1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. NirK

Mobster

Please post up your black screen and white screen photos if you want to thanks!

2. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

More F's should be landing with us tomorrow.

3. BubbySoup

Mobster

Huzzah! Hopefully my RMA will be processed and one can be sent out tomorrow :D

4. Nerusy

Wise Guy

Wonder what percentage of these monitors were returned under RMA and what under DSR. The ones returned under DSR will be resold as new or packaged into B-stock? I have a feeling that the ones that were returned under DSR will be then sold as new, which means somebody somewhere is getting previously returned monitor that has bad light bleed and or dead pixels.

Tough times, I am still very much interested in taking the gamble but the defect rate on these monitors seem to be quite high after going through this thread.

5. MikeLoader

Associate

nVidia Question:

Does nVidia cards work with overdrive, using freesync on this monitor ?
    Was on my way to get the AOC32G1, but just read that nvidia card wont work with freesync using overdive, and it makes the monitor useless IMHO; as it will get smear heaven and who want that :/

6. BubbySoup

Mobster

There is no way they could resell as new if it had been returned under DSR unless the original purchaser hadn't opened it. The sheer amount of sealed packaging within the box would immediately alert you to the fact someone else had opened it.

7. Greebo

Caporegime

From what people have said on here, most returns are just lobbed into the skip round the back of ocuk!!!!

8. Baddass

Don

on the 34GK950F you mean? yes you can definitely still use the overdrive controls regardless of the graphics card vendor, and regardless of whether you activate Freesync/G-sync VRR

9. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

Monitors returned unopened go back into new stock. Those returned opened RMA/DSR for whatever reason, go into B-grade or back to the manufacturer if faulty.

10. Nerusy

Wise Guy

Many thanks for the reply .

This does push me more towards buying this monitor option.

11. MikeLoader

Associate

Sorry wrong quote. I cant quote myself heh ..Runs and hide ..LOL!

12. MikeLoader

Associate

Thanks Baddass, thats as it should be then :)
    Good to know, but after reading up some more, I really want that G-synd model.Seems like freesync is way to far behind g-sync in every way (for what I have seen) so once g-sync allways g-sync I guess :D
    Thanks again!

13. Nerusy

Wise Guy

Ordered one, will arrive on Saturday. Big purchase for me, hopefully it will be a fault-free but with my luck...*sigh*

Does seem like a perfect monitor currently. Will report here how it goes.

14. Nerusy

Wise Guy

Came in.

1 spazzing out pixel that is stuck from one angle and invisible from another.

1 dead pixel. Not a big deal, not that visible during normal use but quite noticeable when it has white background around it.

BLB minimal on default settings, essentially no BLB.

Downloaded new firmware but gaming still feels sluggish even at 144hz. Not sure what is the issue, why it feels that much less responsive than my current TN.

Decided to return it.

OCUK refuses to assist in returning the monitor.

DPD is giving only DPD Local options to return the monitor and "monitor" is on a restricted items list, so as I understand they will not deliver my monitor back to OCUK despite DPD delivering it to me.

Looks like I am going to have fun trying to return this thing. DPD guy on the phone said to give them a call on tuesday when sales team is back in working. Lets see what will happen then.

Edit: Has anyone here actually ever gotten an ultrawide without at least 1 dead pixel? Is it in the territory of miracles or myths?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  15. BubbySoup

Mobster

Got my replacement F yesterday - all set up and working perfectly.

About the same BLB as my previous one, bottom left is most noticeable. No dead pixels. I'm glad I settled for a swap out rather than a refund and purchasing a different monitor (which I almost did!).

16. MiMaty

Associate

This is what my new 34gk950f looks like:

IPS glow (a bit exaggerated, but this is what I see on black backgrounds during normal use)

[​IMG]

BLB

[​IMG]

Photos were taken at brightness level equaling 17. BLB is hardly noticable, however glow takes like half of the left side. I rather don't see it on darker images (but not completly dark), but when screen turns black, it doesn't look nice. The bad thing is that it is visible from normal sitting position, let's say 70-80 cm away from the screen. In games it doesn't look that bad, for example in metro exodus it was noticable but not that horrible. In LOL I see it only on loading screen.

Also, I had some problems with brightness flickering on white backgrounds, but switching off "SMART POWER SAVER" (or something like that) option solved that. Beyond that I have no complains. I haven't found any bad or stuck pixels. LG program was laggy as hell (it was literally freezing my PC), but after reswitching USB port I finally managed to update firmware (which takes like half an hour). Colors are great but I don't see stunning difference between my old dell U2412m.

144 Hz of refresh rate is really good but it was more noticable on XF270HUA (which I returned because of other defects). Maybe because I sometimes don't reach 144 fps or maybe because this monitor is a bit slower than acer, I don't know.

Build quality is solid but it could be better for that price. Height adjustment is not as good as on my old dell but it does its job. Stand takes a lot of place on desk.

To be honest I don't know what to do. It is really nice monitor but for sure overpriced (for that money I can get almost 3 units of XF270HUA which is QHD 144 Hz IPS). That glow is really annoying and it ruins my experience a bit. From second side so many people receive damaged screens and so on that I doubt it is worth to play lottery and try again.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  17. NirK

Mobster

Got any pictures of a white screen?

18. MiMaty

Associate

Can't take it right now, but white uniformity is good on this one.

19. Stu

Wise Guy

No problem with my Dell UW, no dead pixels. It is a big concern how many of these monitors appear to be shipped out with issues.

20. NirK

Mobster

I have literally never seen a dead pixel on any monitor, except an ancient 20" monitor I owned for 5+ years.