1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Bugbait

Gangster

At the current price point it's hard to justify for many. For me a native 144Hz panel without an overclocked module combined with poor warranty experience with Acer in the past was more than enough to justify the price for me. Then again, I got it at the pre-order price of £989 (actually less since I claim back the VAT). I was tempted by the Alienware but the fixed gamma put me off and the price wasn't far off the 950F at the time (less then £100 difference).

2. Bugbait

Gangster

Seems to vary a lot from monitor to monitor, like pretty much everything else out there which is pretty poor at the "premium" end of the consumer price range.

3. NirK

Mobster

I think they would say that because if the response times as not fast enough for the refresh rate, you will actually get more blur. For example on the 27" monitors, at 144hz they have less blur than at 165hz. You still get more HZ and lower lag, but you actually get more blur because the response times are not fast enough for the refresh rate.

Yes well in your case and with your VAT situation, that is not bad at all.

I am not sure but apparently the LG only has a 1 year warranty? Not sure if that is correct and if it is 1 or 2. I can agree that Acer service is not great, but you at least get 2 years warranty. I also agree that the fixed 2.6 gamma on the alienware is a problem. I do think the X34P when it is at the cheap prce like it was last week... Seems like by far the best option currently. If they reduce the F model significantly then that would be the best option.

4. Boxfreshchris

Gangster

You can also do as I did and pay an extra £50 for 2 more years warranty through Amazon, making the X34P a shade over £700, with 4yrs warranty, is this LG worth an extra £500?

5. Stu

Wise Guy

I don't think so

6. NirK

Mobster

Can you get the 2 year warranty after you purchased? Is it the square trade one?

50 quid sounds like a reasonable amount for 4 years total warranty.

7. BubbySoup

Mobster

Mine is also doing this. Look a few posts back and you'll see my post with the exact same problem. It's nothing to do with the cables as I've tried multiple cables and different PC's and it does it on both the DP and HDMI ports.

It's also getting worse. It started with being able to just turn it off and back on once, now I have to turn it off and on up to 8 or 9 times until I get a picture. Weirdly once it does settle, it's fine for hours & hours.

I've arranged for an RMA.

8. BubbySoup

Mobster

@NikTheSHNIK

How are your preorders looking on the F model? I've had to return mine for a refund. If I preorder am I going to get into this next batch arriving early May?

9. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

You should be fine I believe to be in on the next batch.

@ me tomorrow, to remind me, and I'll take a look and let you know for certain.

10. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

Pre-order soon and you will be in line to receive one from the next allocation :)

11. BubbySoup

Mobster

Cheers for the info @NikTheSHNIK !

12. EmojilessPsyko

Associate

Hello, first post here. Purchased this monitor today, it has quite a lot of BLB.

I notice it when I enter a dark scene in game but then stop noticing it. Do you guys think this level of BLB is acceptable?

Lowest brightness:

[​IMG]

50% brightness:

[​IMG]

Another camera with 50% brightness:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Added photo of 50% brightness

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  13. BubbySoup

Mobster

Top left is looking pretty rough but really it's whatever you find acceptable. Some people on these forums have gone through 5+ returns to get the perfect screen in their eyes (not this model by the way, just other threads on this forum).
    For me personally, I can live with BLB more than I can live with a dead pixel.

14. skuko

Gangster

mine was the same, returned it. unacceptable. also did the weird green/purple colored screen on wake up.

going back to alienware. this is not worth the hassle.

15. NirK

Mobster

Can you post a pic of a white screen?

16. EmojilessPsyko

Associate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. averian

Associate

(ignore, it was a USB cable issue)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  18. averian

Associate

EmojilessPsyko - my 34gk950f looks similar in the corners, maybe a touch less bleed than yours. Only you can decide what is acceptable, but I don't think that amount is uncommon per se. White led bias lighting will help it be less perceptible in use.

19. NirK

Mobster

White and black uniformity do not look like much / any improvement over the previous generation of panels... I guess the 1900r curve does not help with this.

20. larsbaby

Associate

After some weeks of waiting mine finally arrived today, not from OC I'm sorry to say I just couldn't afford their £1149 price tag.
    Pleased to say it arrived fully working, and screen unifomity seems better than most going by some of the images posted on here though of course it's not perfect.
    I'd appreciate some help with settings.I've read some review and followed their calibration suggestions but some more input from those who already have there's setup nicely would be helpful. I realise not all monitors are the same so shall use as a guide. I am tempted to invest in a calibration tool I'd like to know it's setup as best it can be.