LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
I'm really loving using this as a desktop monitor.

I use voice control to switch it on, dead easy.

The colours and contrast are amazing and gaming on this at 120Hz HDR GSync is just incredible.

I wish I could say the same but no I’m very disappointed with it as a monitor. Went through 3 now so there is very little chance they were all much worse than what users here are getting. I’m just very picky it seems.

Associate
I had quite a bit of banding on my oled, but I kept running the pixel refresher. I know some say not to run it often but I ran mine (and still do) on a daily basis and it improved it massively.
this is different as its a colour shift and not banding so it doesn't improve by refreshing pixels.

4-BD11-C35-5-D0-D-4-F95-A561-86-BC2-ED6-A176.jpg

4-CA85-F55-C398-442-F-94-FD-C2-F9-AFA07-E03.jpg

Associate
Wow yeah that is horrendous.

While pixel refresher won't change the tint it should help with the banding.

But even if your panel was free of banding you (I assume) wouldn't toelrate the colour shift?

Associate
But even if your panel was free of banding you (I assume) wouldn't toelrate the colour shift?

Yes exactly.
And the one I got now is less red on near black content but it’s actually worse on bright colours so stuff like websites or documents look terrible.
It goes from green/blue to pink to green/blue again. Sent RS an email this morning asking them to accept a return but they have not replied so far as probably they had enough of me which I can understand lol.

Soldato
I wish I could say the same but no I’m very disappointed with it as a monitor. Went through 3 now so there is very little chance they were all much worse than what users here are getting. I’m just very picky it seems.
You probably are if you cannot be happy with 3 different screens. Dead pixels and ununiformed grey's. Apart from that I'm fine

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Been saying it for past year unfortunately, LG and quality control is shockingly bad. My CX went bust after 3 months normal usage, I don't even game. You should see over on AVF community the CX thread was plagued with similar horror stories, many got bad motherboards or poor uniformity and banding on their panels back in the day.

Its one of the reasons I wished to go Sony since I believe there quality control process still exist and they also hand pick the best looking panels to put under its Masterclass series, no doubt they check for uniformity, banding and dead pixels etc. Only issue is Sony puts far too much price increase on top for having that but guess its worth it sometimes. At 1.2K though the 42C2 was a bargain although it should have been 1k.

Might be worth trying to buy it from another supplier, I think RS and costca are usually very good about swap outs due to banding and uniformity, but Mr Lewis are apparently pretty bad and frown upon and block it, not sure about Mr Curries.

Soldato
I'm really loving using this as a desktop monitor.

I use voice control to switch it on, dead easy.

The colours and contrast are amazing and gaming on this at 120Hz HDR GSync is just incredible.

Yep is gorgeous. Normally play on larger oled but dragged my main gaming rig to 42" to play with higher PPI. Man cyberpunk with RT looks stunning and a blast to play (I always enjoyed it). It's spoiled me to an extent needing to use smaller screen when I go into the office now and then though :o

Associate
RS replied to my email and agreed to accept return.
What a relief that is.
Again they were very nice to me.

Back
Top Bottom