LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
so
Stand to bracket Highest point
Bracket to TV lowest point.

You could move the Stand bracket down around 2 more inchs making almost touching if not touching the stand

Thanks. What are your thoughts on the stand? Sturdy, up to the task? Appreciated Caff's feedback but always good to get several opinions :p

Associate
Here's mine.

y4m8ktl7abZS-Oe_IZgg9kaDkysFkWXe0iHLYFcLGJMwI6ohGqXOvuwZyBmMQhEWNovPrDHZozxmgEzGCkCvRBD_OgBNduizpVbGjY76IjOEf3gj_Obqh9w1QZaQuID3GIr2I81CEEkCj_mtY_IN5_8WHf1_mXi-XFFFyHRyN1M9kI5Y2HHbZxUTqsOqEN6PHawXYRrC6QtDOXrxeScDg2myg

I have to say I'm absolutely loving this screen. I've had plenty of screen over the years and this is significantly superior to all of them. The colour depth is outstanding and it's incredibly responsive.

I just want to see what the new graphics cards coming out can do with this baby later this year/2021.
Lie you I'm really looking forward to seeing what this screen can do with the next generation of GPUs. I imagine the experience of running this screen at 120hz will be a site to behold!!

Soldato
Here's mine.
I have to say I'm absolutely loving this screen. I've had plenty of screen over the years and this is significantly superior to all of them. The colour depth is outstanding and it's incredibly responsive.

Welcome to the party!

I'd be interested to know what colour tone/settings everyone is using, both on the TV and in Windows/NVCP.

Associate
i have been on the lookout for a monitor that will match the ps5 and incoming nvidia graphic cards but so far ive seen 2 that are 27inch that i would need as i game at a desk but both are around £800 and only do hdmi 2.0 which correct me if wrong but cant do the higher frame rates on 4k,

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-widescreen-gamin-mo-0an-as.html?template=amp

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-144-ac.html

so stumbled on this thread and as i wanted a monitor this tv looks very nice and ticks all the boxes, but im not sure on the size as at the moment as i said i game at desk with 27 inch dual monitors.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gpmLzip

Last edited:
Soldato
i have been on the lookout for a monitor that will match the ps5 and incoming nvidia graphic cards but so far ive seen 2 that are 27inch that i would need as i game at a desk but both are around £800 and only do hdmi 2.0 which correct me if wrong but cant do the higher frame rates on 4k,

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rog-strix-xg27uq-27-3840x2160-ips-144hz-1ms-freesync-g-sync-compatible-hdr400-widescreen-gamin-mo-0an-as.html?template=amp

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-144-ac.html

so stumbled on this thread and as i wanted a monitor this tv looks very nice and ticks all the boxes, but im not sure on the size as at the moment as i said i game at desk with 27 inch dual monitors.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gpmLzip

Nothing will come close to this OLED for gaming performance, so if that's your predominant use case, I wouldn't hesitate. You COULD wait for the Asus PG32UQX, which has an impressive spec on paper, but considering you'd get nearly x2 48" OLEDs for that money, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Plus OLED will still destroy it in every metric, other than 32" being far more desk friendly. The ergonomic implications of 48" in a desk set-up are really its only issue. In every other way, LCD hangs its head in shame.

Associate
Nothing will come close to this OLED for gaming performance, so if that's your predominant use case, I wouldn't hesitate. You COULD wait for the Asus PG32UQX, which has an impressive spec on paper, but considering you'd get nearly x2 48" OLEDs for that money, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Plus OLED will still destroy it in every metric, other than 32" being far more desk friendly. The ergonomic implications of 48" in a desk set-up are really its only issue. In every other way, LCD hangs its head in shame.

Considering ps5 isn’t out yet and don’t no when the new nvidia cards are out would you wait to see if possibly the price comes down a little,
as I’m gaming on a 1080ti with a dell s2716dg display,

Soldato
It looks nice, but not very ergonomic with how close you are to a screen of that size.

A large (deep) desk mostly solves this problem. I'd not recommend this to anyone with less than 80cm of depth.
Here's mine.

y4m8ktl7abZS-Oe_IZgg9kaDkysFkWXe0iHLYFcLGJMwI6ohGqXOvuwZyBmMQhEWNovPrDHZozxmgEzGCkCvRBD_OgBNduizpVbGjY76IjOEf3gj_Obqh9w1QZaQuID3GIr2I81CEEkCj_mtY_IN5_8WHf1_mXi-XFFFyHRyN1M9kI5Y2HHbZxUTqsOqEN6PHawXYRrC6QtDOXrxeScDg2myg

Lie you I'm really looking forward to seeing what this screen can do with the next generation of GPUs. I imagine the experience of running this screen at 120hz will be a site to behold!!

Welcome to the club, your setup looks great.

Words don't really do this monitor justice, it's leagues ahead of any other monitor out there, once you've seen it in person, it's impossible to go back to any other screen!

Soldato
I've finally snapped. I have a 48CX being delivered next Friday.

I've been looking to upgrade to a new monitor for a while, settling on an Odyssey G7. However, since a lot of my recent screen time has been an OLED killer of long days on office software, I've long discounted this screen along with the price. But my god does it look good in your photos! :eek: Can't wait to try it out with stuff like TLoU2, RDR2, etc. :)

Associate
Hello,
I got this TV yesterday and i dont know what I am doing wrong but so far its not meeting my expectations.
My current screen for my PC is a Pana Plasma. Running 60 hz.
The problems I have is when running 60 hz games on the LG.

1. Extreme input lag in all screen modes except game mode. But in game mode there is a lot of ghosting.
2. Extreme ghosting(ufo test) in game mode.

This is only in 60hz. In 120 Hz its much better almost as good as my 2012 plasma.
In game mode, the ghosting is much worse than in other modes(60hz). Turning on trumotion fixes that but the screen is flickering like and old CRT and it gets very dark.

So why not use 120 hz in nvidia cpl then? Well, because my 1080TI cant keep 120fps in all games and it introduces stutter.
On the plasma everything ran smooth and with low input lag in 60hz.

What happens if I connect a ps4 which runs 60hz will there be as much lag and ghosting?

Anyone else have this issue in 60hz in this LG?

It is even very noticable in windows mouse pointer in 60hz. Very laggy and ghosting.

Soldato
Hello,
I got this TV yesterday and i dont know what I am doing wrong but so far its not meeting my expectations.
My current screen for my PC is a Pana Plasma. Running 60 hz.
The problems I have is when running 60 hz games on the LG.

1. Extreme input lag in all screen modes except game mode. But in game mode there is a lot of ghosting.
2. Extreme ghosting(ufo test) in game mode.

This is only in 60hz. In 120 Hz its much better almost as good as my 2012 plasma.
In game mode, the ghosting is much worse than in other modes(60hz). Turning on trumotion fixes that but the screen is flickering like and old CRT and it gets very dark.

So why not use 120 hz in nvidia cpl then? Well, because my 1080TI cant keep 120fps in all games and it introduces stutter.
On the plasma everything ran smooth and with low input lag in 60hz.

What happens if I connect a ps4 which runs 60hz will there be as much lag and ghosting?

Anyone else have this issue in 60hz in this LG?

It is even very noticable in windows mouse pointer in 60hz. Very laggy and ghosting.

not had any of these issues, although first time i connected the screen up. it actaully configured it to be 30hz in NVCP but 60 in windows and i got ghosting.

Forced update in NVCP no issue since then

Back
Top Bottom