LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Another quick question please :) How are you finding auto brightness on the tv (when scenes change from dark to light ), is it very aggressive and noticeable ? This feature drove me mad on my Samsung TV so had to switch it off in service menu.

I’ve turned all the AI settings off for now, just fitted 8 ceiling spot lights so when I’m done I can try some aggressive lighting changes.

Associate
I’ve turned all the AI settings off for now, just fitted 8 ceiling spot lights so when I’m done I can try some aggressive lighting changes.
opps sorry misread post, I haven’t noticed anything untoward yet, nothing is standing out just great images playing loads of Disney+ in 4k

Soldato
Just Xbox for now, gaming rigs at work will try just not yet

Hi there, thanks for the reply. appreciated it, was not sure what you meant by everything but your reply helps clarify things :)

If you could check with Nvidia G-sync neat, but do not sweat it, know it can be a pain to do some testing and that is just lugging a PC in the same house let alone from another spot :)

Caporegime
Rtings have reviewed the CX

Seems the 120hz BFI is underwhelming, particularly compared to the Panasonic HZ1000 BFI

That could have been the killer feature to make it worth upgrading to, but it seems the C9 is almost as good.

Soldato

Seems the 120hz BFI is underwhelming, particularly compared to the Panasonic HZ1000 BFI

That could have been the killer feature to make it worth upgrading to, but it seems the C9 is almost as good.

Vincents review will be interesting, Rtings review seemed like a rushed copy and paste of the C9 review, they even kept banging on about screen burn for some reason, as if it was a huge issue on the CX, when we all know that the newer OLEDS have improved in this area.

Soldato
Vincents review will be interesting, Rtings review seemed like a rushed copy and paste of the C9 review, they even kept banging on about screen burn for some reason, as if it was a huge issue on the CX, when we all know that the newer OLEDS have improved in this area.

seem to have a stat dump mostly so don’t mind. On screen burn in still a risk no? Unless there is absolutely 0 chance ever of it happening it’s okay to point out imo. Maby highlight it has improved but still a con imo. Can see as forum also list burn in as a con on there review of the Gx https://www.avforums.com/reviews/lg-gx-oled65gx-4k-oled-tv-review.17543

does seem in both accurate forums and RTINGS review, peak brightness has been reduced on there respective samples compared to the C9 in some situations. Wonder if this is another way to reduce any possible burn in. Granted only a sample size of 2.

Soldato
seem to have a stat dump mostly so don’t mind. On screen burn in still a risk no? Unless there is absolutely 0 chance ever of it happening it’s okay to point out imo. Maby highlight it has improved but still a con imo. Can see as forum also list burn in as a con on there review of the Gx https://www.avforums.com/reviews/lg-gx-oled65gx-4k-oled-tv-review.17543

does seem in both accurate forums and RTINGS review, peak brightness has been reduced on there respective samples compared to the C9 in some situations. Wonder if this is another way to reduce any possible burn in. Granted only a sample size of 2.

I guess screen burn is still a risk but I just thought they mentioned it a lot, when the newer sets are better at preventing it.

I must say I think the brightness on the CX is bright, compared to my B6. I was watching Star Wars Rise of Skywalker the other night in cinema picture mode, which is an accurate picture mode but slightly dimmer than other PMs, so good for dark room environment, HDR pop and areas that should be bright really come to the forefront, i think the CX does a great job at this.

There is a test firmware reported that apparently improves HDR/DV, not that it wasn't already great!

I know the newer oleds had raised black issues with DV, even the CX has issue with raised black in DV, someone who has installed it says he has no raised blacks in any picture mode, so fingers crossed, not holding my breath though, but perhaps LG may have fixed issues with raised black and all the series of oleds get this fix.

Soldato

Rtings tweeted something about BFI.

"Yes, we found a separate issue that was causing the duplications. The review will be updated shortly."

Soldato
OP
I'm not sold on BFI at any refresh rate. I understand the benefit it can bring to low framerate content, however the downsides are too great imo, especially on an OLED that is already not super bright to begin with

Caporegime
I'm not sold on BFI at any refresh rate. I understand the benefit it can bring to low framerate content, however the downsides are too great imo, especially on an OLED that is already not super bright to begin with

Obviously wouldn't use it for HDR.

For SDR it would be useful though.

Soldato
Soldato
Most of the UK VOD apps come under the Freeview Play certification, which LG didn't include for 2020 new models. They say they're working on bringing the individual apps to them.

Associate
There's a guy who has reviewed the 48" version of this TV on the Currys website and the LG site (https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...ogle-assistant-amazon-alexa-10205969-pdt.html) and slates it for not having smart TV apps (iplayer, All4, etc. - UK centric ones) - is that correct?

This is true the wife isn't happy no ITV player, BBC player and no catchup apps, still can use the Tivo so I'm not in the doghouse. It does have some weird ITV/BBC collaboration App but is not free.

Back
Top Bottom