LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor

Soldato
Ah right! Well that's a good question. I have asked LG's PR people enough times about that but they seem about as nonplussed as everyone else. So I don't really know. Oddly enough there isn't a 27" FPR IPS panel even listed on LGs 2012 panel list. They're usually quite forthcoming about such things and it isn't unheard of that despite a demonstration at CES the whole thing turns into vapourware. I hope this isn't the case - maybe we'll see something in April or May.

Soldato
I remain optimistic that it will be released. I always enjoy testing new monitor tech. so quite looking forward to testing them - just not sure when. They have invested a lot of time and presumably money promoting their new 'invisible bezel' designs for Cinema 3D TVs which the monitor line is an offshoot of. With the unique nature of the products I think it will be in LGs interest to release them. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered a LG DM2780D, which as they have been dicontinued was rather difficult to find - did get it for £265 incl delivery so happy - hope I get the right glasses and its as good as the reviews and comments I've seen.

Soldato
seems like they have a new range coming out in 6 weeks (although thats only according to the sales people I have spoken to - although several different companies)

That's promising. The DM92 et al. discussed just above are the only new LG FPR monitors in the pipeline and the April/May release I hoped for would fit in with this. LG usually show off this kind of stuff at CES then again at CeBIT at the start of March before releasing in April or May.

Soldato
OP
Fingers crossed for the 27" :)

But am going to start to hounding LG now on the glasses issue, even if will be replacing with one of the new IPS screens.

Don't see why I should need to post them glasses. They should know there are two variants of polarised glasses.

Soldato
Fingers crossed for the 27" :)

But am going to start to hounding LG now on the glasses issue, even if will be replacing with one of the new IPS screens.

Don't see why I should need to post them glasses. They should know there are two variants of polarised glasses.

Yeah you would have thought so. The communication between their different departments seems to be pretty poor at the moment; hence why nobody from LG can give me any good juicy info on the DM92. :(

Soldato
LG always put extra codes after their main monitor models. In this case I think 'pz' is simply the full designation for the DM2780D in Europe. 'PU' for North America. Sometimes the letters are simply a designation for a different light and OSD button illumination colour but these don't seem to be.

Soldato
OP
Ok, if you are going to be keeping and trying to get the correct glasses from LG, then might be worth following the guys twitter on previous page.

I have been in contact with them over phone and online and posted off my current glasses yesterday.

The more of us that get on their case about this, the better our chances of them realising something wrong and helping us.

Unfortunately I think the reason for this is ignorance about more than one type of polarised glasses. Hopefully we can get them round!

Associate
The Zalman glasses I tried were the incorrect ones I believe.

Should have tried the ZM-SG100G, but got the ZM-SG100C.

Now I can't find the SG100G's anywhere for reasonable price.

I still need to post my glasses off to LG, but I guess because I have fashioned my own working glasses, I am in no hurry (but I really should get on their case)

Join the twitter of the guy above and voice your concerns too. More the merrier.

Uncharted 3 has to be one of the worst cases of ghosting I have seen in 3D. Apart from having the correct glasses, things you can do to reduce this are:
1) when in 3D mode in game, press "Qmenu" button on TV remote and adjust viewpoint all way to left.
2) In game settings, drop the 3D depth
3) On tele, try lowering contrast and/or upping the brightness.

ZM-SG100C is simply the clip on version of the 100G - I use them with the dm2780d as I also need to use real specs when closer than 6ft from the monitor. They do get rid of the vivid purple ghosting at the normal viewing angle.

Soldato
OP
Really? Wonder if got supplied the wrong kind, because when I got some Zalman glasses to try, tilting my head 45 degrees to left still reduced ghosting.

The Zalman clip-ons were awful though - they simply wouldn't clip on to any of my glasses. The LG clip-ons were far better.

Now, I know most talk about purple ghosting, but for me, most of the time I can not see any purple colouring, but definitely ghosting. Don't know if it's down to my colour blindness though.

Soldato
OP
Well, LG have received my glasses, and apparently should hopefully be getting tested soon.

The tech people don't have any of these particular screens at the moment though :(

Anyway, the support lacky says he has flagged issue for head office review, though not too sure on that.

One person has responded to aforementioned twitter account stating whoever he spoke to was aware of the issue and new glasses were being sent ASAP. Hopefully I will find out who he spoke to soon.

There seems to be a real disconnect with who knows what at LG...

Associate
lg customer services

the guy that is getting the new glasses had an active set that is what customer services have said they might be lying dont know but the whole team knows me now they even get the twitter up chris when i ring lol as i said before i spoke to the top guy at head office jerry hunt what a complete an utter arse hole was not willing to accept there was any fault with the DM2780D he thought i was threatning him when i said consumer direct has passed this issue onto trading standards and that watchdog have emailed me back and might be intrested in this matter if you have nothing to hide how can i be threatning him lol had a bit of success tonite hopefully this will go above jerry boys head getting a call on monday from lg.

Associate
LG DM2780D

guys and girls i have 3 of these units at my house one manufactured in october 2011 one november 2011 and even one in december 2011 all made in poland and all with the same fault tilt ur 45 degrees to left and u have a perfect 3d pic also tried about 15 diffrent pairs of offical lg 3d cinema glasses and a few of them real d cinema ones lol all have the same problem join me on twitter leegoodbody twitter p.s i have the same initials as them lol L.G

Back
Top Bottom