LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Soldato
has anyone had any experience with returning monitors to overclockers for a refund? say if the monitor has unacceptable amount of glow, or dead pixels or yellow tint or whatever. Do they pay for shipping too? coz sending the monitor from where i live would cost me a LOT of money

As per ocuk TV/Monitors TV policy, they adhere to ISO 13406-2.

If the monitor is faulty then ocuk will arrange for a pickup at no cost to you.

If you don't like the BLB or you have a couple of stuck pixels then you will have to ship it to OCUK at your own cost.

I had to return a samsung ultrawide monitor back to ocuk due to dust behind the screen, since this counts as defect, I did not pay for sending it back (ouck arranged for a pick up).

Associate
As per ocuk TV/Monitors TV policy, they adhere to ISO 13406-2.

If the monitor is faulty then ocuk will arrange for a pickup at no cost to you.

If you don't like the BLB or you have a couple of stuck pixels then you will have to ship it to OCUK at your own cost.

I had to return a samsung ultrawide monitor back to ocuk due to dust behind the screen, since this counts as defect, I did not pay for sending it back (ouck arranged for a pick up).
what if i play dumb and tell them its faulty, they pick it up, they tell me that the blb according to them isnt bad?

Associate
Katscan, could you post some more images, for example photos of people or nature etc. Things that are normal realistic colours? Also if you can get the images to look as close to they actually look on the monitor that would be good.

Sure I can do that. Remember that the images you see will be affected by the camera settings as well, but I will do my best. It will take some time tho since I’m pretty slammed at work this week.

Anyway, I think Baddass’s comments were quite accurate in that people are getting worked up over potentially nothing: the colors look slightly more vivid and preferable to sRGB, and certainly nothing that I would even begin to consider “over saturated”. Even if I was given an sRGB mode, I can’t imagine using it unless I was doing color critical work.

One thing you could do to help would be link me some google pictures that you would find interesting to see. Another idea I had was to setup one of the side monitors in sRGB mode and mirror a game or images to both monitors for a side by side comparison.

Soldato
From my understanding, if you simply don't want the item then the buyer pays for the return delivery or it's taken from the total refunded.

If the item is faulty then the postage is paid for by the seller.

Soldato
Sure I can do that. Remember that the images you see will be affected by the camera settings as well, but I will do my best. It will take some time tho since I’m pretty slammed at work this week.

Anyway, I think Baddass’s comments were quite accurate in that people are getting worked up over potentially nothing: the colors look slightly more vivid and preferable to sRGB, and certainly nothing that I would even begin to consider “over saturated”. Even if I was given an sRGB mode, I can’t imagine using it unless I was doing color critical work.

One thing you could do to help would be link me some google pictures that you would find interesting to see. Another idea I had was to setup one of the side monitors in sRGB mode and mirror a game or images to both monitors for a side by side comparison.
Ok I have searched some random images on google that would be good for this purpose.

https://st2.depositphotos.com/10013...44-stock-photo-green-field-under-blue-sky.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Winnersh_Meadows_Trees.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oW7...rus_image/image/36374198/otheregyptians.0.png

http://local-pittsburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/5-happy-people-thumbs-up-web.jpg

Obviously the combination of your camera and also viewing it on my screen, is not going to be ideal, but it would be better than nothing. Thanks for the help by the way this should give me and anyone else a decent idea.

Soldato
well if my monitor is covered in yellow tint for example, while others arent.. then to me thats a faulty item (literally happened to me with aw34)

Welcome to the fun world of PC monitors :rolleyes: Although if that was the whole screen, it could have been just the colour temperature, if it was one half of the screen, that is apparently a common issue with those panels.

Associate
Welcome to the fun world of PC monitors :rolleyes: Although if that was the whole screen, it could have been just the colour temperature, if it was one half of the screen, that is apparently a common issue with those panels.
yeah i know monitor market is ****.

but lg 950g is the best we've got :( and overclockers' refund policy is one of the worst ive seen

Soldato
Welcome to the fun world of PC monitors :rolleyes:

Yes, it's terrible, I had to send back the same model monitor back 3 times (never will I ever buy a samsung TV/Monitor ever again), all had dust behind the screen + clusters of dead pixels.

The monitor in this thread is absolutely perfect for me but I just know it will have dead pixels (or other many issues) if I get one so I am forever stuck with a 1080p 16:9 144hz monitor.

Soldato
Well I will hold my judgement on this monitor until I see some photos of the colours, which hopefully katscan will post, I don't know exactly how over saturated they are, and peoples opinions are not that useful because for example, one person absolutely would not tolerate 1% over saturated colours, another would love it looking like a theme park.

My other issue with this monitor is the price, I am not sure what exactly justifies this costing significantly more than the current options with the same specs, I guess better BLB and uniformity would be worth a bit more, but not really 30% more than current options. If it was 144hz and with SRGB mode I would say it would be worth 30% more, although still not exactly a bargain is it. I can remember the days when computer components actually used to improve but stay at the same price, seems that these days are long gone haha.

Associate
Well I will hold my judgement on this monitor until I see some photos of the colours, which hopefully katscan will post, I don't know exactly how over saturated they are, and peoples opinions are not that useful because for example, one person absolutely would not tolerate 1% over saturated colours, another would love it looking like a theme park.

My other issue with this monitor is the price, I am not sure what exactly justifies this costing significantly more than the current options with the same specs, I guess better BLB and uniformity would be worth a bit more, but not really 30% more than current options. If it was 144hz and with SRGB mode I would say it would be worth 30% more, although still not exactly a bargain is it. I can remember the days when computer components actually used to improve but stay at the same price, seems that these days are long gone haha.
especially when buying a monitor is a ******* lottery, with stores like this one having terrible refund policies :d

Associate
Well I will hold my judgement on this monitor until I see some photos of the colours

I wouldn't have thought that'd be that useful to you, as at the end of the day, you'll still be viewing the photos on your monitor (which is presumably sRGB).
Like trying to gauge how HDR displays look in non-HDR YouTube review videos on a non-HDR monitor/TV.

Soldato
I wouldn't have thought that'd be that useful to you, as at the end of the day, you'll still be viewing the photos on your monitor (which is presumably sRGB).
Like trying to gauge how HDR displays look in non-HDR YouTube review videos on a non-HDR monitor/TV.

It would definitely be useful and I would be able to tell from the photos if the colours are very over saturated or not. Obviously not exactly the same as seeing the monitor but definitely not useless. I could also check them on my TV which has DCIP3.

Man of Honour
I doubt any photos like this are going to give any realistic or sensible representation of the two screens personally. There are too many variables here with screen set up, camera capture, colour spaces, image editing, viewing software, your system, your display at the other end etc. It’s not going to give you much I don’t think

Soldato
I doubt any photos like this are going to give any realistic or sensible representation of the two screens personally. There are too many variables here with screen set up, camera capture, colour spaces, image editing, viewing software, your system, your display at the other end etc. It’s not going to give you much I don’t think

I think it is useful and I would rather see them than not see them.

Although would be better if his camera is capable of capturing DCIP3, I do not know much about cameras.

Last edited:
Associate
Absolutely agree there are so many variables when trying to post a picture or video like this. But instead of focusing on the absolute (how a wide gamut display photo is displayed on an sRGB screen) maybe the “relative” difference would be useful.

Maybe some information can be gleaned from seeing the relative difference between an sRGB screen mirrored to a wide gamut screen ? Certainly I absolutely believe it will disavow the notion that the colors are so over saturated that they are “neon”. That’s just ridiculous.

Soldato
Well any photos would be better than nothing, I agree if you had the same image on a standard gamut screen next to the LG, that would be even better.

Associate
Getting tired to be waiting in Spain, and there're no stores with the monitor listed. I think this is going to December... or January.

Back
Top Bottom