LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
I have a 60cm deep desk but unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I do sit a little back off it with my keyboard and mouse at the very front. I'll report how I get on with this size when it arrives next week, but I have used a 42" as a monitor before and got on fine with that.

Soldato
Has anyone tried running a 1st person shooter (Battlefield, CoD, CounterStrike, Doom, Prey, Titan Fall, DayZ etc) through one of these 80cm from your eyes?
i tried Overwatch very briefly in pratice mode. feels ok but wouldnt say its amazing. Definately think 1440p 120hz mode would be better for these games over 4K. bodies are massive though even in 4K so easy headshots :D

Soldato
i tried Overwatch very briefly in pratice mode. feels ok but wouldnt say its amazing. Definately think 1440p 120hz mode would be better for these games over 4K. bodies are massive though even in 4K so easy headshots :D

Doesn't 1440p look awful on a 48" or i guess not too noticable in game other than the text etc? I only really play wow, lol and rocket league at the moment.

Soldato
Fitted my Fitueyes stand today. Stand is fantastic, absolutely must IMO for this monitor. Lets me position the monitor on the extreme edge of my 80cm deep desk, which gives me roughly 10-12" more distance. The LG included stand protrudes from the back, preventing you from positioning it on the edge.

The stand also lets the monitor sit around 1" lower than the LG included stand (is fully height adjustable if you want it higher), doesn't sound like much but for a display this big, makes a huge difference. I'm short, so having the top of the monitor more level with my eyes is great.

Soldato
I assume wall mounting with a 700mm desk would work fine?

Will be perfect with a wall mount, as you can pull your desk out from the wall a few inches if you feel the need. I was considering wall mounting mine, but decided against it. I'm still deciding the final room layout for my Valve Index and PC setup, so don't want to mount it permanently (yet).

Soldato
@Dave2150 could you link to the stand you've referred to?

Cheers

Think it's against the rules to link directly to it, but search for the following on the rainforest "FITUEYES Universal Table Top TV Stand Pedestal Bracket for 26" - 55" Screen 6 Levels Height Adjustable Cable Management Holds 40kgs Glass Base Max. VESA 400x400 mm". It's £19.99.

All credit to @caff for discovering and sharing this stand earlier in the thread, it makes a huge difference! Just having the monitor a further 12" away effectively stops me having to rotate/tilt my head to view the corners, now it's just small eye movements :)

Soldato
Doesn't 1440p look awful on a 48" or i guess not too noticable in game other than the text etc? I only really play wow, lol and rocket league at the moment.
It does look a bit off but like a motion filter on the whole screen but it's certainly playable.

To be far text is ok it's more of textures look bland

I played two rounds of ow at 4k 60hz and it was fine to be honest would rather be further back than 60cm for sure. As long as your not expecting to be full eSports competitive it's fine.

Think it be great for sniper elite.

This screen is for sure made for console or controller gaming.

Where you can relax back and chill . For me all third person games fall into this category especially due to my disability and how it feels.

First person k+m
Third person controller

Soldato
Would appreciate input to see if my desk would be able to accomdate this, it's 76 x 116 x 75 cm, it looks doable on paper but I read somewhere on here regarding 80cm depth but not sure what the context was.

Soldato
Depth is a guide. It all comes down to each person to whether you'll ultimately be comfortable using a monitor of this size close-up. I'd say with this monitor at the back of the desk, with you sat back in your chair, would be fine. I'm going to be using it on a desk that isn't as deep as that. :)

Soldato
Would appreciate input to see if my desk would be able to accomdate this, it's 76 x 116 x 75 cm, it looks doable on paper but I read somewhere on here regarding 80cm depth but not sure what the context was.

IMO you'd get away with 75/76cm as long as you use the Fitueyes stand, as you can push the monitor very far back onto the desk with it. If wall mounting, then you get get away with a less deep desk as long as you're prepared to pull out the desk from the wall a bit.

For me there's a night and day difference in viewing perspective between using the monitor on the Fitueyes stand vs having it on the LG default stand. Far more monitor like and what I'm used to.

Soldato
@Dave2150 - it states the stand comes with mounting hardware for most TV's. Are these the correct ones for this? I didn't actually realise how far it sticks out there, so that looks like an essential purchase for me.

Edit - looked them up. Noticed that it does. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Do bear in mind, from what I can see online, that stand does not have "tilt" functionality, and for sure, with such a large screen up close, tilt is a feature you want. I had another look and there are alternatives that do exactly the same thing, but also have tilt as a feature. Tilt, is very useful, as with a large display, put on a desk with a stand, its already above the desk, your eye level is somewhat off, the tilt helps prevent neck strain and makes it more natural and lessens reflections.

Back
Top Bottom