LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Not sure if people can help on my question but the LG OLED has a hardwire power plug meaning I really can't extend it without chopping the end and wiring up my own which I dont really want to do.

I have trunking where the TV will go but also seen you can get OE replacement power leads but not sure if there are ones longer than 1.5m. Anyone here had to hack or do anything with their power leads to fit their setup?

Not sure if anyone replied, but I just made my own extension cable to go through the wall, then plugged it in behind the tv. Saves changing the TV plug at all then and potentially affecting warranty.

Well you can always tweak it to your own tastes, that's the joy of having your own TV. :p

And yes, currently I have it on my favourite profile Cinema Home but I will experiment with others as you suggest. I think I just don't like very bright images on displays in general from so many years of monitor usage and avoiding eye strain.

PS: terrestrial TV (BBC One HD etc) look notably worse than my Samsung so I need to figure out the best settings for that.

Oh yes of course, I just meant that the HDR brightness settings are best left alone, if you start lowering them then I presume its going to mess with HDR specular highlights and all the tone mapping that goes on.

Cinema Home is good for a bright room I find, if in a darker room with say just some ambient light cinema is a good one to try. Also with cinema home, that uses the DV IQ feature and for that to work you need to have Ai brightness on which is found in the settings> general> ai service. DV IQ only works in the cinema home preset and I think the consensus is that cinema home is good if you have a lot of light in your room as the DV IQ feature will adjust brightness on the fly to suit the room setting.

As for terrestrial tv you have got it on channel 101 and not just channel 1:D, when I retune it, it always defaults to non HD BBC channel 1 for some reason, no idea why we still have the SD channels still in this day and age.
I use either Filmmaker or ISF dark with OLED light at around 35-40, I mainly watch in the evening with low light in the room.

Last edited:
Yeah, just make a small hole in the wall and run them through where it will all be hidden behind the TV. I've got a 4 way adaptor pulled through mine :p

I found out when doing my office putting the cables through the wall for the TV turned out much more difficult as the plaster board was very close to the breezeblock wall and sliding a cable down wasn't so easy. The dob and dab method when this house was put together made it difficult for the hdmi cable for example to fit through. It would involve what would have been a 'simple' job to turn into a bigger job pulling or channelling somewhere where the cable would fit through and then plastering it over. Too much work involve.

It was more work to patch up and paint then taking on a job for trunking.

Last edited:
Been very tempted to order a CX 55 now they are at their lowest likely price...but all these reports of the VRR flickering have put me off. Was it something that was ever fixed?

Been very tempted to order a CX 55 now they are at their lowest likely price...but all these reports of the VRR flickering have put me off. Was it something that was ever fixed?

There is an officia LG price drop coming on the 10th for the CX and BX models so even better value. Can't say i have noticed any VRR flicker on my 48"CX.

Apparently they will offer 10% off for one week only from 10th off march.

Last edited:
I'm using 2.4G wifi and no problems streaming 4k content, Amazon, Netflix, iPlayer etc all fine.

As someone trusted me about the clearance on the Vogels 405 wall mount, might as well share on here. Leaves you exactly 6cm from the top panel to the wall.

jXEOJGn.jpg

Lampshades are being delivered today, before anyone asks :p

It that the Vogels 405 ExtraThin wall mount clamming it can hold a capacity of 25 kg?

Hello boys, i wanted to buy an Lg Cx 48 for my Xbox Series X but not sure if i should pull the trigger or wait? It would be 1433€ but they include 5 years warranty extra.

also it that burn in stuff really that bad that tv would pretty much run daily 12 hours at least if not more. Gaming,netflix mainly.

Any help would be superb

Also interested in pulling the trigger on a CX55 with this sale starting tomorrow. Now we're in a proper house we agreed that we need something a bit bigger than the old 43" that's come from our old place! Convincing her that we need to go OLED is the hard part now...

Also interested in pulling the trigger on a CX55 with this sale starting tomorrow. Now we're in a proper house we agreed that we need something a bit bigger than the old 43" that's come from our old place! Convincing her that we need to go OLED is the hard part now...
Once she sees it all will be forgiven... Queue up some nature docs

So given the CX has dropped DTS sound support of the C9 via USB playback... how does this work when it comes to steaming video off video platforms? Are video platforms like Disney and Netflix all DOLBY then?

Some films are only mastered in DTS when it comes to Bluray.

So given the CX has dropped DTS sound support of the C9 via USB playback... how does this work when it comes to steaming video off video platforms? Are video platforms like Disney and Netflix all DOLBY then?

Some films are only mastered in DTS when it comes to Bluray.

I've had no issue getting Atmos passed through the TV with Disney, Netflix, Amazon Prime or Apple.

Sorry if I've misunderstood

Just purchased an LG OLED 65CX from RS for £1599 .

Pice matched electric shops £1619 and beat it by £20 . Guy on the phone said they had 100 in stock at 10AM when they opened and wee down to 60 after an hour !

I've had no issue getting Atmos passed through the TV with Disney, Netflix, Amazon Prime or Apple.

Sorry if I've misunderstood

Yes dolby content is fine as it has a dolby decoder.

The CX dropped the DTS decoder which the C9 had. My question is what happens to content with a DTS soundtrack from streaming services? Does it play with sound?

Surely all streaming movies and shows can't all be in dolby? Maybe it is...

Can't believe LG dropped support for DTS.

Back
Top Bottom