LG 34GN850-B 34" 3440X1440 NANO IPS 160HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC

Associate
no one here would want an oled on a desktop pc where the windows 10 ui burns into it after a couple of month's oled is so good not for a pc monitor. this 34gn850 is a super deal its only 850-899 euro's.
i love how people cry its expensive for a monitor like that. i am going for a 38gn950 dough. just because the ips panel is quicker looking at the 38gl950. this is 34 is probally just an 34gk950f with oc to 160hz

Caporegime
When we get the HDMI 2.1 cards, 4k@120. Currently 4k@60hz or obviously <1440p@120. Input lag is barely noticeable to me tbh

Obviously :D I don't have my 65" on the desk either, and I rarely use it as a PC monitor at the minute - mainly due to the fact my Vega64 doesn't much like 4k. But the 48" CX is definitely in the realm of usability. The point more about the pricing vs features - and you definitely should understand where I'm coming from on that front given how involved in the monitor market you are. Prices have skyrocketed these last 5 years with very minor improvements on the monitor side, but the TV side has seen vast quality and feature improvement and the prices have been a hell of a lot more reasonable.

I'm looking at the 38GN950 to replace my XR34 that I bought .... it's gotta be 5 years? ago for somewhere in the region of £850, can't remember the exact price. The X34 poked its head at 1k iirc and the XR was a little cheaper... Anyway, long story short - that's coming in at around £1600. If we ignore the passage of time then that extra £600 for the extra few inches, extra refresh rate and some possibly-maybe-reasonable HDR implementation would have been quite reasonable/understandable - it's just a bitter pill to swallow that this market, out of EVERY OTHER MARKET (except maybe GPU but that's another kettle of fish driven by nVidia's marketing that I don't want to dive into) gives you more at the same price point as time/technology develops whereas this one is always asking more and more.

Edit:: Slight rant, sorry. Obviously it irks me some.

Its understandable.
I'm going for 2 separate monitors as prices of monitors that can 'do it all' for me are ridiculous.

Warranty is garbage 2 compared to the 5 year you often get on tvs.

Personally can't justify near 1k+ for a 34 inch monitor or 1.5k for a 38 with 2 year warranty When 55 inch oled tvs are same cost with 5 year.

Makes me wonder if I should pull my desk from wall. And mount the smallest oled on it.

But again, I have static images on for hours at a time, and same next session etc.

Panel Lottery sucks too.

Really, monitors are generally ridiculous in price, warranty and quality vs tvs
No exaggeration to say you pay more for less in every category.

This post is actually making me think about it.
It would look amazing. A 48in screen flush on the wall!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm going for 2 separate monitors as prices of monitors that can 'do it all' for me are ridiculous.

This is what I'm thinking, I can buy 2 27" 1440p 165hz IPS panels for less than the cost of 1 34" 3440x1440 high refresh monitor. You don't even need to buy 2 high refesh, 1 gaming IPS and one 60hz IPS and you're looking at around 750.

Associate
Totally stuck between ordering this monitor or the Dell AW3420DW which is on offer for 927 do I wait into the LG is in stock or pick up the dell? Been unable to decide all day :(

Associate
Totally stuck between ordering this monitor or the Dell AW3420DW which is on offer for 927 do I wait into the LG is in stock or pick up the dell? Been unable to decide all day :(
You can get the Dell for less if you are or know a student with an academic email, plus if you have an Amex card.

The student discount is 15% (down to £887), and Amex are giving you £100 statement credit when you buy at Dell (down to £787) . Plus you could try your luck with Topcashback for another 5%: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/dell/ (down to £748). That might settle it.

Also the rtings review of the 34GN850 will be up in a couple of days or so, might be worth waiting for that.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting I have student discount, that was the price with the discount I think, will double check but I think the current discount is set at 10%

Associate
Well after a half days use, I think I have been blessed by the Panel Gods. No Dead Pixels. A very little IPS glow but barely noticeable. The colours are so vibrant and contrast appears great. I am very pleased.

Soldato
OP
Well after a half days use, I think I have been blessed by the Panel Gods. No Dead Pixels. A very little IPS glow but barely noticeable. The colours are so vibrant and contrast appears great. I am very pleased.

I'm realy pleased with mine too, how have you tested for ips glow?

I got brighter portions in the corner but its due to the curvature, if i move my head it dissapears.

Associate
I'm realy pleased with mine too, how have you tested for ips glow?

I got brighter portions in the corner but its due to the curvature, if i move my head it dissapears.
Yes I have a little in the bottom corners. But like yours due to the curvature because it near enough disappears when I move. I am so impressed so far.

Back
Top Bottom