN displays are still noticeably faster compared to even the fastest IPS displays. In my opinion, you're giving up a competitive edge @ 120Hz IPS vs 144Hz TN.

Its not much of a loss but i'd rather it look incredible, still on the 4k fence but will see what NV throws at us later in the year/next. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom