LG 34GN850-B 34" 3440X1440 NANO IPS 160HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC

Associate
Got one out for delivery today to replace my 34UC88 from 4 years ago. Hopefully the panel lottery gods are with me for once I don't have to return 3/4 screens before I get one that is not completely knackered (My current 34UC88 still had a stuck pixel but after 3 others I got bored sending them back).

Edit: Seems the gods have smiled upon me for the first time. I cant see a single issue with it at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
To those who've had this monitor for a few weeks or months now, could I get some overall impressions please?

Overall happy with the purchase? Good points, bad points? Anything you're mad about?

I'm considering this as an upgrade from a 24", never had an ultrawide or curved monitor before. Primarily for gaming, sometimes watching media, occasional office work. Not sure whether I'll adapt to curved easily, and sometimes I want to chill on the sofa and watch stuff from about 2.5m away so I'm wondering if the curvature would make that weird.

Associate
Just a warning for those thinking about to order one of these, I've been having a nightmare with the recent batch which arrived in the UK.

Purchased at a different retailer, I've now been through three of these monitors.

The first had a dead pixel, the second had a stuck green pixel, and now the third I just received has a stuck red and stuck blue pixel. I've ordered another one but after that I'm done. Seems LG has really let QC slip in this latest batch. All manufactured in August 2020.

Back
Top Bottom