LG c9 OLED

Soldato
A couple of things I have found annoying with this TV over my older Samsung F8000 (2013 model), after using it for a couple of weeks.

• The TV guide only loads one screen into the buffer. I like to scroll through the TV guide to check out what to watch and it’s annoying having to wait approx 5 secs for the details to load for every new page (10 channels)
  • Recording programmes. We like to record programmes to a hard drive connected via USB but on this TV you need to be watching the channel you are recording else it stops the recording. Seems the TV only has a single tuner :mad:
I’d have expected better from a TV costing more than a 2013 TV with these features.
Don't you have the B9 not the C9?

Associate
After umming and erring over Black Fri I finally caved and bought one in the Boxing Day sales. Turned up today and have spent some of the day getting it installed and set up. It looks like I'll need to upgrade my current amp though as it's a bit long in the tooth but has been going strong all this time(Onkyo TX-SR607) as it doesn't do 4k pass-through.

I'm a little out of the loop and not the biggest audiophile, but is the recommended setup still to have all devices >> amp >> tv? I've been looking at the HDMI ARC functionality on this TV so not sure if I should be using that instead (devices >> tv >> amp).

Any recommendations on a sub £500 amp wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Soldato
After umming and erring over Black Fri I finally caved and bought one in the Boxing Day sales. Turned up today and have spent some of the day getting it installed and set up. It looks like I'll need to upgrade my current amp though as it's a bit long in the tooth but has been going strong all this time(Onkyo TX-SR607) as it doesn't do 4k pass-through.

I'm a little out of the loop and not the biggest audiophile, but is the recommended setup still to have all devices >> amp >> tv? I've been looking at the HDMI ARC functionality on this TV so not sure if I should be using that instead (devices >> tv >> amp).

Any recommendations on a sub £500 amp wouldn't go amiss either ;)

I'm going sources to TV then optical out.

But once I get a new av pre it'll stay the same.the only difference is hdmi out from TV to av pre, as the sources are near the tv

Soldato
Could someone with a 55C9 measure the width of the stand please?

I'm teetering on buying but I'd like to retain my Sony XT3 soundbase (75cm wide from memory) so I'm trying figure out if the 55C9 would sit on it OK or if I'll need to mount to the back of the IKEA cabinet thing it sits in.

Annoyingly the B9 has a much narrower stand that would definitely fit :p

Edit - found a review that says around 90cm, damn it :p

Maybe a new matching soundbar too...

Last edited:
Soldato
Could someone with a 55C9 measure the width of the stand please?

I'm teetering on buying but I'd like to retain my Sony XT3 soundbase (75cm wide from memory) so I'm trying figure out if the 55C9 would sit on it OK or if I'll need to mount to the back of the IKEA cabinet thing it sits in.

Annoyingly the B9 has a much narrower stand that would definitely fit :p

Edit - found a review that says around 90cm, damn it :p

Maybe a new matching soundbar too...

Oh well guess you're going to have to spend £20,000 on a seperates system .

Associate
Mine should hopefully arrive before new year :D Going to be used as a PC/Console monitor for the bedroom, wall mounted.

Treated myself to an Atmos Soundbar too.

Please let me know how you get on with one, particularly PC use please as I'm looking at a C9 to go with my PC as they look WAY better quality, value and have longer warranty periods than PC monitors :)

Soldato
Please let me know how you get on with one, particularly PC use please as I'm looking at a C9 to go with my PC as they look WAY better quality, value and have longer warranty periods than PC monitors :)
Will do.

Managed to get it on its arm last night and gave a few Netflix shows a try and it looks stunning. Wrestled with attaching the Soundbar to the arm this morning and will test PC functionality tonight

Soldato
Is it possible to rename HDMI inputs on 4.70 firmware?

Only 'guides' i can find are for 3.XX firmwares and i can't find the same menus.

It's about the only point of minor annoyance so far, in that it's picked up my Virgin V6 box as 'Armstrong' and i'd like it say 'Virgin' on it :p

Soldato
I've got latest and yes can rename inputs.

Trying the built in video player, it's not bad but some file won't play. So my Kodi box is more compatible. Unless it downloads codes as.it needs them, or can you install MX player or something like that with widespread audio/video codecs?

Back
Top Bottom