LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
it is???? https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled48cx6lb

And I can still buy it from that well known high street retailer. Dispatch withing 10 to 21 days.

Did you pre order one of the limited editions, slightly different model numbered ones which were £200 cheaper? I dont think they are ever coming back into stock.

You try and purchase that from that well known high street retailer then, it wont let you it goes right up until the payment and then tells you no.

Associate
I spoke to a few stores last week about this TV.

Was told that they were expecting stock in around July/August as LG's current stock was for a big retail store.

The gent I then spoke to from the retail stores over the phone told me they had 634 coming in stock on the 13th of June.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say the stores name :D

Associate
I spoke to a few stores last week about this TV.

Was told that they were expecting stock in around July/August as LG's current stock was for a big retail store.

The gent I then spoke to from the retail stores over the phone told me they had 634 coming in stock on the 13th of June.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say the stores name :D
Does it begin with a C ?

Associate
Still waiting for mine from the stated high street retailer. Ordered 29th April. No stock apparently although a minority got one. At the time (2 days ago) they said they had a back order list of 16 so hopefully they'll clear that soon.

The listing has been saying 10-21 days for weeks now except for the occasion where it was simply out of stock.

Last edited:
Associate
L
Maybe it’s an exclusive with curry’s for a while or they get more stock. Kinda like the deal ocuk does with graphics cards and other equipment sometimes

The one they have an exclusive with is the 48CX6LB, LG told me its the same as the other model from other stores apart from the stand is a different colour, only difference :)

Guessing they may have only made those to start with for what ever reason.

Associate
You try and purchase that from that well known high street retailer then, it wont let you it goes right up until the payment and then tells you no.

That happened to me as well when I tried to add the care plan and pay for the care plan monthly, I added it as a lump sum for the 5 years and it let me order and pay for the TV. Normally I wouldn't bother but I've had 2 new screens in my other OLEDS from them due to burn in :/ so thought better had

Associate
That happened to me as well when I tried to add the care plan and pay for the care plan monthly, I added it as a lump sum for the 5 years and it let me order and pay for the TV. Normally I wouldn't bother but I've had 2 new screens in my other OLEDS from them due to burn in :/ so thought better had
Im chatting to the service just now will see what happens.

Associate
No it seems they are out of stock and that includes the back order, gutted :(
Might grab the 55" but could get a C9 55" for £1100

Associate
How come you're not using it at 4k 120hz? these have something called DSC (Display Stream Compression) that compresses the data so even without a HDMI 2.1 card you can still do 4k 120hz. Might be worth picking up some HDMI 2.1 cables if you're not having any luck with it and I think it requires a turing rtx card.

Here is a video discussing it from Vincent.

Here is another video of a cx owner enabling 4k 120hz. He has is it on 4:4:4 RGB 10bit.

As of yet there is no hdmi 2.1 support on any card so nope you can't do 4k 120hz 4;4;4 - as soon as the next gen of nvidia launches I will gobble one up!

From what I can tell is that G-sync only works with the RTX cards and the 1660 series.

Soldato
Is there a desk mount that would work for this? I have a sit/stand desk so i cant just wall mount it unfortunately :| could leave it on it's default stand but that probably protrudes quite a bit, if it's anything like my c9 in the living room anyway.

Associate
As of yet there is no hdmi 2.1 support on any card so nope you can't do 4k 120hz 4;4;4 - as soon as the next gen of nvidia launches I will gobble one up!

From what I can tell is that G-sync only works with the RTX cards and the 1660 series.

Well according to the guy in the video if you read the comments he says he has it set at 4:4:4 rgb 10bit, dsc reduces the bandwidth requirement for this from 40gb+ down to 18gb with near zero quality loss, so that's why it's possible. I'm only going on what's out there and I've no personal experience myself but thought it was worth mentioning.

OSyt7Xf.png

Associate
I've spotted this monitor recently as I've been on the look out for a monitor like this for some time but I'm unsure would this be a waste for me even though I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 but it's as far as I know it's not HDMI 2.1 and this tv doesnt have Display Port

Soldato
I've spotted this monitor recently as I've been on the look out for a monitor like this for some time but I'm unsure would this be a waste for me even though I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 but it's as far as I know it's not HDMI 2.1 and this tv doesnt have Display Port

It does not have displyport correct. Ideally next gen GPU's will come with full HDMI 2.1. your 2080Ti would be limited to 120hz @ 1440p or 60hz @ 4k. One advantage you do have is you get G-Sync compatibility with 2xxx and 16xx Turing GPUs vs last gen Pascal. Of course you do get all the Pro's and con's of OLED

I also am waiting on next gen, hoping with the extra grunt over this gen and full HDMI 2.1, it will pair well with the 65" for gaming.

Associate
It does not have displyport correct. Ideally next gen GPU's will come with full HDMI 2.1. your 2080Ti would be limited to 120hz @ 1440p or 60hz @ 4k. One advantage you do have is you get G-Sync compatibility with 2xxx and 16xx Turing GPUs vs last gen Pascal. Of course you do get all the Pro's and con's of OLED

I also am waiting on next gen, hoping with the extra grunt over this gen and full HDMI 2.1, it will pair well with the 65" for gaming.

Thanks for the reply, ya it's a really nice monitor alrught but ill have to think on it a bit more as it's hard to justify spending that money and really only getting the best performance when the new next Gen GPU comes

Associate
No it seems they are out of stock and that includes the back order, gutted :(
Might grab the 55" but could get a C9 55" for £1100

Just spoke to one of there advisors on FB to check on my order and he said they have stock coming in on the 9th ( tomorrow ) so I should get my delivery details in the next day or two.

jkfHQdq

Back
Top Bottom